orionsbrother 14-May-19
luckychucky 14-May-19
x-man 14-May-19
TJS 14-May-19
IdyllwildArcher 14-May-19
Bou'bound 15-May-19
Single bevel 15-May-19
14-May-19
How are you keeping from losing your phone while afield?

14-May-19
Keep it in my pocket unless using it. I rarely lose stuff. I am careful not to do that. Knock on wood...

14-May-19
Zippered pocket at all times.

14-May-19
I leave mine in the truck. This way I can't lose it and it more importantly it can't bother me.

14-May-19
I'm finding my phone phone too useful these days with all the mapping available today to leave in my truck. I'm taking it on a wilderness canoe fishing trip in a couple of weeks to replace my gps and camera. Will still carry map and compass.

14-May-19
Keep it in a leg pocket...lost it for the first time last Season, after we got evacuated for a Wildfire.

It was a bad Day!

14-May-19
I used to keep Zeiss mini's in my front shirt pocket by looping the tether through a button hole. There would be dozens of them on the bottom of the Bering Sea if I hadn't. Not sure your phones fit in a shirt pocket?????

14-May-19
When I'm canoeing, I just put my phone in a freezer Zip Lock.

When the wife is canoeing with the kids... we put her phone in a freezer Zip Lock inside of a freezer Zip Lock. Only needed that once when the kids decided to be funny on a warm summer day, but...

14-May-19
"...in a freezer Zip Lock." With a floaty thing attached to it so it doesn't sink. A dry phone at the bottom of the lake is of little use too... :)

14-May-19
I know some of you guy's don't want to take your phone or think you need it, but a charged up and turned off phone kept in a pocket or pack could be Very helpful in case of a emergency we don't plan on having. Good luck and happy hunting.

Kurt

14-May-19
After stopping for a while and before walking away, always look back 1 last time to make sure you didn't leave anything behind. Phone, gps, gloves, hat, bugle tube, etc. Easy to lose stuff that way.

14-May-19
I lost my iPhone 10 last year when I Elk hunted on Colorado. I decided when home early ( day 5) I had no phone. I used Onxmap on my phone, hundreds time I remembered zipped, one time I forgot.

14-May-19
It's always in the same pocket. In my Kuiu attacks, that's the left cargo pocket, anything else it's the left waist pocket. Never lose anything that way.

14-May-19

JohnMC's Link
Not a answer for not losing it but a couple things that can help if you do. One is "Find my phone" on Iphone I am sure the other brands have something similar. If you have service and someone in the group has a phone it will show via GPS where your phone is at.

Second is a "Tile". I have one on my keys and will show last place both were in blue tooth range of each other. Put a tile in your backpack and if you lose your phone it can help you find it. See link.

14-May-19
Whenever I'm hunting and I stand up after sitting and resting the same line goes through my mind every time...

It's Sgt. Elias played by Willem Defoe, from the movie Platoon :

"Police up your spare rounds and frags, don't leave nothing for the dinks"

That causes me to do a good look around and make sure I haven't left anything behind. It has served me well...

14-May-19
Pelican makes several waterproof containers for cell phones that are not expensive with a lanyard on them. I always use one when on the water or icefishing.

14-May-19
Pelican makes several waterproof containers for cell phones that are not expensive with a lanyard on them. I always use one when on the water or icefishing.

14-May-19
Like brotsky said. Zippered pocket.

14-May-19
Yeah Trapper. The Zip Lock encrusted phone goes into a small map pack clipped onto a thwart. Or something similar. Don't leave it lying around in the bottom of the canoe or stick it in a shirt pocket. Especially if you've got a few wiseacre kids.

14-May-19
My first hunt on a new lease I was depending on OnX to navigate. I did not realize what a battery drain OnX is especially under sketchy cell coverage. Phone died at sundown and it started to rain and I was soon tangled up in a swamp. Good thing I had a compass pinned to my pack. Since then a backup battery/charger is with my phone and all tethered to a zipper pocket.

14-May-19
My sons have had to use the "find my iphone" app at least three times that I remember, leaving it in the woods or falling out of a pocket.

14-May-19
Phone is security, for sure. It saved my life on one occasion. Trail riding on dual purpose cycle alone when crap happened. Took several attempts with spotty cell service to get a call out for the very necessary rescue. Phone is kept in chest pocket, zipped if possible. Keeps it handy and warm in the cold temps of winter hunts. Extra battery pack and needed cords are with me as well. Google maps are entertaining during hunts. I use a golf App to check distances to landmarks that are nearby while on stand. Security? You never know when help may be needed.

14-May-19

IdyllwildArcher's Link
Keep your phone in one of these and you don't have to worry about dropping it or getting it wet.

I keep mine in my front right pant pocket 365 days/yr. That way, I'll never leave it because my leg doesn't feel right walking without it.

I keep my ringer and the vibrator setting off so that it doesn't bug me.

15-May-19
Zipped pockets Or zipped pack are a well kept secret for how to not lose things........unless of course you have a habit of losing your pack or pants.

15-May-19
Zippered chest pocket while hunting. Dry bag in a dry bag when paddling. I changed my ring tone to a recording of turkey yelps and gobbles so I no longer need to turn off the ringer. Last year I dropped it off the tractor while brush hogging...had no idea exactly where it was within a couple acres so I called my phone with my wifes phone. I gotta say, the sounds of those "turkeys" was very comforting...kinda funny, too.

• Sitka Gear