loesshillsarcher 16-Apr-19
Brotsky 16-Apr-19
IdyllwildArcher 16-Apr-19
Brotsky 16-Apr-19
ki-ke 16-Apr-19
StickFlicker 16-Apr-19
Ned mobile 16-Apr-19
14-Apr-19
Now that the hangovers have worn off (of most), let's hear your favorite highlight of the convention.

I've met all the famous bowhunters before so this time, for me, there were two highlights, both somewhat personal.

The first was being able to take K114 and Kelly's spirit to the Bowsite function and have so many eager to sign the journal and pay respects to him. He touched more people than he knew.

The second, and this is very personal, was having several well known and highly respected bowhunters come up and introduce themselves, shake my hand, and tell me that something I had written in the past, either in published articles or the BS, had "touched them" in some way, and thanking me for that. When writers put something out there in the ether, we don't know if it will land someplace with meaning, with a thud, or if it will swirl around for a moment and disappear like a dust devil. To know my words had a tiny memorable impact on some hunters and men I deeply respect meant more to me than if I'd won an award. Several of you are on Bowsite. To you, my deepest thanks. Your words impacted me more than you know, and will linger for the rest of my life.

14-Apr-19
Super Convention and many highlights, but my most personal one is that I got my wife to attend the Convention with me. She has been shooting archery for about 20 years, but has never had the desire to deer hunt. And second, I actually got her to hunt with me this coming January for Coues’ deer in Hermosillo, Mexico with Ward’s Outfitting. I think the kicker was that I told her it is much warmer down there than northern Illinois in January!

14-Apr-19
Getting to meet many of you for the first time--along with MR James was an honor.

I regret that I had to arrive later and leave earlier than I wanted.

Although I didn't get to meet you Lou--I echo what others have said. One of these days I'll have the privilege of shaking your hand. Great convention.

14-Apr-19
My highlight was being able to meet so many bowsiters and the opportunity to have a few drinks and bs with them!

14-Apr-19
Beav & Hawkeye X3 Was great to finally put a face with the names of a bunch of bowsiters. Getting to shake Donald Trump Jr’s hand was pretty cool as well.

14-Apr-19

Charlie Rehor's Link
So many great encounters with fine American Sportsman.

I met a Senior Member of P&Y Club from California who joined in 1964. That’s 55 years as a Member of this Bow Hunting Club. He’s 92 now. He is celebrating his 70th Class reunion this year at West Point. In 1965 as a pilot in the Air Force he left his family (wife and 4 young daughters) to go to Vietnam and train South Vietnamese airman to fly planes the US had supplied them. I was very moved by his love of flying, country, family and Bow Hunting.

The future of the Club goes to many of you younger Bowsite folks and I believe we are going to be aok. It’s not about our hunting opportunities because that was secured by those before us. It’s about the “next”!!!

14-Apr-19
I got flashed by some blond chick riding down the elevator... a first for a P&Y Convention? Ed F

14-Apr-19
livin right

14-Apr-19
I have four "maximum" memorable moments that I took from this convention:

1. The generosity of men can overwhelm when we hear just the opposite so much of the time from media. Amazing how "beer talk" one night can lead to a challenge/promise the next day, that can lead to the generosity of raising $13K in a matter of minutes- and all done in fun and for a great cause. Who says hunters aren't conservationist and don't give back to their sport. I dare say this is something which will never be said or seen at any type of an anti-hunting event.

2. I was shocked that there were 5 new world records and one new record beat the old world record by 10 INCHES and there was no Ishi Award. I don't get it.

3. I was successful in meeting many new Bowsiters as well as seeing known Bowsiters while mingling at the convention and at "The Gathering."

4. Friday night when entering the banquet hall, I was surprised and elated that there were ribbons on 2 of the 3 photographs I had entered in the photo contest. What a humbling and fulfilling feeling.

14-Apr-19
Highlight for me was when my wife’s quilt she made for the auction sold for $6000! Brought her to tears......once in a lifetime moment.

Runner up was seeing all my old friends.....and getting to chat with Lou a couple more times.......you’re a good man, my friend!

14-Apr-19
6000?!!!! That’s awesome. Let’s see a picture!

14-Apr-19
Room 531 was definitely a highlight too! Definitive example of "wallowing with the eagles". Thanks for your hospitality, Zackman!

14-Apr-19
If BOHNTR’s wife ever joins Bowsite, she already has her handle “Roy’s Wife” !

14-Apr-19

BOHNTR's embedded Photo
BOHNTR's embedded Photo

14-Apr-19

Nick Muche's embedded Photo
Nick Muche's embedded Photo
Real glad I came and real glad I was able to meet so many great folks. We had way to much fun! Can’t wait for the next one.

14-Apr-19

BOHNTR's embedded Photo
BOHNTR's embedded Photo

14-Apr-19
Great meeting so many bowsiters I hadn't met yet. Sad I didn't get to talk to so many others I saw there wandering around. Great to see my old friends, too, that I don't get to see enough of. DT Jr's speech was a great message....don't back down from the anti's, take a non-hunter hunting, start your kids early and be willing to sacrifice your own hunt to make theirs special.

Yeah, room 531 was a hoot. Frickin' Ike had me in tears. Pretty sure Reno will be epic in 2021....see you there!

15-Apr-19
My 3rd convention and I’ll never miss one. As always, it was the people. The largest consentration of passionate bowhunters you’ll find.

The highlight is always the current residence of Zack Walton who is an awesome proponent of the Club and bowhunting... and also the eye of the storm that is a good time. I labeled him “the mobile frat party” this conference. The guy facilitates a good time besides being an incredible hunter and advocate for conservation and the Club.

But it’s everyone. I met some great people this conference including Brotsky and Half Pint (a huge highlight) along with beav and his son, kike, Cnelk (these guys made me laugh till I pissed my pants) and so many others like Mark and Tavis and the usual suspects. We have a crew that make it every year that you just expect to see like Jim, Mark, Dennis, Charlie, Greg (two of the most genuine guys you’ll ever meet) Lou, Jesse, Ned, Will, Ed, Matty-P (just made that up it sounds good so I’m sticking with it) etc etc and we have such a great time. Finally met both Nicks too. Good times.

Bummer to not have Tim Metcalf (Tim, where were you?) and Hunter there.

There’s guys that many of you know who are regulars on Bowsite, but who don’t post much, like Scott (Demo-bowhunter) who are great guys and make it every year and you’d only be on a first name basis with them if you come to the conventions and hang out with them.

And great to see and talk with the guys who’ve killed so many amazing animals like Frank, Bob, Dan, Lou, Roy, etc.

I thought I’d see Kyle there but I never saw him. I guess I’ll see him in Reno.

I roomed with Will which was an awesome experience too and resulted it too much bourbon being consumed and great conversations.

P.S. t-Roy is a liberal!

P.S.S. Pat gained another 10 lbs (at least he’s not a liberal like t-Roy) and Jake is again the coolest conversation you’ll have, period. Also, Ned didn’t model any women’s lingerie as in conferences past, but word on the street is that he’s still rockin the braziers en casa (Spanish for there’s a bunch of bras nailed to his house).

15-Apr-19
Man, I just tried to take my vitamins with beer and almost threw up. I blame Zack Walton.

15-Apr-19
The highlight of the convention was the convention itself. My first and it was good to put faces to names.

Thanks to those who came up to me and asked “Are you cnelk?” It was a pleasure to meet and talk with you all.

Room 531 was the loudest place I’ve been. I’m sure my hearing has been compromised!

Also, I found out, According to a discussion with Ike, Im definitely not an Inuit descendant.... haha!

15-Apr-19
Convention was great. Don Jr.'s speech was incredible. The highlight for me though, had to be the Bowsite Meet & Greet. Met so many incredible Bowsite personalities for the first time. Not going to even attempt to name them all for fear I'll leave somebody out....there were THAT many. Pretty cool seeing Pat and Charlie called up on stage Friday night for some Bowsite recognition too!

15-Apr-19
Definitely it was meeting all bowsiters and putting some faces to the names, great people for sure.

15-Apr-19
Agree with most. Thoroughly enjoyed talking with many bowsiters. At one point while taking it all in and looking around the room, I elbowed the guy next to me and said... "This room is full of killers, stone cold killers." He agreed. Good to meet many great hunters and humans.

15-Apr-19
Rick, how are you able to wake up so early already?

15-Apr-19
Ike... believe me, it was tough this morning. I don't need alcohol again until April 2021.

15-Apr-19
Nick Muche, that's a lot of Pepsi.

Unfortunately, I have never been to a P&Y convention because the cost and time to go would come out of my next western hunting trip. But, I would go if the convention came to the east coast. Even more unfortunately, then a lot of the western guys that I'd like to meet may not attend. Maybe I live in the wrong part of the country...

15-Apr-19
Same here Curt. But, VA is about 4 miles from me and your feet hit it this morning when you rolled out of bed. Might join just to go.

15-Apr-19
elkstabber, Starting 2020, it's going to be an annual event and in your home state.

15-Apr-19
2020 Off year Convention will be in Virginia. We’ll see you there.

15-Apr-19
Midwest and Charlie: thanks for the good news. Like a fat kid and the ice cream truck I won't miss it.

15-Apr-19
FAKE NEWS, Ike!

I won’t post the pic of your new crossbow from Cabelas that you showed me (in confidence)

15-Apr-19
Best weekend I have spent in many years with fellow bowhunters. Nicely done everyone.

My best, Paul (Yea, I am a light weight drinker as I can only handle one beer and MAYBE, a follow up shot before bedtime at 10 PM. At least I was rocked asleep by all the late action, rocking and rolling down the hall way until 3 am so at least, thanks for that.)

15-Apr-19
Ah there's too much. Met a lot of people. Bowsite Meet and Greet was fantastic, room 531 was overwhelming :), it was all good.

I went to my first in 2013 in Dallas. Missed Phoenix, but did St. Louis and this one. I didn't know a single person at Dallas in 2013. Met a couple guys there, and it has snowballed. LOTS of good people.

It's a fun time, and humbling as well :) There were guys in room 531 and the Meet and Greet who kill more animals in a year than I've killed in my entire LIFE!! :)

And they are all good guys!

Bake

15-Apr-19
Great time! Best is always seeing old friends and making some new ones. Only complaint is not having enough time to catch up with everyone I wanted to. Always goes by in a flash.

15-Apr-19
Everyone remembers 531 but does anyone remember 643? haha

15-Apr-19
Unfortunately I barely remember 643:) lol! Great time as always! Can't pick one highlight and also feel it goes too fast and wish I had more time. That said my body would never survive more days...lol!

Matt

15-Apr-19
I’ll second that Matt. Another 2 days and I’d need to actually go to bed one night.

15-Apr-19
Cnelk-

“Also, I found out, According to a discussion with Ike, Im definitely not an Inuit descendant.... haha!”

I found out that I actually may be..... :^ /

15-Apr-19
That couch in 643 was damn comfy.

15-Apr-19
As usual, the convention went by way to fast. Some of the most memorable things for me was having flights cancelled, a spur of the moment decision to drive 19 hours in blizzard conditions most of the way with friends. Catching up with old friends met at previous conventions, making new friends with many others, meeting and listening to DJT Jr's great speech, and probably the best was meeting Brotsky, Half-pint and family. I hope they take me up on the offer to take Kia elk hunting.

The parties in Zack's rooms, both 643 and 531 were entertaining, liver punishing and greatly appreciated. There were many accomplished hunters there to visit with.

The Bowsite meet and greet was fantastic, so thank you Pat and Charlie. Charlie and I got to talk more about our elk hunt this fall.

There wasn't enough time to visit with everyone I wanted to. Next time. Ron

15-Apr-19
Too many highlights to list!

elkstabber, I'm the reason for all of the Diet Pepsi. I use it to water down my Bacardi, so I don't end up like Ike drinking it straight like his bourbon...

I showed up to my first convention four year ago in Phoenix and didn't know a sole, I left this weekend catching up with more friends than I can name. And for the record, I don't want to see anyone again until my liver heals back up and I get a couple more days of sleep!

I do have to say that we all owe the guy in room 530 a huge THANK YOU! I ran into him in the elevator while heading to room 531 for a pre-dinner conversation and he was surprisingly supportive of the after parties and some how said he was able to sleep through it.

Great times and if you've never been, you owe it to yourself to attend even if it's a short time.

15-Apr-19

bowonly's embedded Photo
bowonly's embedded Photo
My highlight was watching my longtime friend and bowhunting partner, Mark Petroni, accepting the first place award for bison and the first to ever be recorded in P&Y from Montana. It was bittersweet because now he returns for a second month of radiation treatments in Salt Lake. He was a first time attendee and commented on all the great, friendly bow hunters he met. Thanks Pope and Young bowhunters for showing my friend such great time during such a tough time in life.

15-Apr-19

Zackman's embedded Photo
Zackman's embedded Photo
Where to start...

It is always great to be surrounded by those who are so accomplished, yet so humble. So reserved, yet so outgoing. So motivated to the pursuit that ends in the loss of life for a specific animal, yet so dedicated to the preservation of wildlife as a whole. Here are some of my highlights:

The Bowsite meet and greet where Pat and Charlie provide an atmosphere for us to come together and interact, while supporting a great cause is always at the top of my list for P&Y. This year was no exception.

Shaking hands and having real conversations with legends that I have admired for decades and having them bum beer off me :)

Looking at amazing trophies from all over NA and realizing that P&Y still makes a difference. And the fact that there were 5 new world’s records shows that the “good old days” are not necessarily in the past.

The show of recognition for those that have dedicated untold amounts of time and effort to the success of P&Y over the years.

Seeing hundreds of people come by my room for a visit (and maybe a drink or two) over the four nights, showed me the power of a common passion. Regardless of where we live, our religious or political believes, our economic situation or how successful we are in the field, we all came together and had conversations about bowhunting.

I truly believe—even if everyone doesn’t feel this way—that there was interaction in rooms 643 and 531 that would have never happened otherwise. That it helped solidify people into a decision to attend the next convention. That many will help support the P&Y Club in more significant ways than if we didn’t have those get togethers. Thank you to all those that helped with the “after hours social outreach” program that we decided to undertake. You know who you are. And yes, thank you to all those staying in the hotel—especially my neighbors—that allowed us to partake and not called the police on us. And thank you to everyone for being so engaged, so polite and so supportive of our group and the P&Y Club.

When I hear people talk about hunters as those that don’t care about animals, I tell them to spend one day with those of us that attend P&Y conventions. When I hear that P&Y doesn’t do enough for conservation, I’ll remind them about the tens of thousands we raised in cash on a whim. And when asked what I am willing to do to support wildlife conservation, I just lift my cap and point to my bald head.

Thanks again everyone for reminding me the reasons we do what we do.

15-Apr-19
Iconic photo right there...

15-Apr-19
Well said buddy! Look forward to next time already!

15-Apr-19
"ki-ke" 's incident should be considered a highlight

15-Apr-19
Mr. Watkins shooting a desert sheep and quickly departing Mexico to travel to P and Y in order to donate 10k to the conservation effort at the Meet and Greet was extremely note worthy. Enduring flight delays due to snow etc after being in Mexico all the while just to visit all of us.... very cool. Atta boy!!

15-Apr-19
My 3rd and certainly not my last.

Thanks to Pat and Charlie for the meet and greet, as usual it was fantastic!

Getting to catch up with old friends and make new ones is always the highlight for me. I met a couple of guys from Utah where I live and we’ll most likely share a camp in the future. Too many names to mention of great guys I visited with, appreciate you all!

I’ll second Midwest, Ike is always good to keep you rolling, thanks buddy.

This was my favorite convention to date. I want to personally thank the leadership of PNY, Jim, Ed and team. You guys did a fantastic job on this one. The organization is certainly doing things very well and your efforts are certainly recognized.

Ed, getting flashed at the event was a first for me as well although you got the best look. I won’t forget your “holy $hit” expression.

Awesome all around! You all are the best!

15-Apr-19
Highlight of the show for me would have to be just being there for the first time! Will never miss another one. Pretty overwhelming to get to meet such great bow hunters from all over the country and get to experience Zacks room parties lol. Looking forward to many more conventions!!

15-Apr-19
The highlight for me is is always seeing old friends and making new ones.

One thing that made me feel good was seeing all the younger folks that got called up for awards. That was a great!

As per critters, that monster new P&Y WR South Dakota Bighorn that is the largest Bighorn ever taken by a hunter, gun or bow is something!

The new P&Y WR Alaskan Brown Bear had to seen to believed too, both the life size mount and the skull. Awesome animal!

15-Apr-19
My first one. I see why people travel to go. Won’t be my last. Met some great people of like mind who enjoy hunting and beers. I felt like an amateur bowhunter comparatively but never felt unwelcome. You people are all right.

15-Apr-19

EmbryOklahoma's embedded Photo
EmbryOklahoma's embedded Photo
Another highlight for me...

15-Apr-19
Mine was when Pat called me an A - hole

15-Apr-19
From: loesshillsarcher15-Apr-19Private Reply "ki-ke" 's incident should be considered a highlight

Ned I don’t know how I forgot that...ha

15-Apr-19
Didn’t speak with Dr. Frost but I had met him at the Iowa Bowhunter banquet in the past. He collects bottle caps and when I saw him I wished I had brought a bunch of Iowa brews.

And it was good to find out Embry is a Cubs fan.

15-Apr-19
I am actually depressed.

Sad that I didn’t get to spend more time with a number of people that I really wanted to spend more time with.

Highlights for me included getting to see and talk with many of the people that I consider to be my best friends that I don’t get to see as often as I would like.

I met a lot of people that I have been really wanting to meet face to face and got to spend at least a little bit of time with many of them.

I got the opportunity to congratulate a number of parents that brought their children to the event and see that the torch is still burning brightly with many of our young men and women.

I was actually sad to not be able to spend even more time with quite a few that I have spoken with, read about and admired for many years. I wish I could have had more time with so many!

Donald Trump Jr. far exceeded my expectations and I truly enjoyed getting to spend time discussing our shared passion for bowhunting with him late into Friday night.

Being in awe of the number and variety of huge trophy animals and five new world record animals. We are truly blessed with the most amazing animals and conservation practices in the world to have such amazing animals to pursue. So great to get to congratulate the hunters personally for their achievements.

Blown away by how many great people there are in our Pope and Young Club with such strong convictions to donate to ensure that all of this continues to be relevant.

Overall, absolutely the most amazing convention I have attended.

Thank you to all of the people that worked so hard to make this a success and to all of the members for their passion.

I can not wait till the next one!

15-Apr-19
Ned’s first autograph.

16-Apr-19
PS. My ears are still ringing from the short time I spent in the infamous party room!

16-Apr-19
X3 for Ki-Ke's brief experience.....

16-Apr-19
I also don't know where to start! Our family literally had one of the most memorable weekends! From the moment we arrived until the moment we left on Sunday it seemed like a whirlwind of meeting people I have only previously known online, in books/magazines, or have heard stories of! Everyone was incredibly kind and gracious to our family and we were so happy to meet all of you! I have to say I was a little sad on the way home to go along with the happiness. There were so many great Bowsiters I only got to shake hands with or say a few words with that I would have loved to have talked to more! There simply were not enough hours in each day! I really wanted to head up to 531 to find out what all the noise over our heads was about but unfortunately with the family along I had to rein things in a bit more than usual :-). P.S. Don't get the room under Zack at the convention! :-)

Highlights for us were getting to see some of our old Bowsite friends like Troy and Chris and of course meeting all the friends we had online we've never met that have followed along with half pint's adventures over the past 4-5 years. We were able to visit with Treeline, Ron Niziolek, Mark Watkins, Paul Navarre, Zack, Rick and Lana, Ike, Cnelk, Bake, Nick D and Nick M, JTreeman, Charlie, and I'm certain I'm forgetting others and you'll have to forgive me if I do! Half Pnt had people talking to her all weekend and she felt so welcomed and part of this bow hunting brotherhood we all share. I really wanted to have a chance to visit more with Bowsiters like Beav, Lou, Will, Eyad, Kota, Pat, and countless others that we either never got the chance to meet or barely met in passing.

This club has a mission I believe so strongly in and aligns so perfectly with the passion and values of our family, we look forward to doing our part in any way we can to support that mission.

It's going to be a much too long two years until we again get to see everyone and celebrate our bow hunting heritage!

16-Apr-19
Seeing the ISHI award given to the Biggest Bighorn Sheep ever killed by a Hunter would have been mine But Mine were seeing Frank Noska Allen Bolen And Ernesto Santana pick up several awards for different animals in the 31st Biennial

16-Apr-19
Erinie has been on a mission for sure. The past few years he been driving hard. He has also killed a few more really good animals that werent at the awards. You cant get any nicer of guy, I am lucky to count him as a friend.

16-Apr-19
Nice post Rich! Enjoyed meeting mark. Really glad for his success and now even more so. I hope he can beat this next challenge!

16-Apr-19

nogutsnostory's embedded Photo
nogutsnostory's embedded Photo
It’s amazing that a bunch of great people can come together shave a couple heads and raise $14,000 for a great cause!! Good times and memories!!

16-Apr-19
Shug or Ki ke should explain the incident as I have been getting requests to explain. lol

16-Apr-19
Debated attending for along time with my buddy Kurt. Thankfully he tipped the scales at the last minute. Better than I would have thought! Really glad to to be getting to know all the great young guys that were there. Matt you’re one of the young guys, Ron you’re with me even though thankfully we sometimes forget our age. A lot from here on the bowsite , and my hope and belief is that the future is in good hands. I have friends from before we got to know each other on the computer and there wasn’t enough time to hang out. It was great to see them! Then there’s the old guys, some still here, some gone, icons, the building blocks of our sport. I got to talk to Dick Mauch, spend some time with Gene Wensel, thank Billy Ellis for his poetry that helped motivate me many years ago. Shed some tears for men no longer here on earth. Some my friends. Some yours. I could make a list. Met Mike Hairston. He’s a great guy,passionate about a lot of the same things I am. Looked into Brenden Burns eyes and consoled him about the loss of our friend Ray Alt (icon) and his friend Jason and found he’d also lost another friend. Life’s still good, and I could see an older wiser man where before I’d seen talent and drive. Still a young man but he got a dose of life lessons. PnY convention is a great place to learn hunting,spots ,techniques, debate ethic,laws , scoring, all important stuff. But for me way overshadowed by the friends and relationships that I got to renew this weekend!

16-Apr-19
Ok since it’s been mentioned a couple of times I feel somewhat obligated to tell what happened. It probably should have its own thread...LoL

Here ya go...Steve ( KiKe) was staying my room. After more than a few cocktails (Steve not me) We both went to sleep around 1am.

Around 2-230 the phone rings in the room...It’s the front desk “excuse me we have a Steven down here he says he in your room and he locked himself out”

I go open the door when he shows back up and he’s in his tightly whiteys ... and that’s all. I don’t know weather to describe his skin as milky white or pasty white ... there is a difference ya know. Turns out the bathroom door was placed too close to the front door and in his state Steve couldn’t figure which was which and locked himself out of the room. I’d love to be able to get the security footage of the entire episode...

16-Apr-19
That's priceless!

16-Apr-19

Jason Stafford's embedded Photo
Jason Stafford's embedded Photo
My highlight of the Convention was spending quality time with my wife..........oh wait she is not on Bowsite never-mind. Obviously, the newly formed After Hour Social Outreach Program was a highlight and very popular with convention goers. Embry said it best when he said room 531 was full of killers. They managed to kill approximately 1000 cans of beer and 8 handles of booze. Nice work men!!

Thank you Pat and Charlie for putting together another great meet and greet. I left it with a new free haircut and likely will not need another haircut for several months. Thanks Zack Walton for putting together the fundraising portion and all those who donated. Mark Watkins thank you for making it extra special with your gracious donation.

It was a very successful convention with a lot of fun had and none us of going to the hospital.

Until 2021 I hope all of your arrows fly true!!

16-Apr-19

Shug's embedded Photo
Shug's embedded Photo
Why did Pat call me an A hole? I mistakenly asked for his autograph thinking he was Brian Stelter from CNN

16-Apr-19
Fake news! There was no “incident”.......

16-Apr-19
AND! For the record, I don’t wear tighty Whiteys. I wear the ultimate in men’s undergarments from SAXX. It’s like wearing underwear with angel hands Gently cupping your boys at all times. I tried to turn Jake, Tom and Pat onto them at Cabelas, But even on clearance, there was no prying the price of ultimate comfort out of their dusty wallets.....

I say it again. There was no incident.

16-Apr-19
Holy chit, Shug! Bwahahahahahahaha!

16-Apr-19
By far the ki-ke incident!!

16-Apr-19
This thread just keeps getting better!

16-Apr-19
"I say it again. There was no incident"

I agree with ki-ke, that's just a typical night in NJ....lol

16-Apr-19
The look on Pat's face when he realized that it was obviously not Ben Shapiro that he resembled in that photo, was priceless...

16-Apr-19
Good times...I'm with Dan though...How does that Bighorn not get the Ishi?

The Ki-Ke incident (from all credible accounts, there WAS an incident) definitely gave me the biggest laugh...

16-Apr-19
Wow Pat does resemble that character on CNN. Brian has a little more hair perhaps, IDK. They should have given an ISHI to all of those world records. The white tail next period is crazy big also. ISHI award not given to world records, wowza????

16-Apr-19
I need to change my highlight to learning I'm not the only one that wears tighty-whiteys!

16-Apr-19
Justin, did you run into Steve in your underwear too? Man, they're not gonna let us come back to Omaha...

16-Apr-19
Ike, I'm still trying to figure out how Steve got into my underwear????

16-Apr-19

ki-ke's embedded Photo
ki-ke's embedded Photo
I'll echo what so many have already said. The generosity and humility of 1000 bowhunters from all over the country, from dweebs like me that have managed to have a few animals fall on their arrows to guys like Mark (who showed up the day after returning from his successful DBH hunt in Mexico), Ned, Tom and SO many others who have killed all of 'em or almost all, was inspiring and renewed my hope for the future of our passion. I pity the fool that tried to come to that place and protest, although I truly believe they would have received a warm welcome and an invite to Zachs "thousand beer social club".

Everyone knows the guy in the middle, noone knows the guy on the left and the guy on the right has tracked (without dogs) down and killed 2 mountain lions with recurve. He has been within 20 yards of 100 or so, all tracked on foot, just because he liked to do it....I got to hang out with all of 'em. Met Ike Henry (Idyllwild), who has FANTASTIC stories, both hunting and Dr. type. He also told me I may be an Inuit man.... : ^ | Paul N. may be one of the nicest humans on the planet, Nick M. is living the dream, Ned, Matt P., Lou......and 100 others were all a great pleasure to meet!

Being part of a small group of guys that put together a fat envelope for Wildlife Conservation was kinda cool. The easy and spontaneous generosity of a select few was inspiring.

I repeat, I don't remember an "incident".....

16-Apr-19
"They should have given an ISHI to all of those world records...ISHI award not given to world records, wowza????"

The vast majority of world records do not receive the Ishi, and there cannot be more than one awarded at any convention. Most conventions do not award one despite an average of about four new WRs per convention.

There are a couple of deer, and probably some other current world records, that have stood for 30 years or longer, that did not receive the Ishi when they were eligible. I always felt that in the years that Board determines that none of the new WRs are worthy of the Ishi, they should look back to some of those very old longstanding records and consider giving them the Ishi now.

16-Apr-19
Yeah good points. Someone explained the qualifications for it. Quite an award to be given no doubt if received.

• Sitka Gear