JohnMC 19-Apr-19
MichaelArnette 19-Apr-19
Shawn 19-Apr-19
lv2bohunt 19-Apr-19
Lost Arra 20-Apr-19
Scott Alaniz 21-Apr-19
19-Apr-19
House bill HB 566 is sitting on the governors desk

4055212342 Governor Stitts office. Take the time to leave a message against Senate Bill 566 commercial guiding on Oklahoma public lands

Oklahoma represents 3% public land and this includes non-huntable refuges. The wildlife department published last year over 20% of Oklahoma hunters utilize public land

19-Apr-19

Lost Arra's Link
The bills introduced in our legislature this year are absurd. There are some senators and representatives who are catering to non-residents over the residents of Oklahoma. Fortunately, some of the real doozies never got out of committee. I'm surprised this one passed.

19-Apr-19

Lost Arra's Link
Duplicate post

19-Apr-19
I hope the sportsmen and women of Oklahoma know that Odwc is fighting hard for their rights as residents. Non residents are very welcome here but we will not tolerate politicians/private rights activists to put non resident rights and profits above the public land users of Oklahoma. Our public land aren’t there for guides to exploit and profit from. Rez or non Rez.

19-Apr-19
So many crazy bills out there right now Murdock and his cronies are trying everything they can to hamstring the ODWC. Allowing guiding on public land, stopping the department from purchasing anymore land, trying to ignore the departments recommendations for seasons, allowing non resident landowners hunt for pennies, the list goes on and on.

19-Apr-19
What am I missing? Who would pay a guide to hunt public land in OK?

19-Apr-19
JohnMC

The point is that it wouldn’t take many to make a difference with such the small amount of public we have

Consider quail hunting and turkey hunting though as Well as duck hunting also it’s not just bow hunting at stake

19-Apr-19
Don't think it does not happen other places. I know there are outfitters in Kansas and other states who put clients on public land. I am sure it has been happening in Oklahoma too. Shawn

19-Apr-19
Arkansas was not smart enough to stop the guiding on public lands years ago and now the AGFC has had to make rules to limit guides. It mainly affects duck hunting here but guides cater to out of state hunters and do all they can to claim areas for their paying clients.

20-Apr-19
All bird hunting (ducks, turkey, quail) could get ugly if the OWD doesn't get some good regs in early.

21-Apr-19
in total agreement with you Michael.

• Sitka Gear