pav 15-May-19
David A. 15-May-19
JTreeman 15-May-19
JTreeman 15-May-19
leftee 15-May-19
leftee 15-May-19
leftee 15-May-19
14-May-19
I'm in the market for a new ground blind before next year. Primary use will be bow hunting turkeys. Looking for recommendations...

14-May-19

Dino's embedded Photo
Dino's embedded Photo
I used the 360 DB a lot...but upgraded to the Xenek blind, although the set up is a little more tricky, it's A better hunting blind because of the soft sided fabric that allows better shooting windows.

14-May-19
Hard to beat a T5 . I think you have one already. I will second the. Xenek blind. Very nice once it is up:). Hunt

14-May-19

Rock's embedded Photo
Rock's embedded Photo
I actually prefer the Redneck Hay Bale Blind, as long as you can drive to where you want to set it up as it is not a good choice if you have to carry it very far.

14-May-19
Check out Pat's turkey hunt feature on the homepage. Gives a full review of his new Summit.

14-May-19
Agree the one Pat has looks like the real deal.

14-May-19
Tough to beat a double bull for value, durability, ease of setup, and portability.

14-May-19

Brotsky's Link
Great blind for the $$$

14-May-19
Bought a new double bull surroundview 270 this spring. Went with the 270 as I wanted at least 1 black wall for a background. I like the vertical windows for shooting out of. Unmatched views. So cool sitting in there and feeling like you are in the wide open. Killed my two birds out of it and can't wait for next spring.

14-May-19
Wish I could find a stash of DB Matrix 360's. Still my favorite and I've used quite a few.

14-May-19
Db and xenek are my favorite two I’ve used.

14-May-19
I really like my DB T5 but it isn't made any longer. Pat's review caught my attention and I am going to look into the Summit as my two boys keep getting bigger;)

15-May-19
Hard to beat the DBs and their variants including the Surround Views but lately have been using the Shack Attacks by Primos as well.Rig up a carrying kit slightly bigger than it comes in,swing it on one shoulder and go.2 hubs and lightweight make the ‘in the dark’ set ups quick and easy.

15-May-19
Seems good but this is my first year on them. Heavy material and expect no trouble from it. The 2 hubs appear to be solid and typical Primos reliability.

15-May-19
DO NOT BUY a MUDDY blind! My family bought me MUDDY last spring for fathers day! I like it at first, then a couple of the stake loops pulled away from the blind! It was due to the sewing! Now all of the stake loops have pulled loose from the blind and now 3 of the pole pockets(inside) have let go! ALL of this is due to who ever they had make them! I like the pattern on blind! If just the sewing would of been better! Just my $.02!

15-May-19

midwest's embedded Photo
midwest's embedded Photo
Checking out the Summits, too. I like the corner window configurations on the Vital 2P. I would cut out the mesh or at least the bottom portion of it in all the windows.

15-May-19
There's no way that Summit would work for me. There is almost always some elevation change between blind and decoys where I turkey hunt and we have a large variation in archer height in my family. Adjustable windows are a must have.

15-May-19
I still hold the DB Dark Horse as the gold standard. I have many of them.

I had three Xenek blinds and sold them. I loved the front window better than any other blind, but that is where it ended for me. The shine on the fabric is horrible and I painted all of mine to dull it down. The setup is horrible and not stealthy at all.

Last fall I bought a Barronett OX4 to try out. I can honestly say that these things are outstanding. Pretty stealthy to setup and tear down. A great front window (not Xenek but definitely Dark Horse if not better). Very nice materials and the most waterproof shell that I have ever sat in. Stubble straps to brush in for deer. Super dark on the inside. Nice door. Priced right too. The couple of negatives ... they don't have a ceiling opening which is handy in hot climates to vent heat and the rear windows are tiny slits that are tough to peak out of. But overall, I think these are the best blind for my needs that are being made currently.

15-May-19
My personal favorite is the DB BS5. Still have one...although the predator green camo is somewhat faded. Considering giving a soaking in CamoRestore...or a new paint job. That said, my DB Dark Horse has served me well too.

15-May-19
Xenon looks fine for turkey but for big game, would be a poor choice due to very poor scent control - very airy. No bottom edge flaps, so you would have to dig up dirt to seal the floor edge gaps. Would also prefer more green in the camp pattern.Should have more brush loops, particularly more on the roof.

Personally, I prefer a blind bag, the solution is to have a bag that is made with enough room for a blind to fit in. Anyway, having a blind bag with good shoulder straps allows me to put in a collapsable stool, plus prevents odor contamination during transport and storage. None of this would add that much to the price to have done right. That said I complement them on the door system and slider windows.

I think the new Rhino blinds may be pretty good, but they won't be available until around August.

15-May-19
I’ll weigh in as I’ve been shopping for a blind as well, I’m usually shopping for something hunting related....

I don’t have a favorite right now. I mainly have been using a 8-9 year old bass pro shops 5 hub that I like as good as anything. No idea the actual brand or model and I’m sure it’s not available any more. That said I have hunted out of pretty much every one listed here and they all have pros and cons.

Certainly not to be argumentation with leftee, but that attack shack is one of my least favorite of the bunch. I own one and really don’t see the advantage. It’s rwally not that much lighter, it really isn’t that compact IMO. I’m not a fan of the windows, and for bowhunting (specifically turkeys) I prefer the windows on the “back” of it. Seems all loose and floppy no matter how I set it up, just not my favorite, but obviously other opinions differ.

I have looked at rhino and the Xenek, and have hunted out of both, I think both are very good. I am personally drawn to the “surround-view” type be it the double bull version of the summit that pat has. I have NOT used either of those, but think I’ll buy one (or both) in the near future. I really like the visibility, but I couldn’t do the 360, really need some back drop.

Enjoying the thread and all the suggestions, but you guys really aren’t helping my bank account!

—Jim

15-May-19

JTreeman's embedded Photo
JTreeman's embedded Photo
Attack shack in action, I can really take it or leave it though. I prefer the original double bull T3 being the same style, just seems like a better blind overall.

—Jim

15-May-19
Jim I hear ya on the back of the Shack. One more stake helps and don’t stretch it as far.The front window is the best I have and while the length makes it a pain for most to carry(forget a blind hog or any backpack concept),just create a bag with straps like the one it comes with except about 2 inches wider so it slides in easier.Mine are a lot lighter than say a DB and carry easier with the pack mentioned.With a backpack of clothes,chair,2 dekes and lunch on my back,bow in hand,it slips over one shoulder like a golf bag and makes me as mobile as my 76 years allow.Often a mile or 2 in. Really then balances well in hilly terrain as well.

I have 2 of the Surround Views,the 180 and the 270.Like them a lot except they are a SOB to set up and less than ideal in rain.The 360 now comes with a blackout curtain to use on one wall if desired but I think the ideal is a 270. As you said,to each his own.

15-May-19
Yes looks and sounds good. Only concerned about the shooting windows and how they lower,need to see one.

15-May-19
Meant to add that ‘snap wrap’ system looks great and definitely will pick one of those up.

• Sitka Gear