dirtclod Az. 03-May-19
nmwapiti 03-May-19
timex 03-May-19
badguybuster 03-May-19
timex 04-May-19
TrapperKayak 06-May-19
02-May-19

nmwapiti's Link
https://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/maggots-added-sausage-specialty-foods-meat-alternative

Anyone need another reason to kill and process your own meat???

02-May-19
Believe me, they are already in there!!!

02-May-19
Meh, I've always said you could make sausage from saw dust and most can't tell the difference. If it's healthy, why not add it? Chances are with all the spices in sausage it won't affect the taste, or they'll figure out how to do it. Doesn't really affect me as I do most of my stuff myself.

02-May-19
Not much worse than what’s all ready in there. I don’t make it a habit but I like a good brat every know and then. Maggots might be tasty, can’t say I’ve ever tried them. Knowingly that is...

02-May-19
A WHOLE lot of things are already in most of our store bought food that most people are completely oblivious to! Rat hair, bugs, maggots, and a bunch of other crap like fillers and artificial colors... Get over it and enjoy! I have ate things that most people would freak out about, and most of it was very delicious and nutritious, just not what most people would ever consider eating! You would be surprised what you would eat if you where starving to death!!!!! I wish I could get enough tags and enough game meat to feed my family, but that is just not realistic unless you are very rich!

02-May-19
I didn't view the link but my entire life my family has eaten more wild game - fish the any other family's iv ever known my father would say son its not that we can't afford store bought but why when hunting & fishing is so much fun. it was actually my chores as a kid to get fish & small game for supper several days a week. I have never changed & with the addition of some laying hens & a big garden the grocery store doesn't get much of my money

03-May-19
I made Javelina sausage and when my family complained about finding a few hairs in the sausage I pointed out that is how you know it;s the real thing...

03-May-19
Even so, you can keep your bug burgers :) I'll try to eat straight meat.

03-May-19
come on man NO burgers tacos burritos sketty chilly lasagna sloppy Joes stuffed peppers stuffed shells sausage sausage gravy. meatloaf meat balls enchiladas tamales &on&on&on we use a lot of venison burger & sausage made with the burger as well

03-May-19

badguybuster's embedded Photo
badguybuster's embedded Photo
Venison for me!!!

04-May-19
I have at least a dozen favorite different ways to prepare venison steak roasts backstraps loins etc however if your not grinding a few deer every season with or without adding whatever I use pork shoulder your missing out on a lot of versatility & canned venison makes it even more versatile

06-May-19
I know a guy who hung an antelope in 50 - 60 degree weather in MT, for weeks, until 'slightly maggotized'. ( Fly eggs had hatched and the maggies were a day or two old). He processed the meat, and I have to admit, it was some of the finest tasting, tender goat I ever ate. I would not condone waiting until fly eggs hatch, and they weren't on the meat we ate, but it was surely damn good venison.

• Sitka Gear