Aspen Ghost 13-Apr-19
Ucsdryder 13-Apr-19
Teeton 13-Apr-19
Glunt@work 13-Apr-19
Aspen Ghost 13-Apr-19
Teeton 14-Apr-19
goelk 14-Apr-19
12-Apr-19
Can you hike/pack through a draw unit in Colorado to get to a otc unit? I have to say you can now that I have a state wide small game license.

12-Apr-19
Can you hike/pack through a draw unit in Colorado to get to a otc unit? I have to say you can now that I have a state wide small game license.

12-Apr-19
Yes. You can. I called and asked a few years ago.

13-Apr-19
I kinda thought it was ok, but wanted to check. Making a plan if we don't draw Mt.

13-Apr-19
Speaking of which- when’s the Montana draw? Hoping to pull a 410 tag thier

13-Apr-19
What if you're deemed to be hunting in that unit but in actuality you're just walking through with your bow.

13-Apr-19
He’s hunting.... grouse.

13-Apr-19
Strapping your bow on your pack, and a stringer cover/sling could help prove you weren't hunting the unit you're passing through.

13-Apr-19
Might be a good idea to have your GPS tracking feature on when hauling out an elk and save a waypoint of the kill site. In the event that a warden checks you at the road when hauling out an elk, you can show him exactly where you killed the elk and your extraction route. I imagine the GW would appreciate it as it makes it easy for him to verify that your ok.

13-Apr-19
Good idea aspen. I agree with others that the bow would be strapped to my pack.

13-Apr-19
With a small game license I could hunt in just about any unit.. But I have no interest in small game. It's just 4.5 miles though a draw unit to where I want to hunt. Or 8 miles and more elevation if I want to get to my spot by staying in my otc unit from start to finish.

What would u do??

Ed

13-Apr-19
Buy or rent a mule. :^) 4.5 miles is long way to pack an animal out.

13-Apr-19
Or hire someone to pack you in.

14-Apr-19
I don't have no problem hiking in to that area on foot.. As for getting elk out it would be mostly down hill and I've done it many tiimes before.

14-Apr-19
Yes you can travel thru

• Sitka Gear