BC 16-Apr-19
razorsharp 16-Apr-19
EmbryOklahoma 16-Apr-19
TrapperKayak 16-Apr-19
Rock 17-Apr-19
South Farm 17-Apr-19
TrapperKayak 17-Apr-19
14-Apr-19
Got ripped off. Looking for off season sales on ladder sticks and stands. Anyone?

14-Apr-19
Man that really sucks! Damn thieves. Check out craigslist, ebay, facebook marketplace. Gander outdoors had a good price on lightweight sticks couple months ago - watch them also.

14-Apr-19
I feel you pain, as I had this happen to me numerous times when I used stands and such. Eventually I just accepted that it was a "cost of doing business" so to speak, as what you are doing is essentially leaving the equivalent of $100 bills stapled to a tree in the middle of nowhere. So it becomes not a matter of "IF", but "WHEN" it'll be stolen/vandalized.

14-Apr-19
Sorry to hear that, but have had it happen too.

14-Apr-19
I'm gonna shoot the next sob I catch stealing from me between the eyes!!

14-Apr-19
Sportsman Guide is a great place to by stands, sticks . Forrest

14-Apr-19
Razorsharp, I'm sure you are not the kind of person that would do it. But, this year my cousin had someone move in on his quarter section and set up stands , feeders and cameras. I went down and went to each location and left notes telling them that they had 2 weeks to remove such and they didn't have permission to be on the property. Then I contacted the Kansas Fish and Game officer and told him what was happening and ask if he would accompany me to collect all the equipment they had on the property that I could find. He said yes and accompanied me collecting all that did not belong there. He did, we loaded it in his truck and left his card and a note instructing the owners of said equipment that it could be picked up along with a ticket at his office . No one claimed the equipment and all perimeter is now painted purple.

14-Apr-19
Pop r is my kind of guy. I've lost 6 stands in one year before. On PRIVATE land. I have no use or remorse for a thief. NONE.

14-Apr-19
Okay did I miss something,, how about some details,,, anyway, I have not joined the AARP group yet, I am only 70,, but I have 15 foot River Edge ladder stands here in Wis at 50.00 a stand if you want them..... If I was an old man I would use them, but still runnin and gunnin I have 2 used and one new in the box r

15-Apr-19
Private land, leased. There were some guys who gave up their spots on the lease due differences with the lease manager. I have a sneaking suspicion that it may be one of those guys. No cut locks or chains on the only gate into the place. They had to have had wheeled access. Who ever did it had to have been on wheels or would have had to have made several trips over 1/4 mile to a main road. I have some welded metal stands that will be going up permanently. They even took the cut cable locks! No one on foot would bother carrying those out too.

15-Apr-19
that's lousy,,,,

15-Apr-19
DICKS. I feel you pain. My neighbor once hired some surveyors to come through. 2 days later my ladders and stands were taken. 1 day before opener.

15-Apr-19
Just once I wish someone would put a tracking chip like a Lo-Jack in their camera or equipment and then make the SOB suffer. Stands and sticks are not that expensive, so the people stealing your stuff are just useless scumbags.

Steal something from me to feed your kids....I can accept that. Hunting equipment....no.

15-Apr-19
Get this......one time I had a portable stand stolen out of tree, and the thief CARRIED A HOMEMADE WOODEN LADDER into the woods in order to get to and then LEFT IT THERE!

So not just a thief, but an idiot as well!

15-Apr-19
Sorry to hear that, it sucks. I think you guys who leave your stuff out should invest in a trail cam placed up high to catch the theirs. You may not get your stuff back but at least you can have the scumbag prosecuted. Just think of it, not only do they get charged with theft but if you put a no trespass sign on your tree where your stand is then you get on that too lol

15-Apr-19
Hunting is supposed to be relaxing and enjoyable, and being worried about my stuff getting stolen and then all PO'ed when it does, is one of the reason's why I got a ghillie suit so the only thing I leave in the woods now are tracks.

16-Apr-19
Pt another well hidden camera on your stand and stuff, one that is not going to be detected, to catch a thief.

16-Apr-19
There are trackers that you can put on a stand so that when it is moves it becomes active and notifies you on your phone. You and law enforcement can then track it. They are very small and can be easily hidden in the stand

I think brickhouse security sells them

Dang groundhunter I wish I would have known you had those stands for sale when we were up in Madison for the sports show. I would have taken them off your hands

RK

16-Apr-19
We hear about this so often. I’m wondering if anyone has actually caught one of these guys in the act. If so, how did you handle it.

16-Apr-19
Sent a pic of the feeder to the local sheriff in case they run onto it in the course of their duties.

16-Apr-19
BC... there was a thread about "stolen stuff" a few years back where a guy put a chip in a stand and him and the local sheriff supposedly went to the guys house with the tracking unit. The guy initially denied it but eventually fessed up when confronted about the stand having a chip in it.

16-Apr-19
"If so, how did you handle it. " Shallow grave... ;)

17-Apr-19
A friend had a stand taken several years ago and 2 years later it was back in the same tree opening weekend of gun season. So he took if down pulled their steps and drove over to their camp, gave them their steps back and told them not to mess with his stuff again.

17-Apr-19
Thieves in any capacity are the scourge of the earth! Burn 'em at the stake!

17-Apr-19
Except in Dallas...they go free there if its under $750 and they 'need it'.

• Sitka Gear