Chris S's embedded Photo
Chris S's embedded Photo
Chris S's embedded Photo
Chris S's embedded Photo
Chris S's embedded Photo
Chris S's embedded Photo
Chris S's embedded Photo
Chris S's embedded Photo
I happened to be in local shop the other day and looked on shelf and there it was covered in dust. I remarked to owner where that come from always wanted one as a kid saved and saved for an Onieda then ended up going with pse. So here I am 30 years later looking at an old onieda. He says it’s yours an older fella that could no longer hunt walked in gave him some old bows and said to find them a home. Holy Crapola!!!we put a new string on it for $20 I was in my childhood dream bow. Very strange feeling now I want to cant it like my recurves but still using a a release and sights feels so weird. Gonna be fun to learn how to shoot this baby. This years challenge is to get a deer with this treasure.

26-Apr-19

Chris S's embedded Photo
Chris S's embedded Photo
Complete with stabalizer,overdraw, sights and quiver. So cool of a design. Needs a good cleaning.

26-Apr-19
All you need for a press is a 2x6, & two 4" bolts with padding.

26-Apr-19
Love it when hunters bless other hunters! Have fun with it!!!

26-Apr-19
That's pretty cool. They aren't the simplest way to launch an arrow but they have taken a lot of critters. You can rest the bottom limb on your knee and hold at draw forever. Handy for bowfishing

26-Apr-19
Make sure you know how to make the draw length adjustments. Forget to loosen the right screw and you will cause damage.

26-Apr-19
Awesome! Good find. Those things are badass.

26-Apr-19
Loudest bow out there. They crack when they go off, great for bowfishing though. Shoot it with fingers and no sight just like your recurves. Shawn

26-Apr-19
Oneida, 1/2 mile from my home town! Always thought those bows looked heavy as a big old Rem. 700 but I have no problem with it. Never shot one though. Nice find, enjoy it in your renewed youth!

26-Apr-19
Had 2 different Phantoms and a Strike Eagle back in the early days. The Strike Eagle wasn't near as loud as the string didn't lay down the limb tips like the others. They were long and heavy but they shot really good and so easy to tune and time the limbs. Not sure why they have a tube on the peep as mine always drew straight back with no peep twist.

26-Apr-19
They are nice to set up bow fishing with one take off quiver and short draw and use a bottle and a flipper rest.

26-Apr-19
I've wanted one for decades.

What a ridiculous design.

26-Apr-19
You know..for some reason I always wanted one of those! I've never owned a compound of any type. Recurves and longbows only since 1958!....but still.......

26-Apr-19
That's awesome! The Saunders Torque Tamer stabilizer was one I loved on one of my earlier bows. Very cool find!

26-Apr-19
Johnny Morris's son, John Paul owns what is left of the company now. They sell them as bowfishing setups. I shot them for many, many years. Easy to draw, easy to hold and a very smooth cycle. Killed a lot of stuff with them. One of my favorite bows... probably because I hunted with them in my hay days of bowhunting.

26-Apr-19
JTV look up Oneida Phoenix. I thought about getting one to shoot instinctively. By the way Tim Wells is sponsored by them now.

26-Apr-19
My father in law still has an old Oneida hanging in his garage like said they are cool looking I should talk to him see about shooting it just to play around with.

26-Apr-19
Chris, that is a good looking bow. I shot them for many years. Worked on them for others. I even had to take one apart and put it back together with different limbs for a friend. She then went on to win the world IBO championship shooting fingers. Now I see your bow is out of tune. The bottom limb is not timed right. OH, NEVER put it in a bow press.

26-Apr-19
Overdraws.. man I remember them days... crazy how things have changed in 30 years... I remember as a kid watching guys practice with these bows and was always amazed.. thought those bows were so cool. You really got lucky, what a dream

26-Apr-19
Good deal hope you enjoy it. Thats the bow that turned me towards traditional in the late 80's..

26-Apr-19
I killed an elk with one of those, they had the coolest commercial ever.. shooting an arrow into some exlplosive device and watching it go sky high.. they are high maintenance but cool.. enjoy!

27-Apr-19
I have a buddy who shot one too. He still has it and plans to keep it. Cool looking bow. Good luck with it.

27-Apr-19
A pal of my had one of those bows and didn`t research or get familiar with the mechanics of the bow. He had a buck walk in and he drew back....the buck walked under his stand and I he bent over took the shot. Not realizing how far the lower limb moved on the shot, the limb tip ripped down his inner thigh.

The bruising was off the charts and just missed ripping his nuts off....lmao

27-Apr-19
Wow thanks for all the responses. Is anyone familiar how to change the draw length. It’s probably 31 right now if I pull it til it stops so I just pull to where I anchor and don’t worry bout it but it’s all over the place. It would be nice to lock it at 29. Also not sure how to tune it everything on Oniedas web sight is for their new bows nothing about old models. Thanks

27-Apr-19
BTW, I never found them to need any more adjusting or maintenance than any other bow once set up. Shot them for twenty years. Have shot bows for 48 years now... since I was ten.

27-Apr-19
Chris, I will look for the manual. Don't hold me to it. But, I think I have one. I have a Phantom. An to change the draw and let off, you have to change the modules.

27-Apr-19
They weren't meant to be shot up against "the wall".

27-Apr-19
Use a heavy arrow in it.....

Shooting it with a light arrow will make it hard to keep that thing together.

27-Apr-19
Chris, I do have a manual. You can have it. Give me some time, I am recovering from surgery. I move when I have the strength. Now back in the day, I shot 2216 @ 57 lbs. The arrow weight was 540. An I was gets 220fps. With dacron string.

27-Apr-19
Try 5150bows.com americaneaglebows.com or leverlovers on facebook tons of info out there. To quiet them down put furniture felt between the string and limbs and wiskers on the string. I had a couple Phantoms an AF X80 an H250 a Stealth and a Monsterbows Dragon. Needed cash so had to sell em all. Always had venison in the freezer so they aint that loud lol. Have fun with it

27-Apr-19

bowneida's embedded Photo
1 1/2 dowel rod between power and outboard limbs
bowneida's embedded Photo
1 1/2 dowel rod between power and outboard limbs
To change string or put felt on use inch and a half dowels 5-6 inches long.

28-Apr-19
had a screaming eagle & killed a bunch of deer with it. it did have a screen door slamming kinda (thwack) to it & a few years ago considered buying a new Phoenix but @ $1200 just couldn't swallow it.

28-Apr-19

Chris S's embedded Photo
Chris S's embedded Photo
Signed up for 5150 site 2 days ago but everything just says error every time?

29-Apr-19
Oneida bows were made a few miles from where I now live in Oswego County, NY. After they sold the company, they came out with a line of bows that looked similar to these, but had NO cams, just strings. The brand name was Firebrand, I think. I had a Firebrand Intensity, which was really awesome. Not really a compound bow, and certainly not a recurve. Sort of in between, i guess. I shot my first buck with it. They never quite caught on, although I'm not sure why. I wish I kept that bow.

29-Apr-19
There are pics of the Firebrand intensity here: http://peteward.com/test.intensity.htm

30-Apr-19
I'm pretty sure you have to register at 5150 and then sign in. Cant remember

01-May-19
I killed a few elk with an Oneida Arrowforce. I loved that bow and the only reason I stopped shooting it was because of the weight. They are not the fastest bows by any stretch of the imagination but they are very accurate and fun to shoot. Tim Wells seems to do very well with the New Phoenix which I understand is lighter and much faster.

• Sitka Gear