Turkey
Contributors to this thread:
drslyr 11-May-19
Huntskifishcook 11-May-19
Deerdawg 12-May-19
Deerdawg 12-May-19
11-May-19
6:44 AM LIVE from Ma*
I aint dead yet. The ol heart attack ninja turkeyslayer hit the woods a touch late. On my way to the tree i hear thunderous gobbles coming from right where i wanna sit. He’s in the tree gobbling like a fool. I sit down like a fool 100 yds away. I wait 15 min. He continues to call. I take off my hat and flap it like a turkey flying down off the roost. I wait 5 min and make my best hen squawk. Suddenly i hear the rush of wings. Im looking everywhere tryna see him. I look to my right and see him as he glides past at 6 yds. As he goes by i see him look at me in flight. He hits the ground 20 yds away and starts running like an olympic sprinter through the thick brush. The whole episode is over in 3 seconds. I had no time to do anything. It was so exciting. He has to be close to 25 lbs and his beard was dragging the ground. And for tje first time since my heart attack i feel pretty good today.

11-May-19
Awesome, slyer! Glad to hear you're feeling better and on the birds.

12-May-19
Slayer A bout 5 years i had to change my lifestyle. Do nothing take all the pills they push on you or get in better shape and take less meds? I chose the later. My best change to date has been to take care of #1. Exercise, diet and happy wife/ life. So I hike/hunt more, eat more venison / tuna and chase my wife around!

12-May-19
Slayer A bout 5 years i had to change my lifestyle. Do nothing take all the pills they push on you or get in better shape and take less meds? I chose the later. My best change to date has been to take care of #1. Exercise, diet and happy wife/ life. So I hike/hunt more, eat more venison / tuna and chase my wife around!

• Sitka Gear