Charlie Rehor 03-May-19
PREZ 05-May-19
Drahthaar 08-May-19
Dooner 08-May-19
Dooner 08-May-19
Dooner 08-May-19
CAMP DAVID 09-May-19
24-Apr-19
So I'm running low on my obsolete RazorTricks. Too bad because most of my kills since I started bowhunting in 2008 have been with these heads. Love everything about them, but like everything else in life, all good things come to an end at some point.

I am a fixed head Hunter so let's have your recommendations, and why. At first glance, the WickedTricks look like a great head.

24-Apr-19
Radical Archery Designs Rival. Stainless steel, incredibly sharp, and fly awesome. The blade system is fully interchangeable. You can configure your head to be high profile for larger cutting diameter, lower profile vented or lower profile solid depending upon conditions or type of game you are pursuing. I haven’t found a head I like better or have found to be more versatile. The blades are extremely sharp out of the package and durability has been excellent.

24-Apr-19

Brotsky's Link
Link for info. I was a long time Slick Trick user until I moved to these.

24-Apr-19
If you really like Razor Tricks, put some ads out and I bet you can buy some. If not, I have used these heads on multiple animals with great results, Slick Trick mag, Exodous, Magnus serazor and Stinger, and Iron Will. I’m currently using IW and think the sturdiness, edge retention and sharpness offset the high price.

24-Apr-19
I’m with Brotsky... rad rival ss is an awesome fixed head!!!! Sharp as hell, tough as hell, and flies like a dart

24-Apr-19
Look like a muzzy knock off too me. VPA 3 blade, easy to sharpen and very tough head and available in a bunch of weights. Shawn

24-Apr-19
Shawn are you speaking in regards to me? If so the rad heads are fare superior to muzzys... and trust me I use to shoot muzzys for years and killed a ton of animals with them... but several little things make a huge difference between them in the long run. Sharpness, consistent spin out of the package, toughness of ss vs aluminum and metal, and flight etc... If that comment wasn’t towards me now you’re educated on a better head ;-)

24-Apr-19
VPA

24-Apr-19
QAD Exodus. Indestructible head,flies great, scary sharp!

25-Apr-19
I love the Magnus Buzz Cutts. Vicious.

25-Apr-19
Iron Will

25-Apr-19
Shoot straight and any mentioned here plus several others will be just fine.

25-Apr-19
VPA

25-Apr-19
And the winner is......G5 Striker!

25-Apr-19
Honestly...it is harder to find a bad broadhead than it is a good one now. Find the characteristics that are most important to you and pick a head.

25-Apr-19
I'm a Magnus fan. Love the Stinger 4 blade, but a lot of guys are using the Black Hornets with great success. Don't hear much negative about them.

25-Apr-19
Some the new Muzzy stuff looks intriguing to me.

25-Apr-19
If I was looking into fixed heads, I would definitely be giving the new Wasp Havalon broadhead a good look...they look wicked! The broadheads Brotsky posted look pretty darn impressive too....almost hurt my eyes lookin' at them, so they must be sharp!

25-Apr-19
I have been using the Magnus Black Hornets the last couple of years.They work great and you cannot beat the customer service, or the warranty.

25-Apr-19
If you are comfortable with Slick Tricks I would stick with them. Magnum or Viper are great heads, but as others have mentioned there are many great heads out there and if you feel like changing pick a couple and see what flies well for you.

25-Apr-19
QAD exodus

25-Apr-19

PECO's embedded Photo
PECO's embedded Photo
Rexpid Nuri Rotary Broadhead

25-Apr-19

altitude sick's embedded Photo
Iron Will! Cape buffalo rib with a hole through center. And cracks running the length of and across the rib. Went through and stuck in the other side rib.
Iron Will! Cape buffalo rib with a hole through center. And cracks running the length of and across the rib. Went through and stuck in the other side rib.

25-Apr-19

Here is the Broadhead that went through the rib. A little touch up and it is still usable.
Here is the Broadhead that went through the rib. A little touch up and it is still usable.

25-Apr-19
Narrow it down to 3.. try each one and whichever one flys the best in your set up.. go with that one!

25-Apr-19
Hard to beat most of the suggestions here and slick tricks are great heads. If you haven't tried magnus heads i would at least suggest giving them a shot. They are made in the US, fly great, and have a lifetime warranty. I've been shooting them for over a decade with countless bucks on the ground.

25-Apr-19
VPA 100 gr. non-vented. You can practice with them, and then they just take a minute to resharpen them on a stone. For the last month or so leading up to the season, I only practice with broadheads. After practice is over and I'm ready to hunt, I don't have to try to change out blades and such, so the VPA's are perfect. They are exceptionally tough too.

25-Apr-19
If you liked the razor trick, and want the best an Iron Will is like's its better cousin. Go solid non-vented and it's a silent killer. If you're not in the market for that, Viper Tricks and Qad exodus are good mid level heads.

25-Apr-19
Broadheads are like a-holes...0h, wait, that is opinions.

The truth is, broadhead choice can vary by intended target and other variables. All you need is a utensil that cuts, and many broadheads do so redundantly.

First, a head that doesn’t waste kinetic energy and flies true to what you aim at. A broadhead doesn’t need to cost a lot of $$ to work.

What Is important to me is arrow weight and what my target animal is. And finally, no broadhead will work well if the archer is not fully practiced. No matter how “good” the broadhead is, it cannot make up for inaccuracy of the archer.

25-Apr-19
The iron will crowd, trys too hard, getting old.

25-Apr-19
Magnus Blackhornet or Slick Tricks

25-Apr-19
Just buy the best of the best, NAP Thunderhead. Been using TH since the 80's. Always fly straight, very tough head, and blades are razor blade sharp. 100 or 125 grain.

25-Apr-19
APauls, when you say mid-level are you referring to price or performance?

25-Apr-19
Vpa 3 blade non vented , easy to sharpen, tough and quiet. Very well made and fly nice

25-Apr-19
Shot Slick Trick for years but that Rival SS looks really intriguing

25-Apr-19
Glunker, what do you mean "the Iron Will crowd tries too hard"? Read the threads and you'll find the VPA, Slick Trick and Magnus crowd are just as happy with the heads they use. Are they "trying too hard" as well? LOL.

Enlighten us. What head do you prefer?

25-Apr-19
I R O N W I L L

26-Apr-19
Ironwill crowd tries too hard because they need to justify the cost. Plenty of other broadheads out there that shoot as well and kill as dead as Ironwill for a fraction of the price. Like VPA

26-Apr-19
Peco, that’s an unwarranted claim from someone who’s never used them.

While your correct on there are many other choices, I don’t see the other choices offering lifetime warranty either.

26-Apr-19
Another vote for Thunderheads.

26-Apr-19
Lifetime of the animal you shoot or the shooter? :)

26-Apr-19
No, my point is that what seems to start a thread or get inserted in a thread is marketing for ironwill. It seems to look like staff earning their badges than hunters like the rest of us. My intuition but I see the trend.

26-Apr-19
I collect broadheads - I consider them a fascinating part of archery. I shoot 3-blade Muzzy broadheads at 100 grains. The blades are sharp, they assemble easily, and fly well for me. Best of luck in your search.

26-Apr-19
Lump me in with Peco and glunker. Iron will makes a great head. Maybe the best materials, but they’re also expensive and small. It’s a give and take, just like everything else. I, too, tire of the incessant iron will fandom started by ironwill employees or die hard users.

26-Apr-19
Treestandwolf, are you saying no one else offers a lifetime warranty?

26-Apr-19
G5 Striker is awesome. Slick Trick is awesome. Exodus is awesome.

NAP Killzone has performed flawlessly for me on deer, bears and turkeys too.

There are a ton of great heads out there.

26-Apr-19
VPA three blade unvented, 125 gr & 150 gr for me

26-Apr-19
Glunker, I see your point but I think the only IW "staff"/employees is BillV, who is a sponsor on here. They are too small to have a Pro Staff. So he does start threads. Other broadhead manufacturers can start and run with threads if they pay the sponsorship fee.

But one thing - if you look at the guys who like IWs, they are all stone cold killers who hunt all over the country and the world. They chime in because it's a hell of a head. Ive killed animals with 14 different broadheads, some very good, some junk back in the day (5 blade Martin, original Wasp, Satellites), some very good (Muzzy, VPA, Zwickey, Iron Will). They all have their upsides and downsides. I'm shooting Iron Wills now because of the durability, balance, the way they hold an edge after practice shots and being carried in a quiver for 70-80 days a year of hard hunting on the ground, and the way they fly - for me.

Plus, I figure the cost of broadheads is mice nuts in the grand scheme of what I spend in a year to hunt. But for some guys, saving $15 on a broadhead may make a difference in their life.

26-Apr-19
My son tested his Iron Wills today, and they flew perfect for him. He will take his first bear in a week or so with these heads.

28-Apr-19
Jaquamo, kudos to you for a very honest opinion.

Just because one really like a broadhead, and states they do, doesn’t mean it will satisfy another

When these threads start, the original poster must realize what works for one, may not work for another.

29-Apr-19
Jaquamo, kudos to you for a very honest opinion.

Just because one really like a broadhead, and states they do, doesn’t mean it will satisfy another

When these threads start, the original poster must realize what works for one, may not work for another.

29-Apr-19
I have a few Razor tricks if you are interested

29-Apr-19
I won an Iron Will head in the drawing last year and they are very stout and sharp. I will probably order some this fall but here in the northeast a regular Slick Trick is all you need.

29-Apr-19
If you want to try some different broadheads by Wasp you can order a mixed pack of 3. You can choose which three heads and they send them in a nice little case. Plus they are made in the USA at a reasonable price point.

30-Apr-19
Iron Will!

....just to be irritating. :-) I really do have 3 of them (thank you, Ermine), just haven't used one on an animal yet. They are AMAZINGLY sharp and hold an edge like no other after shooting into foam.

01-May-19
Really looking forward to checking out the new broadhead coming out from Day Six Gear. Should be soon!

02-May-19
Original Muzzy 3 blade and Thunderheads (heck, 5 or 6 in a pack for less than 1 of some brands!). Dang man, I cant imagine how many critters have bit the dust at the edges of these 2 heads in the past. Proven. Reliable. Affordable. Just as deadly as ever.

02-May-19
For some reason, broadheads seem to be an item that can get people's knickers in a knot. Glunker, I'm not sure if you're lumping me in on the "screaming IronWill" crowd, but when people ask for opinions others get them. For example, anytime a broahead thread comes up, you can bet that carcus will chime in that he likes QAD exodus heads. Swept blades. (We're friends so I don't mind using him as an example) Either way, he's had tremendous results and feels strongly about the head. So when asked, he will let others know.

For many of us, the search for the "best head" has led us to Iron Will's because of the characteristics built into the head. In many categories, like accuracy, durability, and edge retention I think they are the #1 head on the market. For sure leaps and bounds better than anything I've ever tried. For many, those characteristics are at the top of their list when choosing a head. So yes, they are "expensive" when compared to value heads, but that is because they are built to be the best of the best. If your goal is to have an absolutely massive wound channel I would not suggest IronWills, though I do hear they are coming out with wider cut heads. If you are looking for that 2" wound channel, not the right head, but when it comes to most expensive hunts, once-in-a-lifetime hunts, generally the target is bigger game where astute hunters are not searching for a massive wound channel, but usually searching for a head with the characteristics mentioned above. Also, being newer to the market, it is natural for early adopters to "cry louder." No one needs to know that Muzzy heads can kill. Everyone knows what a Muzzy 100 is/isn't good at.

02-May-19
I have a few razor tricks I could send ya. They have all been through deer though. Just would need replacement blades if you can find them. Send me your address if you want em

02-May-19
You guys are funny. No one wants to know his set up or what he’s hunting before making recommendations?

02-May-19
When Simmons Sharks got to hard to find, I went with Magnus Stingers, 9 elk later I will use them again this fall . Fly same as field points for me, can get them as sharp as a straightedge and are quite durable enough. My elk partner uses their Buzzcut.

Compared to decades ago, there are quite a few good broadheads out there.

02-May-19
If you believe the broadhead will do the job it’s perfect. Mentally perfect is just as important as end result. Reality is it may or may not be depending on wether the animal you shot was recovered. Many times we blame the broadhead when arrow placement is the bottom line. Sometimes even your perfect looking shot isn’t what it really was. In the end not the fault of the broadhead. Choose the one you believe is the best and shoot it. Trophy Hill, shoot one of the ST heads available, as it sounds like the one you believe will do the job.

02-May-19
this-Honestly...it is harder to find a bad broadhead than it is a good one now. Find the characteristics that are most important to you and pick a head.

03-May-19

Zim's embedded Photo
Zim's embedded Photo
I got the hookup on some of them explosive military broadheads. Gotta aim low in the ponch on a broadside shot though, otherwise the blast ruins the quarters and backstraps. Don’t even think about frontals, you won’t ever find the front two quarters...and don’t ask me where to get ‘em, super classified seal team 12 delta force kinda thing. I shot what woulda been the Ohio state record with ‘em last year but that P&Y scorer said the horns were “mangled beyond any scoring system’s ability to asses an accurate measurement”. Pfft, whatever, dude was just jealous...

03-May-19
I'm a fan of Slick Trick Viper Tricks....I have killed elk, whitetails and African plains game, no issues at all and all pass thru's. I also like the QAD Exdus, shot elk and whitetails with them. To me the choice was accuracy...Viper Tricks were more accurate out of my set up at 60 yards. I drew a Gila elk tag this year and I'm going to try Iron Wills. My recommendation is to shoot a couple quality heads and pick the one that lies best for your setup.

03-May-19
I was brand loyal to two heads for 25 years but now I like a couple mechanicals and a couple fixed depending on the animal I’m hunting! Everybody loves their broadhead! At least everybody should:)

05-May-19
I'm a fan of Slick Trick Viper Tricks....I have killed elk, whitetails and African plains game, no issues at all and all pass thru's. I also like the QAD Exdus, shot elk and whitetails with them. To me the choice was accuracy...Viper Tricks were more accurate out of my set up at 60 yards. I drew a Gila elk tag this year and I'm going to try Iron Wills. My recommendation is to shoot a couple quality heads and pick the one that lies best for your setup.

08-May-19
VPA, best on the market. Forrest

08-May-19

Dooner's embedded Photo
Razor Trick
Dooner's embedded Photo
Razor Trick
Well He!!, if your are wanting something like the "obsolete RazorTricks", the logical choice would be the Viper Trick, or Wicked Trick.

08-May-19

Dooner's embedded Photo
Viper Trick
Dooner's embedded Photo
Viper Trick
Here's the Viper Trick

08-May-19

Dooner's embedded Photo
Dooner's embedded Photo
Here's the Wicked Trick

09-May-19
Muzzy 3 blade 100.

Been shooting them for over 20 years now.

• Sitka Gear