Scar Finga 10-Jul-20
Bake 10-Jul-20
Wild Bill 10-Jul-20
Bake 10-Jul-20
Ambush 10-Jul-20
Newhunter1 11-Jul-20
Wild Bill 12-Jul-20
16-Apr-19
Okay, this is embarrassing. . . . . Not a thread I would have envisioned starting . . .

I need a man purse. Or a fanny pack, or something. I'd prefer a man purse, honestly.

All purpose use, hunting and travel. I'd prefer to get something that will work for all my purposes.

Reasons I need:

My wife and I are going on a big Euro trip this fall. We are not checking bags. Backpacks only. My wife is the designated Ipad carrier, I'm the designated DSLR carrier. I would like something sorta semi-padded (or not) that I can carry the DSLR in, but also some everyday stuff for the plane and day trips, like medications, Skoal, a drink, etc. So it needs to work for this (I have a padded black camera case that I was going to use, and still might. It's a shoulder strap and looks MANLY. But it's just a shade small. I can put the camera and Skoal and meds in it, but not a drink)

Hunting purposes--I sweat a LOT. So I'd prefer not to have to always use a backpack for scouting/turkey hunting, etc. I hate turkey vests, because they're hot. but I'd like something that I can put a bottle of water in, along with a call or two, flashlight, batteries, etc.

If possible, I'd like this thing to pull this double duty. I would prefer a tan/brown/green earth tone color. As my wife and I do travel a bit, and it would be handy

Preferably I don't want it to look like a damn man purse.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

16-Apr-19
I should mention. . . I've been looking at the Mystery Ranch Hip Monkey. Wish it would work on the shoulder though. Worried about it being around my waist and sweating like a . . . .monkey

16-Apr-19

Bake's Link

16-Apr-19
Suggestion? Don't get anything that could possibly be considered a man purse.

16-Apr-19
Make a nice one out of suede or leather, with fringe, antler adornments, and claws or teeth. No woman in her right mind would wear something like that.

16-Apr-19
Skoal on a plane?/ Yeah, right... :0

16-Apr-19
^^^John's got it right!

I am sure Kifaru has something that would work well. I know the Guide Lid would be big enough and it has some straps you can use a few ways.

16-Apr-19
Agree man purse just doesn’t sound right maybe Satchel would be better!!!

16-Apr-19
Kifaru Sherman pocket attached to your back pack...

16-Apr-19
A possibles bag or a military bag, like a gas mask bag. I got one from a Surplus store, new, from Finland, for $10 I take it roving and hunting all the time. What kind of pack are you taking?

16-Apr-19
You're using Skoal and you're worried about how a man purse will look?! lol

16-Apr-19
If you're going to Europe, just carry a nice Versace purse and everyone will think you're local.

16-Apr-19
I knew this might be a fun thread.

Shangri La makes a tactical man purse that looks cool :)

16-Apr-19
Thought this would be a manscaping thread in disguise

16-Apr-19

Rut Nut's Link
What about a sling-pack?

16-Apr-19
First off I’ll start by saying you are gay, and I am not, so I really can’t help you with the man purse thing...

Secondly I’m not a camera guy, but know that there are some very robust options in that arena, maybe check out a photography forum.

My personal all time favorite do all daypack/travel pack is Mystery Ranch Dragon Slayer. I have been looking at some other options they have available right now. Kifaru has some good options for daypacks right now as well, but I have been leaning toward the organization of MR (but you trade for weight). I bought a Kuiu frameless daypack last fall (can’t recall the name) which is think is pretty nice as well. If you aren’t looking for a camera specific pack you have lots of choices.

I personally just bought a Kuiu hydration pack for ultralight travel/day use, but I don’t think that is what you are looking for.

—Jim

16-Apr-19
Have you looked at Gucci’s web site ?

16-Apr-19
I have a couple of gay friends I'll ask them. :)

Like PECO stated men call them, possibles bag.

16-Apr-19
I shoulda just asked Jim. The closet he came out of is stocked to the gills with Kuiu and packs of all kinds :)

16-Apr-19
I know we call them a possibles bag, but I'm calling a spade a spade :)

I actually am finding some relevant camera bag type options that will work I believe. Voodoo has one with a hard point to hide a holster behind the bag. Now THAT is MANLY! :)

16-Apr-19
It’s called a Murse.

16-Apr-19
Don’t worry about ‘ man purse ‘ label , once your arrive at the airport you will fit right in as an international man. And certainly when you arrive in Europa you will quickly blend right tight in. Think nothing of the raised eye side glances and da butt taps ....keep smiling remember you international man now!

16-Apr-19
Be sure to pick one that matches your shoes and skinny jeans.

16-Apr-19
Go to Schnees...they have manly ones if you can afford them.

16-Apr-19

Glunt@work's embedded Photo
Glunt@work's embedded Photo

16-Apr-19

PAbowhunter1064's embedded Photo
PAbowhunter1064's embedded Photo
I’d get the Wolf Pack edition! ;)

16-Apr-19

Linecutter's Link
These are nice and you can get a bunch of stuff in them. DANNY

16-Apr-19
Don't for get to get one with room for your Speedo. ;)

16-Apr-19
I like the one Linecutter put up. Very "manly"...Get the "Come and Take It" Patch and know one will mess with you! :)

16-Apr-19
Just tell everyone that it is European and you will be fine. A purse to put Skoal in... that's a relatively new one. Oh, were we supposed to be giving actual advice? Everyone knows you have to have a separate fancy purse for travel and a crappy one for huntin.

16-Apr-19
The reebow sling pack might work for you. I have the regular reebow tactical backpack and its very well built.You'll fit right in in Europe. In France in 2008 it seemed like most men over there had a man purse.

16-Apr-19
This answers the question why no one would bunk with you at the convention.

16-Apr-19
Blane, you are a brave man - much respect, sir.

I also don't like to be hot so I have a Badlands waist pack (yes, call it a waist pack. TBM, for all his contributions, gave us this term and I took it and ran with it). Don't get the one with the suspenders - it's completely unnecessary unless you're carrying a ton of weight.

I've hunted with mine a ton. In CA, if I'm hunting close to the truck, I only take the waist pack as I can get all the stuff in it that I need (it's surprising what you can get in them) and it doesn't make my back hot/sweaty - they are great for when the hike out is in 80+ degree weather.

16-Apr-19
Get the Stone Glacier Avail 2200 and add a Cotton Carrier Strap Shot. Problem solved

16-Apr-19
I'll admit to a small amount of baiting in the thread title wording :)

16-Apr-19
Depends which shade of purple you prefer

16-Apr-19
I'm so glad you put this on here so I didn't have to. I'm constantly losing/misplacing things I need with me most of the time like keys, wallet, IDs, phone, pens, knife, etc. I'm at the point of my life where I really don't give a crap how I look. I need something like this too, just haven't figured out how to implement it yet.

Best I can come up with is either go old school and rock a Jansport Waisted (they have a camo one that looks almost like Outfitter) fanny pack or go all out and get a bag from a company called Nut Sac. They have "man bags" that don't look very feminine at all. One called the Mag Satch looks like it will work for me, but just can't get over the thought of carrying a purse!

16-Apr-19
It's called a "possibles pouch". Jim Bridger, Kit Carson and John Colter each carried one so I think your good!

16-Apr-19

jdee's embedded Photo
jdee's embedded Photo
Here’s one and it looks like you could fit two tins of chew in there.

16-Apr-19
It’s not a purse! It’s a carry all! Indiana Jones had one and he was a bad ass ;)

16-Apr-19
Big selection at this website........www.fagpouch.com

16-Apr-19
I have a Tenzing sling or shoulder pack, sometimes called courier packs. Lots of pockets and divisions in it and easy to organize. Ive tried to warm up to it but just can’t. Seems like it never sits quite right and I’m forever pulling back in place.

I also have a Badlands fanny pack which is still like new, because it’s a pain in (on) the ass to wear.

For none hunting travel, I use a small Tatonka pack that has mesh web with a few inches of circulation space.

If there’s hunting or hiking at the other end of the flight, I use a MR Dragonslayer. Light and comfortable. One nice feature is the hip belt pads detach for easy storage in the overhead bins and it meets carry on size restrictions.

Or you could just mug a mailman and take his double bag set.

16-Apr-19
fagpouch.com!!! Literally spit my drink out at subway and got some sideways looks as I laughed hysterically! Too funny

Lee

16-Apr-19
What’s wrong with a backpack?

16-Apr-19
Whoa, wait a minute, are we comparing Bake to Indiania Jones now!!!!!! This train has obviously gone off the tracks.

—Jim

16-Apr-19
Possibles pouch

Carry all

Shoulder sling

Tenzing sling

courier pack

That's a lot of ways to man purse. Sorry Bake I'm no help.

16-Apr-19

elkstabber's Link
Instructions can be found here

16-Apr-19
I've been keeping my eyes open for a good 'clean' sling pack. Problem is the designers see that strap and want to put pockets on it. Or put pockets and loops and crap hanging off the pack itself. I want this to slip through brush and they want me to get hung up! Or grab my bowstring. Whatever happened to KISS design?

16-Apr-19
A compromise bag will likely fall short of being a good choice for the trip and for reuse as anything but a vacation tourist bag.

Shake loose $40 and move on to the next to do.

https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-DSLR-Laptop-Backpack-interior/dp/B00CF5OGP8/ref=sxin_1?keywords=amazonbasics+dslr&pd_rd_i=B00CF5OGP8&pd_rd_r=23efaf54-f9e9-44be-af00-a885b7dabcb3&pd_rd_w=PrCLk&pd_rd_wg=p5GNS&pf_rd_p=0395a9fd-d124-46c0-a48f-d8582ed1a45c&pf_rd_r=9GD24WYMTC11FKNEHJ98&qid=1555442830&s=gateway

16-Apr-19

Rut Nut's Link
I can’t believe nobody posted this clip yet! ;-)

16-Apr-19
Kifaru E&E......and you won't have to turn in your man card after carrying it.

16-Apr-19
The man makes the purse; the purse does not make the man.

16-Apr-19
LOL Perry, literally the first thing I thought of!

16-Apr-19
elkstabber that link is "clutch"

16-Apr-19
Personally I like a backpack. I use a mystery ranch 3 day assault pack every day.......I travel a lot for business. It holds everything I need.

16-Apr-19
This has been fun

I've been thinking about it. I don't think one thing will do. I think I'd prefer a "waist pack" for hunting. Just something little that will fit a water bottle, and a couple calls. I'm never more than 1 mile from the truck at home. And out west, I'll have a daypack.

For the vacation, I think a camera bag will be better. Keep the camera padded and have a couple items for the carry-on

I don't want a backpack for the hunting part, because I already have several backpacks. I want something little, and easily accessible without swinging a pack off my shoulders. I don't need much. I carry a slate call, a small flashlight usually. And it would be nice to take a drink

I don't want a backpack for the vacation, because I already will be wearing one. I don't want two separate packs.

All that said, don't let me interrupt the fun going on . . . .

16-Apr-19
I have a satchel made by Bison Gear I forget the actual name of it. This is a photo I found online. When I get home I’ll take some photos of the inside... It’s s very well made and holds more than you would think.

Only problem is he is closing the shop down so he can’t make custom ones. Only the ones he has left are available.

16-Apr-19

Shug's embedded Photo
Shug's embedded Photo
Forgot the photo

16-Apr-19
“Just room for a drink, camera, Skoal and an extra panty”.

16-Apr-19

Jaquomo's embedded Photo
Jaquomo's embedded Photo
Here ya go. You can thank me later..

16-Apr-19

Buffalo1's embedded Photo
This is my Over-the-shoulder bag. Has 2 compartments and large enough for a daily travel bag to tote stuff + rain suits, travel umbrella if needed. It is cloth so I can was it to keep it clean and scent free, if I want to use it fro hunting. Got it thru DSC.

16-Apr-19

Sideways view

16-Apr-19

Shug's embedded Photo
Shug's embedded Photo
Shug's embedded Photo
Shug's embedded Photo

16-Apr-19

PECO's embedded Photo
PECO's embedded Photo
Here is another option for your consideration.

16-Apr-19

PECO's embedded Photo
PECO's embedded Photo
Here is another option for your consideration.

16-Apr-19

Zim's embedded Photo
Zim's embedded Photo
Kifaru has a couple different options that should suffice. Give them a call and they can dial you in. They’ve done some videos recently on offering smaller pack options.

16-Apr-19
You’ll be fine with a backpack-just avoid camo. I’ve seen more backpacks than man purses in my travels throughout Europe. FYI I bought the mystery ranch that converts from a briefcase to a backpack thinking I could use it like you described, but it’s really too small. More like a laptop bag...

16-Apr-19
Next thread......how to keep man bun secure in windy weather

16-Apr-19
Someone has watched 1 too many Seinfeld reruns.......

16-Apr-19
Man purse? Seriously? It's called a haversack or possibles bag!

16-Apr-19

IdyllwildArcher's Link
This is the one I use. You wouldn’t believe how much you can get in it. I’ve hunted elk, MD, WT, and Coues with it. Fortunately I don’t have to pack meat that often so I rarely have to go back for the big pack.

16-Apr-19

IdyllwildArcher's embedded Photo
And when Dad is using a daypack...
And when Dad is using a daypack...

16-Apr-19
ELK ELSEWHERE.......my flat brim hat works just fine maintaining my man bun, as long as I tuck my ears inside.

16-Apr-19

And you have to carry camp and hunting gear for two guys, it gives some supplemental space and can be used with a pack.
And you have to carry camp and hunting gear for two guys, it gives some supplemental space and can be used with a pack.

17-Apr-19

Zim's Link
Re-reading this thread made me rewatch the video on the Kifaru door gunner...dammit, now I want one for myself

17-Apr-19
What`s next.....which "manssiere" to go with the murse.

17-Apr-19
I'll second Idyll's fanny pack idea. I sweat a lot. The fanny pack minimizes sweat, unlike a backpack. Also the small Badlands fanny packs have the most ventilated waistbelts that I've seen. The Badlands fanny packs are a great option if you sweat a lot.

17-Apr-19
I find it hard to believe Brotsky and I are the only Seinfeld fans here! ;-)

17-Apr-19
To me, the term 'possibles bag' sounds just as bad as 'man purse'. LOL!

17-Apr-19

deerhunter72's embedded Photo
This is called a messenger bag. Of course my wife and kids call it my “murse” or “man bag”. I’ve carried it for years, mostly to work but also always on vacation because I can get a lot in it and carry it on. I’ve never carried our dslr in it; I’m sure I could, but I think it be better protected in its regular carry case. I’m sure I get some looks carrying the bag, but I couldn’t care less what others think. Now if it had sequins or beads on it, that would indicate another issue;)

17-Apr-19
Handgun range bags are useful. I use one for overnight stays and can fit a great deal in it.

18-Apr-19

3R Shooter's embedded Photo
3R Shooter's embedded Photo

3R Shooter's Link
We have a nice haversack that I believe is a good option for you. I've use it hunting when it's a full/half day sit. Plenty of space and I believe it looks good. We have a small leather possible bag on the site too.

18-Apr-19
TrapperKayak,

Haven't been around sidelock Muzzleloader shooters much have you.

18-Apr-19

SteveB's Link
This is what you’re looking for Bake.....

18-Apr-19
Linecutter, Nope, none in fact. Nothing against them or the bags, its just that the name strikes me funny that's all. 'Possibles bag' = not sure what the heck I want to put in there actually... :) I've only ML hunted one season, (in-line, borrowed), and when the chance came to take it out a few of those times, I took my bow instead. I would like to get into primitive black powder guns but my time and funds are limited to what I now take part in.

18-Apr-19
Make your own satchel. Some material and few beers ... could get interesting. ;-)

18-Apr-19
Trapperkayak,

Possibles bag goes back to the frontier era. They carried extra flints, priming powder or caps in them, extra round balls, patching material, cleaning jags, ball pullers, lube, maybe be a cows knee to cover the lock in bad weather or something similar, maybe a short starter for a rifle, powder measure, steel for fire making, maybe some tobacco (chewing or smoking), a pipe, jerky. Things they possibly could need or want EASY access to, when out in the wilderness traveling, trapping, or hunting. Possibles Bag. DANNY

19-Apr-19

deerslayer's embedded Photo
deerslayer's embedded Photo
Man purse, possibles bag, who cares when its’ purpose is to carry this. It’s what’s inside that counts!

19-Apr-19

TD's Link
I traveled back home from an elk hunt in the 70's on a Greyhound bus with saddle bags, a bedroll (sleeping bag) with some clothes rolled up in it, Stetson hat and a pre 64 model 70 in a leather scabbard.... was the hit of the bus stations.....the first bus was actually the mail carrier.... was an adventure for sure....I think I had been married all of about 2 months...... another adventure....

Saddle bags. I travel with a tactical briefcase/range bag that works pretty well. Make sure it fits under the seat in front of you.... But always swore I'd go the saddlebag route again someday.... and what better way to shout 'MERICAN!

Wait..... hold on... your going in the FALL? You OK? Need an intervention?

19-Apr-19
"Executive Saddlebags"???!!! Isn't that one of them there oxymorons??? ;-)

19-Apr-19
deerslayer, That was one of the nice things about the bag I suggested, it has a spot for one of those also. DANNY

08-Oct-19

Grey Ghost's Link
Bake,

I've been using the Earth Pak 10 Liter Dry Bag for just what you are talking about (see link). I like it because it's water proof and you can roll it down to whatever size that fits the contents.

Edit: Sorry, wrong link. Here's the correct one:

https://whopperduffel.com/earth-pak-waterproof-dry-bag-review/

Matt

08-Oct-19
Linecutter, sorry I never answered you. I forgot about this thread. That is a good explanation. I appreciate that. And, that sounds like good stuff to carry. Trapper

08-Oct-19

Bake's embedded Photo
Bake's embedded Photo
Funny this thread was spammed back up. True to Bowsite tradition, I asked for opinions, then I followed absolutely none of them :)

I ended up buying 3 bags. 2 of which are for my upcoming European vacation.

I bought a Mystery Ranch Hip Monkey, which is just a little fanny pack. I used it spring turkey hunting quite a bit, and really liked it. I'll use it some for whitetail hunts too. It won't go on vacation with me.

I bought a Mystery Ranch Sawtooth 45 that is going to be my backpack for the 2 week trip. Everything I need in there.

Then I bought a Maxpedition Jumbo Versapack for a "man purse". It will fit my DSLR, some skoal, a couple drinks, Ipad, etc. Pretty handy really

08-Oct-19
Ike,

I used a version of that pack for years. I finally got tired of it falling around my ankles when I had it loaded. I don't have enough butt to keep it in place. I actually wore mine on the front more often than not as it stayed in place better. If I could use one and not wrestle it to keep it at my waist, it would be all I day hunted with for sure. So much nicer than having a hot backpack on.

08-Oct-19
Well since you've now lost your balls....you could use that sack....... ;)

09-Oct-19
LOL!!!

09-Jul-20
Per T-roys request.

09-Jul-20
I have several satchels or possibilities bags. They are camo and hang along my side while hoofing it in with a stand and pack, waders, climbing sticks, etc. It holds wallet, camera, knife, rangefinder, small binos whatever I need to reach in a hurry.

09-Jul-20
As long as it matched your shoes....

10-Jul-20
You know, still not ashamed of starting this thread. Especially considering some of the other posts constantly at the top of the forum right now. . . .

Make Bowsite Great Again!

10-Jul-20
Randy "Owl" is correct, make your own purse.

10-Jul-20
Manbun? Manpurse? Manscape? What's next? Mangina?

10-Jul-20
Still losing and forgetting all my crap. Never implemented the manpurse. Cargo pockets help but I still think some kind of pouch/bag to carry my stuff would be a game changer.

10-Jul-20
Manties....

10-Jul-20
Blake, Good for you!

I was going to suggest the Maxpedition, as I've been using mine for years. Recently bought one slightly smaller and not padded, which I've stuffed and travels a little easier. It looks like the one in your photo, without the pocket on top of the flap, and the female half of the buckle is attached to the fabric flap.

10-Jul-20
Bake,

First, Real men chew Copenhagen, not Skoal!

Second, Real men swallow, boys spit!

Third, 1 and 2 were meant as a Joke!

Forth, Why not a non descript back pack with padded storage for your camera?

I hope you have a great time on your trip! Be safe and God Bless!

10-Jul-20

Bake's embedded Photo
Bake's embedded Photo
FYI. We had a great trip

10-Jul-20
The Cliffs of Moher, nice. Didn't see those upright barrier slabs when we were there.

10-Jul-20
That looks refreshing right now with everyday in the 90s!

10-Jul-20
I asked about the barriers because they weren’t there in 2004 when I was there. Tour guide thought they went in in 2005 or 2006

10-Jul-20
Nice hat Bake!

Never took you for a short brimmer.

11-Jul-20

Newhunter1's Link
Kifaru Urban Zippy.

I personally like the escape and evade, but it does not have side pockets. It does however have a ton of molle for pocket additions.

12-Jul-20
Newhunter1, Nice looking pack, but really, at that price?

• Sitka Gear