Rut Nut 30-Apr-19
Hawkeye 30-Apr-19
Brotsky 30-Apr-19
Rut Nut 30-Apr-19
Elite 1 30-Apr-19
28-Apr-19

Elite 1's embedded Photo
Elite 1's embedded Photo
I’ve done some real stupid things over the years but this one tops a lot of them I was in blind doing some self taping. I was in there 7 hrs finally heard a gobble one yulp he’s was on his way turned iPhone on 7 months old new it was going to be close but thought I could clear it Turkey was at 7 yds nope bad deal I’ve dropped flip phones down the hole but this one tops them all. Any other phone horror stories out there?

28-Apr-19
I dropped my phone down the hole while ice fishing a few seasons ago. Never shot one. This should be a good thread.

28-Apr-19

Elite 1's embedded Photo
Elite 1's embedded Photo
Yup You need a little more clearance when you’re shooting the bullhead last pic I got of him already in my mind had half of the Breast ground for turkey burger

28-Apr-19
Dropped a few from 75 plus feet. The one that hit concrete survived, the other hit grass and croaked.

28-Apr-19
Oh geez!!!!!!!! : (

Fortunately I have not done anything like that with my phone, BUT ..................I can remember doing a few things that SEEMED like a great idea at the time, but in hindsight I said to myself: “WHAT WAS I THINKING????!!!!!” ;-)

28-Apr-19
No no I drew feathers that was it arrow missed it mark but tagged out on phone

28-Apr-19
My brother, I'm sorry but, this is hilarious. I find it funny because I once shot my camera. Trying to get a video of the arrow coming into the target. It takes a good nature to put that out on a hunting forum.

28-Apr-19
I did the same thing this am (same broadhead), hit my blind. Had longbeard at 8 yds. Clean miss too.

28-Apr-19
“Tagged out on phone”. Good to have a sense of humor!!

28-Apr-19
Anither one down the hole ice fishing. I learned that day that phones are not magnetic..

28-Apr-19
Lost my old flip phone when shed hunting. Found it 3 months later while mushroom hunting. Put it in dehydrater for an hour, charged it up. Good to go.

28-Apr-19

EmbryOklahoma's embedded Photo
A few years back... 17 yards... 4th set of 6 arrows. Phone was leaned up against the bag target. I was tired, bailed out on my last arrow, that's the result. Dumb dumb. :)

28-Apr-19
That shirt^^^^^^

28-Apr-19
LMBO! Way to OWN it guys! ;-)

28-Apr-19
Were you using the 100 grain Bullheads or the 125s?!! The 100grainers have better clearance.....just sayin ;-)

28-Apr-19
Unfortunately I have the 125 grain and this party for that turkey is an over yet

28-Apr-19
Just be happy it wasn’t a Rage. That would have wrecked your phone and cancelled your cheap contract. They are that lethal.

28-Apr-19
Dropped mine in the river while trying to get a pic of real nice smallmouth I caught

I’ve shot my jeeps soft windows that were laying over my target

I left my bow on the roof of my car as I got on the highway

I’ve done plenty of other dumb shit and will probably do a ton more lol

28-Apr-19
If it were a rage I would have missed that phone for sure. But just not as thrilling as I get from a bullhead love those neck shots

28-Apr-19
I walked across a waist high creek to hang a stand with my phone in my pocket. First cell phone ever, fairly new I recall.

28-Apr-19
I have hit the blind more than once with bullheads. Your story is WAY better though :)

28-Apr-19

Hawkeye's embedded Photo
Hawkeye's embedded Photo
Here's the 'blind' bird from last year. I tackled him after my headhunter clipped the blind and broke his wing. Trail camera captured this before the 'leap'.

Lucky I still have 4.3/40 speed.. ...;)

28-Apr-19
Now thats impressive Hawk cat like speed that’s hard to beat

28-Apr-19
LOL, Eyad! I thought you were always 4.2 in the 40.

28-Apr-19
That’s GREAT Hawkeye!!!! : )

I guess Pat’s closer to 5.0 since he couldn’t catch his bird............... ;-)

28-Apr-19
He had boots on, which slow him down to 4.3... Good stuff!

I have enough material for a full novel geared on turkey mishaps. When going after a wounded one always bring your entire quiver, wear gloves, and a swim suit is not out of question either!

28-Apr-19
4.3/40 speed. Is that in yards or feet?!?

28-Apr-19

Hawkeye's embedded Photo
Hawkeye's embedded Photo
Ha ha ha ha!!

Notice the 'upright posture and intense focus' as I "Sprint" across the field while the bird cartwheels.

Funny the two pics the camera captured were this one and just before I jumped.

It may have been a tad slower but I swear I heard my hamstrings POP!

I didn't walk right for a week afterwards.....:0

28-Apr-19
Are the blurry images due to your blazing speed, or just a cheap trail cam?!

29-Apr-19
Both;) LOL!!

29-Apr-19
I'm going with cheap trail cam, Troy. :)

29-Apr-19
Wow, I got spurred in the thumb by 'dead' bird that I retrieved once. I can't imagine trying to handle a fully live one..that's insane! ;)

29-Apr-19
I thought for sure this was another Pat thread, but bowsite never disappoints!

29-Apr-19
Eyad, Cool photos....as well as the ability to laugh at ones self!!

29-Apr-19
Good athletic stance/positioning on the first photo! Many average turkey chasers will stand upright and flat footed in that scenario. With your positioning you’re ready to go right, left, or even show off the vertical if things really go sideways!

29-Apr-19
LOL Luke!! After a few rodeos with those reptile-birds Jake that's all I can do is laugh.

It's more of a Jack Nicholson 'Shining' laugh...but it's still a laugh;)

30-Apr-19

Brotsky's embedded Photo
Brotsky's embedded Photo
My dad had a bad day as well :-)

30-Apr-19
At least a wingbutt shot does normally anchor a gobbler. :)

30-Apr-19
Does your state issue Smart Phone Tags? LOL

30-Apr-19
Hashtags maybe

30-Apr-19
Dropped my fone out of my pocket in 135 ft of a reservoir fishing for lake trout. Gotta call about an hr later from a fish tellin me he wasn’t givin it back.

30-Apr-19

Elite 1's embedded Photo
Elite 1's embedded Photo
He’s back game on this time phone will be in pocket. Only one phone tag in the state per year.

30-Apr-19
Brotsky- care to elaborate?! ;-)

Good luck Keith! (and good choice! ;-)

30-Apr-19
Good luck Keith!

30-Apr-19
Rut Nut, what you see is what you get. Called in a nice longbeard and he walked behind the decoy. My dad has bowhunted for over 40 years but has never shot a turkey or had one called in to 10 yards and maybe got a little rattled. He made a rookie mistake and shot at the wrong moment=dead decoy. I got a good laugh out of it and he learned a great deal about turkey hunting! :-) He'll get'em next time!

30-Apr-19
It looked like a pretty good shot on the Deke, so thought maybe he got flustered and in the excitement shot at the wrong bird! ;-)

30-Apr-19

Elite 1's embedded Photo
Elite 1's embedded Photo
Well had him at 20 yds at one point just wouldn’t commit had hen with him didn’t help couldn’t get her in ether

• Sitka Gear