AaronShort 03-May-19
Arrowflinger 03-May-19
Bou'bound 03-May-19
LBshooter 04-May-19
Shawn 04-May-19
Jaquomo 05-May-19
ESP 05-May-19
03-May-19
I'm 15 and looking for a cheaper end, but nice, bow for the coming season, Any recommendations? Thanks!

03-May-19
Do you have an adult mentor to assist you? If not go to the best Pro Shop around you and ask for advice and help. You need a mentor to help you get set up correctly and help you get started. Use your intuition to figure out and find a good soul! Good luck! C

03-May-19
You should look at the classifieds here and on other forums. Every year lots of guys need the "latest-greatest" and sell perfectly good used bows only a couple years old for great prices.

If you're dead set on a new one, the entry level bows from all the major manufacturers utilize the latest technology, and are as good or better than their top-end bows of just a few years ago.

03-May-19
Look for used bows for sure. Just starting my father in law in it, and the used options are plentiful and very budget conscious. So many bows have wide variations in draw length as well. Make sure you measure your current draw length and get one that goes out to 31-32" if you think you'll be 6+ feet tall. Go draw the bow and if it feels smooth and sounds quiet and fits your budget pick it up. Personally I wouldn't get into all the single cam/dual cam/yokes stuff. Go on those things and get started.

03-May-19
X2....Jaq and APauls. You can get a top notch bow fully rigged out and most likely already tuned for 30 cents on the dollar.

I don`t even buy an new bow anymore....next to a car or golf driver, it`s the worst "investment" you can make.

03-May-19
Franklin x2

03-May-19
Thanks for the advice guys. I've got an old golden eagle iron eagle bow that's missing some stuff, but the lowest draw weight is 60lbs. and I think my uncle dryfired it once... I'll keep an eye out and will probably go the used bow route.

03-May-19
I like mission bows. Affordable and built as good as any.

03-May-19
At your age, you probably are not done growing yet so I would consider an adjustable bow like some of the Mission bows.

03-May-19
Gunmaster you have a private message.

03-May-19
Diamond edge

04-May-19
Look on Craigslist in the sporting goods section. Search bows and you'll see a ton of bows for sale, shoot them before you buy and make an offer on one. Generally they come fully equipped and ready to go.

04-May-19
PSE and their Evolve Cam make an affordable set up and they shoot well. I do agree about buying a used bow that is just a few years old for about 35 cents on the dollar. I am a Mathews shooter but stay away from them used unless it is the draw length you need, otherwise it can get pricey buying mods to adjust draw and suck. Shawn

05-May-19
I also strongly agree with Charlie's advice about working with a good pro shop. You will need them now and in the future. They get lots of used bows in and you can shoot them to find one that feels good to you. And they will always be there to help you with tuning and repairs, which you will need sooner than later.

05-May-19
Sent private message.

• Sitka Gear