nmarchr 11-May-19
Treeline 11-May-19
EZBreazy 11-May-19
HUNT MAN 12-May-19
nmarchr 12-May-19
7mm08 12-May-19
pointingdogs 12-May-19
11-May-19
Question for everyone who runs long range glass. I don't have the money for Swaros, Ziess, or Leicas. I'm looking for a quality glass under $1400.00 in a 15x56. The ones I've come across so far are Maven, Vortex Kiabab, and Meopta. The other glass that I've seen that gets great reviews is Tract Toris 12.5x50. I currently use Minox 10x43, just want something stronger power to show me more here out west. Please let me know what you guys feel is the best glass for the dollar.

Thanks!

11-May-19
Have you/would you consider a spotting scope to go along with 10x?

11-May-19
I have, but would rather have binos. Just seems more efficient for me and the way I hunt.

11-May-19
Consider running cabelas Good Option

11-May-19
Mavens are amazing and that is coming from a guy that has swaro 15s. If I did it again it would be maven. Hunt

11-May-19
Hunt, I trust you because I know how much you use your optics. I've never looked through Mavens before. It's that good of glass?? Also have you looked through the Tract Toris yet? All the reviews on them are really good and about $600 cheaper

11-May-19
I have not looked at the Toris. But this last year on s mule deer hunt with Tembry. I was able to compare side by side . In low light the swaro won. Other than that hard to tell the difference. Will aka otc will and Trevor both got a pair . Send them a pm. Either way they change the game bottom line and you will see more animals with glass than with a spotter . Hunt

11-May-19
Hunt, all of you are killers and if they all got em then the glass must be good! Are they running the B series in 15x56?

11-May-19
Started using 15x60 Zeiss back in the early 90’s for Coues and sheep guiding. Felt like Superman with x-ray vision with those things when I learned how to use them!

Got a pair of the Swaro 15’s when they came out and they were better than the Zeiss. Still have the old 15x60’s in case I ever have a problem with the Swarovski’s. Can’t really comment on the other brands.

I would strongly recommend getting a top notch tripod and pan head. I feel like my Manfroto carbon tripod with a pan head is one of my best purchases and has really improved my glassing!

11-May-19
I will second that!!

11-May-19
Look on eBay. I just bought a pair of Leica Geovid range finding 15x56 binos for $1400.

11-May-19
That’s a great deal!

11-May-19
Of the three you listed I have two of those. No experience with the Maven. Otherwise the Meopta is a clear winner. Excellent glass. I have had the Cabelas version and shy away from that now. They don’t service them and got burned on that so went with the real deal. Good luck.

12-May-19
That is a great deal. Is the ranging button on the left or right on that model?

12-May-19
On the left

12-May-19
Meopta Meostar. Can be found new for 1200.00. A LOT less if you can use the military dicount. Amazing glass for the money. Do a search on reviews for them.

12-May-19
I bought vortex years ago. Thought that they were good until I looked through Ziess.

• Sitka Gear