flip 08-Feb-20
flip 08-Feb-20
Ermine 08-Feb-20
elkmo 08-Feb-20
Tonybear61 08-Feb-20
Ben 08-Feb-20
olebuck 24-Feb-20
03-May-19
I used a real fan in a Primos Fan holder (plastic that folds into four).

How do you carry real fans while hunting so the feathers don’t get all mangled?

03-May-19
Or why do you carry real vs fake. The turkeys won’t know and fake are easier requiring no special handling

03-May-19
Tried leaving the fan in the blind and the pack rats consumed it.

03-May-19
Bou, there is a giant difference between real and fake, especially when the sun is up ;-)

03-May-19
I made a cardboard cutout to fit around the fan its a bit bulky but fits in my dsd bag with the decoys! When I get to my setup I take the fan out and attach it to the decoy. Other than that I have several extras for when they get too beat up.

03-May-19
I don’t protect mine. I figure the rattier it looks, the other birds must figure that my decoy must get beat up a lot, so they’re less intimidated by him.

A lot of turkey hunting is a mental game!

03-May-19
I do the same as Pat.

03-May-19
I carry mine by hand also. As they get older they will fold up like the fake one does and then you can carry them in your game pouch

04-May-19
Nothing turns whacky toms on like a real fan...especially if there is movement with them!

04-May-19
Small fan I have fits right in the sack on the back of my vest

05-May-19
I carry mine in my DSD bag with my Jake and hen decoy and when it gets to ugly to use I replace the feathers. It will last 3 to 4 years this way .

08-Feb-20

flip's embedded Photo
flip's embedded Photo
Don't know if the photo will load but I transport my fan right on my bow.by taking a previous birds fan I mount it right off my stabilizer mount and cut a small hole out in the feathers to use my sight.when not on the bow I just stick it in the ground with my decoy set up as a Tom or Jake. The birds don't care if it has a full body or not as they come right up and pick at it sometime s.nothin more fun than stalking a Tom with it and having them full bore at you to fight.

08-Feb-20

flip's embedded Photo
flip's embedded Photo
Another shot of the bow set up

08-Feb-20
It's really a handy set up as you can move the fan from side to side up and down etc and it really works em up.didnt mean to steal your thread 98.just thought it might be useful to some

08-Feb-20
Huge difference between a fake fan and a real one. The reason the heads up decoy works so well. A lot of the Fake fans have a shine to them.

08-Feb-20
Leave attached to decoy and transport it in the back of my turkey vest, it gets rough looking after awhile but turkeys with their peanut size brains could care less. Make a new one every 3-4 years.

08-Feb-20
I just use an oversized pack so decoys, lunch, pillow, extra clothes, fan everything fits in there. But then I am used to carrying my stand in and back out every time while deer hunting.

08-Feb-20
Dave the pack rats may have ate your fan but, I left my jake decoy in my popup for a couple days and they ate about 1/3 of it!

24-Feb-20
cut the tail in half, and use bondo to hold the feather quills together. they pack much better that way. just stick them back together on the decoy. If you want to fold them - hot glue a piece of fabric on the back of the bondo so it will fold.

• Sitka Gear