elkstabber 06-May-19
BOWUNTR 06-May-19
njbuck 06-May-19
kscowboy 06-May-19
APauls 06-May-19
kscowboy 06-May-19
delkslayr 06-May-19
03-May-19
This thread is a support group for the Colorado sheep and goat guys that “didn’t get drawn and I have max points and this is BS and it’s not fair and Colorado screws me and they need to fix it or I’m taking my ball and I’m going home!”

03-May-19
If we drew one and not the other can we still join the support group? :)-

03-May-19
I'm in. At least after this year I won't have max points anymore. I'm not going to pay $50 for something that hasn't helped in the last 18 years.

03-May-19
Just hung with a guy last week that put in for Missouri Breaks Sheep for 45 years straight and drew last year at age 68. He hunted 64 days before shooting his Ram. He told me he was very blessed not to draw in those early years as he would not have appreciated it like he did last year. He would not change a thing. Stay after it and believe! C

03-May-19
That's a great story Charlie, I'd love to hear more about it! I am positive that all the things many of us are able to do that are somewhat taken for granted will be looked back on when we are much older as true blessings. It's nice to realize that earlier so it doesn't happen.

03-May-19
It's to point that I really don't even consider it anymore. I have to admit that I am sourly disappointed at the changes F&G has made the last 2 years... cannot wait to see what else they'll do. I'm in til I die or believe that I'm too old to climb mountains... Ed F

03-May-19
Ok Nick: I met him at the Boone & Crockett Club, Panel Measuring last week at Bass Pro Headquarters in Springfield, MO. He lives in Nevada and when he finally drew the sheep tag his entire approach was to get every bit of the experience out of it. He drove his camper up for the hunt and used his bow the first two weeks of season then shifted over to Rifle. He watched sheep for 30 days then when it got cold he drove his camper home, re-grouped then drove back and got a hotel for the balance. He was able to make friends with guys that had past experience and told me one of his favorite parts was floating the river and watching crazy rutting by the Rams including some real head butting. After soaking it all in he finally did shot a fine Ram with his rifle. The contentment and satisfaction he conveyed to me was a pleasure to see.

We are all trying to do whatever hunts we can each year and that’s a good thing. His perspective about finally drawing at his stage of life was that it was just meant to be. He and I discussed what I call the 4P’s.

1. Preparation for the hunt. 2. Persistence during the hunt. 3. Patience. 4. Proficiency with your chosen weapon.

That said EVERY hunt no matter in your back 40 for whities or Missouri Breaks for Bighorn should be a blast! C

03-May-19
Awesome!

03-May-19
I popped on this thread first before I checked my results! I drew CO! :)

03-May-19
Yeah mqqse, beat it! ;)

03-May-19
Can I join the group? I have 0 CO bighorn points since I killed a ram in 2017, but I was unsuccessful in the Desert BH draw and Mt goat. However, since I moved to AK I still have an OTC Dall hunt and OTC Goat hunt planned...

03-May-19
You’re about as welcome as Tavis and mqqse!!!

03-May-19
Also hunting Dall and possibly goat this year, but I really could have gone for a CO sheep tag.

Only one more year till the Class of 3+0 hits the ranks. I'm really really curious to see the app stats to compare with 2018 and 2017.

03-May-19
It's funny I did not draw but I'm happy! I'd put in for a unit that I really didn't want to hunt, but it was the only dates available for me. next year I'll have Open dates for the unit I have as my number one.

04-May-19
I'm in,,,, max points,,, but total years is 32,,,, only animal lacking in big eight!! 62 now, but ready to go!!! bownutco

04-May-19
How much are the lifetime membership dues?! :-(

04-May-19
First bows- same boat. Have no time in August this year

04-May-19
Can I use weighted ppints to pay my club dues? Like airline miles?

04-May-19
Agreed Ike, I can't decide if I'm more interested in the sheep/goat stats or the deer/elk stats this year. Both could be pretty telling for my future strategy.

04-May-19
Sounds like I might get to help Tavis with his goat hunt... So I got that going for me.

05-May-19
Whatever you do don’t quit! If you quit applying you for sure will never get drawn.

05-May-19
What would you know about that Dave? ;)

06-May-19
I'm not sure if I'm welcome here because I don't have max points. But I am a loser in the draw, middle aged, and bald. Is there room for me in the support group?

06-May-19
When's the first meeting? I'd like to vent a little so I can start to heal... Ed F

06-May-19
Has Colorado updated the points yet? I am not seeing an additional weighted point on mine yet.

06-May-19

kscowboy's Link
I too am a member of the group so far this year. However, a sheep is a sheep, right? Got a good lead on an affordable sheep hunt in the link. (I'm joking here).

Hope to be out of our group after UT but not holding my breath. Good luck in the rest of your draws, gentlemen.

06-May-19
Is it cheaper to never apply, then hunt in Russia, or apply your whole life hoping to draw? There's a good time value of money calculation...

06-May-19
The cheapest hunt aside from drawing is going to be a Dall in AK. I was offered a Snow Sheep for $12K last year at Sheep Show through a friend's connection and that was a steal. I'd do my outfitter research and find a good Dall hunt at an auction or book 5 years out and start sending $2,000/year to your outfitter and pay the remaining balance before the trip.

06-May-19
Well I went into the draw with 3+18 and opted not to buy another point so I think I too can join this support group for sheep at least.

• Sitka Gear