Lost Man 17-Apr-19
Jeff Holchin 17-Apr-19
Lee 18-Apr-19
Drahthaar 18-Apr-19
Ollie 18-Apr-19
Two Feathers 18-Apr-19
Lost Man 18-Apr-19
17-Apr-19
I’m looking to try my hand again at hogs in southern Georgia but need to wait until late May. The general response has been it’s a bad idea but I gotta think someone out there hunts this time of year. Any tips on what to expect or how to prepare?

17-Apr-19
Take not just one but TWO thermocell .....

17-Apr-19
Late May is a great time to hunt pigs. They will scattered so cover ground to find them. Spray you clothes up with permethrin to keep the ticks and chiggers at bay. Two thermacells and plenty of butane is a great tip. You’ll probably need some bug spray too. I’ve had the best luck the last hour of daylight. It’ll be HOT! I hope you have an air conditioned place to sleep. Good luck.

17-Apr-19
Good tips guys thanks - Rocky probably Ft Stewart I was there earlier this year, didn’t get anything but I have a better idea of the area now

17-Apr-19
Bill, don't know how flexibility your schedule is (r u retired?), but the TBG is hosting a hog/turkey hunt next weekend at a good WMA along the Savannah River. One of the very best hog killers I know used to love bowhunting Ft Stewart during the hot summer months...I joined him once then; the snakes and gators didn't bother me but I just couldn't handle the heat and the skeeters.

18-Apr-19
Lost man - pm me and I’ll share some info - used to be a biologist at Stewart for a lot of years and arrowed a lot of pigs. The summer was my favorite time as no one else messed with them.

Lee

18-Apr-19
Don't know if it is legal to bait hogs in Georgia , but 1 thing a how understands is CORN. Forrest

18-Apr-19
It's only a bad idea if you don't want to contend with skeeters, ticks, snakes, and hot weather. Pigs will be there.

18-Apr-19
I hunted SW Georgia late March for 4 days. The locals recommended bait with corn so I put out 2 cameras and 2 bags of corn. 4 days later the pigs still had not found the corn. Next time, if I bait, I will use something more odiferous. Not sure if you can bait hogs on Ft. Stewart.

18-Apr-19
Hi Rocky, certainly appreciate the offer you guys have been great but unfortunately I’m not military.

• Sitka Gear