ELKMAN 15-Jun-19
WapitiBob 15-Jun-19
ELKMAN 19-Jun-19
Junior 04-Jul-19
WapitiBob 05-Jul-19
Junior 05-Jul-19
14-May-19

ELKMAN's Link
This is a cool little run through on the new technology the Reckoning is bringing to the industry, how it works, and just how easy it is to use it with no real need for a press.

14-May-19
That's an amazing bow. I think I'll be trading in my realm for one.

14-May-19
It's funny how even though my current bowtech is setup and shooting all broadheads like darts I feel like the need for a new bow lol. I was talking to my brother and he made that point and it was like "oh right, I guess I am OK at the moment lol."

14-May-19
Adam I bet you can get your current set up to shoot darts for years and years to come.... By that logic you might never need a new bow.

14-May-19
This cam drive technology may be the single best technological breakthrough the archery industry has ever seen. I really hope BT has strong patent claims... because no doubt there will be other companies following suit very soon.... mark my words.

14-May-19
That is good stuff. Guess I could get past the different look. Eager to see what other bowtech models have the same cams next year. Might be time to switch back from Hoyt.

15-May-19
There will be several new models with the technology next year. Different specs etc...

15-May-19
Can't believe it took this long for a bow company to figure this out.

15-May-19
I have one its a great tune aid very easy and no tophats

15-May-19
I agree with midwest. This is not new technology, just current, actually old, simple technology applied to a bow. It is a great application that actually solves a problem. Not just a bell or whistle created to solve a problem that does not exist. I am a believer that this is game changing. This makes me want a new bow. Maybe in a few years.

16-May-19
I was a little bit surprised that in the video he didn't go in the opposite direction for making the point. As in shooting it through paper and getting a bad hole, then making adjustment and getting a bullet hole? Either way it makes no difference the capability was shown. Just though it was odd that he chose to take the bow out of tune to show it. LOL!

16-May-19
I think the video was a bit of an afterthought, hence the de-tune rather than the tune.

I also wish there was better clarification on exactly when and where during the draw cycle that the laser hits the opposing cam. In my experience that happens somewhere between full draw and brace. Usually at the peak of the draw force curve.

17-May-19
Just depends on the shooter and the bow individually...

17-May-19
https://youtu.be/Xr49hQATlzU

17-May-19
I love it, makes tuning way easier. Sure my Realm is driving tacks, but if I can eliminate the need for a press, even better!

17-May-19
Okay, that's a pretty amazing video. Thanks! Now I want one......

17-May-19
I want one with a 7 inch brace and 33" A to A. Guessing they will come with something similar in a 31 or 32" A to A next year.

17-May-19
At first I didn't like the looks of the bow when it was released and never been a Bowtech fan. Mainly because of all the limb issues. But now that I have really paid attention to it, I can see how it can help being accurate and easy to tune. Price is a little high though.

17-May-19
I’ll be curious to see if people are in for a non carbon bow at the price point they’re asking.

17-May-19
Yikes. I had not even checked the price.

17-May-19
A lot out of my price range.

17-May-19
$1,499.00 MSRP

17-May-19
RECKONING $1119 $1019 $985 $1399 $1499 the $1,499 is MSRP, the $1,399 is MAP, the others are tier levels of pricing for dealers

18-May-19
I think most dealers will sell this bow at $1,300. But who knows. My guess is that the price is a relation to this first iteration of this technology being slightly more geared towards being an all around/3-D model. Being that Hoyt and PSE target models are $1,500 to $1,700 I think that is what they are addressing. My guess is next years hunting releases will be more in line with the general aluminum market, but who knows they are the only ones offering this technology and it is probably actually worth the extra $300 bucks to be honest.

23-May-19
They seem to be hitting their numbers from what I'm hearing and seeing. Still haven't had time to sit down and do a full run down and review. Good to see a bunch of them showing up now though.

29-May-19

WapitiBob's embedded Photo

29-May-19
Ooooooooh, Bobby!

29-May-19
Bob.....your tempting me to go spend money :)

29-May-19
Kind of nice laying an arrow on both cams and having them parallel to the string right outta the box.

Tune a bit tomorrow, shoot some field and hunter on Friday then we have a 900 round on Saturday. Hopefully it won’t be in the classifieds on Sunday.

29-May-19
Give us a full review after the weekend, please!

30-May-19
Yes!

30-May-19
Have to hand it to Bowtech on this one, that cam adjustment system is nice.

30-May-19
I just read that the USA won the archery World Cup beating Russia. The winner used a Reckoning. Says something about the accuracy built in.

30-May-19
Well, that was easy.

Went old school last night and just shot into a bale, slight nock right at 12 yards. Moved the cams out one wrench flat. Wrong way, so I moved them in two wrench flats, bingo. Shot today thru paper, nock high, slight right. Re set my nock point and tied on a correct length loop, no other adjustments. 3/16" high tear and left it. Started shooting and groups were slightly larger than last night and draw felt a touch long so I moved the stops about .050" and started stuffing them. Almost too easy.

Bottom of arrow bisects Berger hole (at full draw), l/r is right down the alignment groove in the grip, cams are 1 wrench flat "in" from factory. Nock set (under arrow nock) is maybe 1/16 above zero.

It draws a little funky; first 1” is flat then the cable hits the module so you feel that bump, smooth after that till the last 1” then it drops into a flat valley and I’m hard into the wall. When you try to let down it doesn’t want to go, I have to move it forward to make it go.

Forgot to mention, one turn into the btm end of string for peep rotation and it doesn't move a lick from brace to full draw.

30-May-19

You can see here where you need to draw a bit before the cable gets up onto the mod.

30-May-19
Nobody’s trying to sell you a bow.

30-May-19
Bob I think he's trying totalk himself out of buying a new bow? I love bow tech

30-May-19
Probably the 2nd best looking bow for 2019 behind a Hoyt Prevail.

30-May-19
Thanks for the review, Bob. I hope you enjoy the hell out of that bow. I think they look cool as sh!t.

...and if I didn't, I'd just keep it to myself and not be a dick.

30-May-19
Im just trying to resist buying a new Bowtech in general.

The SS and SR6 are just fantastic, but Im shooting my Nitrum Turbo better than ever after changing out grip so its hard justifying spending the $$$

31-May-19
I think it is most likely Bowtech's best ever. Holds great, easy to tune, looks great, pretty fast, quiet, vibe free, deflex riser, true do it all bow. Oh, and Josh at SVA really does know his stuff.

31-May-19
For the win!

"Thanks for the review, Bob. I hope you enjoy the hell out of that bow. I think they look cool as sh!t.

...and if I didn't, I'd just keep it to myself and not be a dick.

31-May-19
Jtv do you still drive a 1997 f-150 because it gets you from A-B, do you live in a double wide trailer on wheels because it provides cover from the rain? Nobody needs a new bow, but it’s fun and exciting. And no, your 2006 allegiance doesn’t hold a candle to a new bow, and this coming from someone who loved his tribute.

31-May-19
Agreed with Scoot and Leftee ^^^ I think it's a great looking bow. Actually best looking bow of 2019 for my taste especially in person. And if you don't want to spend money DO NOT shoot/tune this bow... Nuff said.

02-Jun-19
Love the looks and technology of this bow. Thanks for the report Bob !

02-Jun-19
^^^. Good damage control on the Dickness........

02-Jun-19
String still hasn't moved, pretty impressive for factory strings. Moved the stops another .050 to bump up the holding weight; it added 1# to peak and 4# to holding. Mods and stops, both set at 30 even was close to 85% letoff. I haven't tried moving the mod to 30-1/2" and leaving the stops at 30". That's supposed to change the curve a bit. Haven't turned mods to performance either.

The bow is awful quiet too. Has a unique sound; best I can describe is a "carbon thud". I suspect it's from the carbon string stop and it's vib dampener.

03-Jun-19
Sounds like a winner Bob. Amazing just how much customization this system offers. The ones I have worked on have all been a pleasure to shoot and tune, and I agree with regards to just how quiet and dead this bow is. I kind of expected it to have a little more feed back due the longer ATA and riser.

04-Jun-19
I tried the performance disk yesterday for the first time and she won't be living there. pretty good hump at the end. Comfort is smooth all the way.

04-Jun-19
About the same size as a Realm X and shoots very,very well.Definitely a bow worth shooting if you're in the market.My X is for sale and the SR6 just became backup.

04-Jun-19
I have one on order, was hoping it would be here by now. But, i know it will be worth the wait. Got a blue one, still will be hunting with my Realm X this fall.

04-Jun-19
I am hunting with the Realm X this year as well. That bow is blowing my mind.

09-Jun-19
So hows it settling in for you Bob?

15-Jun-19
Are you still shooting stock threads on that bow Bob? Or are/have you changed them out? If you are: Have they moved much? The sets on my Realm Xs have been quite impressive.

15-Jun-19
Haven’t touched the bow since I moved those stops. Factory strings haven’t moved a lick; peep still straight at brace and full draw. It’s a keeper, shooting better than I’m holding.

Partner has a realm x and is looking at the reckoning but the X is just shooting too good for him. State field is next week and he’ll probably be mid 550’s with that realm.

Oh, I heard the 38 reckoning was done and being cycle tested.

19-Jun-19
Awesome to hear. I am having the same experience with my Realm X both in strings, and shooting. Amazing how well that bow holds, and how easy it is to manipulate the tune. I am actually really excited about that Reckoning 38. Have you heard which ATA/brace they've settled on for the shorter more hunting specific version?

04-Jul-19
I'm due for a new one, or actually my son is due a handme down ;) That's the excuse anyway!....like to try the 38!

05-Jul-19
I’ve not heard anything further about the 38.

05-Jul-19
Thank Bob...I kinda wonder if a longer ata is really that much more forgiving now a days vs the extra weight.

• Sitka Gear