kscowboy 12-May-19
PECO 12-May-19
Busta'Ribs 13-May-19
huntnfish808 22-May-19
Boatman71 22-May-19
Jaquomo 22-May-19
loprofile 22-May-19
12-May-19
I know an outfitter that swears by it. I’ve gotten picked out of pretty well covered trees by Whitetail when using it after very little movement. Totally worthless in my opinion.

12-May-19
It’s a really good deal for the guys selling it. Don’t waste your money.

12-May-19
John Dudley doesn’t leave home without it

12-May-19
How much does Dudley get paid to not leave home without it?

12-May-19
I was being facetious. I have no clue if the HECS works or not.

12-May-19
Yep it’s great. Don’t even need a weapon They will hop in the back of ur truck and kill themselves. HECS magic

12-May-19
Who is John dudley

12-May-19
With fish I believe the suit does work, but that's it. If you watch the " HECS show" don't look at the animal look at the vegetation. All the hunters are downwind and the bear is looking away , upwind of the Hunter. Snake oil salesman at its best. If your going in the ground get yourself a ASAT leafy suit or ghuille suit hunt the wind and you'll do fine.

12-May-19
I started hunting off the ground with a leafy, or ghillie suit about 8 yrs ago, mainly because I was tired of ruined stand setups on public ground. It is a rush and a greater challenge, but I seem to kill just as many with gun and bow. It is MUCH harder to draw on the animal from the ground IMO. I can get close... real.close, but drawing a bow is the hard part. No HECS experience though.

12-May-19
X2 with LB....

12-May-19
I know some guys that swear by it

Of course people normally swear by what they buy in order to feel better about their choice.

Personally I would not put myself in the position of having to justify my purchase of a hecs suit.

12-May-19
What does a $180 pair of Sitka pants do for you that a pair of jeans won’t do ? Fashion statement ? I don’t think any of it is magic, it’s just what you feel like spending your money on and justify it by thinking it gives you the upper hand. Friend of mine has HECS and he ate his elk tag last year. You would think he could’ve just sat out in the wheat field and waited for one to walk by.

12-May-19
Jdee, I don’t know, repel water? Keep you cooler and not drenched in sweat when it’s 90 degrees? I was on Kodiak and we got the winter they never had a few weeks ago. Sitka made it a lot less miserable. HECS is trash but the outerwear is very much worth the expense.

12-May-19
HECS only works in combination with one of those ozone contraptions. WWF facepaint also increases the effectiveness of the clown suit.

13-May-19
Fortunately, something thing you can absolutely be sure of; if you listen to all of the experts here on the bowsite, you will get amazingly accurate information...along with some cutting edge comedy as well. Sorry, I don’t have any experience with the product, but I wish more than just one guy that actually did would respond.

22-May-19
When HECS first came out I was given a prototype wetsuit from excel to test if sharks and fish can still sense you with it on. The theory was that in the water the fish (especially sharks) can sense the electrical fields. I found it to be complete bullshit in the water. Sharks all acted the same. On land they claim the same thing but through the air....yeah right. Does not work. Like someone posted earlier, get an ASAT leafy suit.

22-May-19
I received one as a gift last winter. The entire suit. I will have to wait till October to put it through the test ;)

22-May-19
I talked with the HECS guy at P&Y about how it worked in their videos on supposedly wild animals when the guy's head and face were uncovered. Those deer he walked up on appeared to be tame. I told him it seemed like all those electromagnetic death rays would be shooting out of the guy's face and hands anyway. He stammered around a bit and then said that's why they recommend the full suit....

22-May-19
I will personally pay for the suit if Pat will try it and do a feature review.

• Sitka Gear