Rancher 25-Apr-19
Brotsky 25-Apr-19
lewis 25-Apr-19
badguybuster 25-Apr-19
Rut Nut 26-Apr-19
spikehorn 26-Apr-19
WV Mountaineer 26-Apr-19
15-Apr-19
Attended Pope & Young gathering and met a very interesting gentleman. He once owned an archery shop. He said he is the first person diagnosed with carbon lung disease from breathing the residue from cutting carbon arrows and he will die from it.

16-Apr-19
What! Wow...

16-Apr-19
And to think a simple shop vac could have prevented this.

16-Apr-19
That's awful. Prayers to him and his family.

16-Apr-19
The damage was done to him in the early 80’s when Carbon arrows first came out. Some days he cut 600 arrows. Nobody knew then but know you know.

When cutting arrows wear a mask and remember the carbon dust lingers for quite a while.

16-Apr-19
Same goes with cutting and sanding antler for all you out there who do that (making antler accessories and bow tips, etc.). Wear a mask. Use a vacuum. And esp. if you cut abalone, its toxic. Prayers for the gentlemen you speak of.

16-Apr-19
Yes, prayers to him.

Really Scrappy, way to show empathy!

16-Apr-19
iv used a Philips head or torx screwdriver that fits snugly inside the shaft & a tubing cutter for 20 years with no problems

16-Apr-19
He’s a very good friend of mine.....and essentially an archery historian and the P&Y Club. He’s also probably the best authority on how to measure difficult non-typical whitetail deer.....I’ve been on Panel with him the last 6 panels and he’s amazing. Probably why he’s chairing the upcoming B&C Panel.....sure hope a receives his lung transplant soon.

25-Apr-19
Sorry to hear about your friend,we do things every day that could impact us down the road.

25-Apr-19
Sorry to hear about your friend,we do things every day that could impact us down the road.

25-Apr-19
Very sad to hear this, especially a situation where no one knew the risk at the time. Prayers for him and his family and that he may make a full recovery. God bless.

25-Apr-19
Terrible situation thoughts and prayers for him and his family who knew Lewis

25-Apr-19
I wear a mask cutting mine.....

25-Apr-19
Its a big issue when flint knapping as well. You can get silica build up in your lungs if you are in an enclosed area

26-Apr-19
WOW! Never would have guessed...............................

26-Apr-19
Very sad ... I don't think he's the first, heard of another 10-15 years ago ...

26-Apr-19
a lot of things out there to get you. But, unless the 2nd coming happens first, something is going to get you. You can take that to the bank. All the sideline comments and bravado know it all won’t change that.

When this life is all you got, it becomes apparent.

• Sitka Gear