Ziek 21-Apr-19
APauls 21-Apr-19
WapitiBob 21-Apr-19
axle2axle 23-Apr-19
luckychucky 23-Apr-19
sticksender 23-Apr-19
Two Feathers 23-Apr-19
21-Apr-19
So I got A new string put on my bow the other day, But it has been raining out every time I could get out there to shoot it to re-sight it in. I can shoot in my basement but only at a max of 13 yards. My question Is how high should I sight top pin in at 13 yards to be same as sighted for 20 yds??

21-Apr-19
If I can run 10 feet in 1.5 seconds, how fast can I run a marathon?

21-Apr-19
Too many variables, mostly in sighting geometry, to know.

21-Apr-19
You’ll only know once you shoot at 20 yards

21-Apr-19
Just shoot it and worry about 20 when you get outside.

23-Apr-19
Got to agree with Wapitibob. Probably more important to you...unless you like sighting in your bow every time you work on it, is using a chronograph to check your arrow speed before and after maintenance. If you achieve the same arrow speed with the same arrow configuration and weight, then a simple "gang" adjustment (typically vertical only if the nock position has been moved slightly) will set all your pins to the previous impact points with minimal effort. Just a thought. Kevin

23-Apr-19
What is wrong with shooting in a little rain?

23-Apr-19
This is just a suggestion to consider. If the bow was properly tuned before the string change, it would bother me if I had to move the sight afterwards, because I'd know something else was wrong that I hadn't yet corrected.

23-Apr-19
Aim a little low.

• Sitka Gear