Forest bows 16-May-19
Mt. man 16-May-19
Huntcell 16-May-19
TD 16-May-19
Bou'bound 16-May-19
timex 16-May-19
svrelk 17-May-19
14-May-19
It would no longer be fun if my hunting turned into a covert hobby.

14-May-19
I definitely hear what you are saying. It really seems the "job" of being a politician has just become job of getting elected and then re-elected. What happens in the middle doesn't seem to matter any more.

I only take one issue with your comment above. Really don't want to be thrown into the same category as "potheads" lol!

In answer to your pole though, I buy my licenses every year and follow the rules set before me but take away my hunting rights completely and I guess I'll become an Outlaw.

And Pat, no regrets!

14-May-19
If they outlaw hunting I will be on the top ten most wanted list.

14-May-19
Perhaps you read my post on the grizzly bear thread. Call me Josey Wales!

14-May-19
Don’t piss down my back and tell me it’s raining Mule Power! :-)

Count me in the outlaw camp.

14-May-19
@Midwest

"It would no longer be fun if my hunting turned into a covert hobby."

It would be a much different kind of fun

14-May-19
I'm your Huckleberry...

14-May-19
Not sure we can ignore the ridiculous laws, unless you have a reasonable chance of that law being overturned. Example: here in VA a number of hunters (maybe including me) went hunting on Sundays before Sunday hunting became legal in 2014. As you mentioned the potheads have pushed the envelope because they knew their day was coming. It's worked for them.

No, I don't think hunting grizzly bears if grizzlies are fully protected in the lower 48 would be a good idea.

Unlike hunting on Sundays on private land or smoking pot somebody will care enough to report you for hunting a grizzly.

"When the last deer disappears into the morning mist, When the last elk vanishes from the hills, When the last buffalo falls on the plains, I will hunt mice for I am a hunter and I must have my freedom." Chief Joseph, Nez Perce tribe

14-May-19
Ever hear of this guy they called Robin Hood? An outlaw for killing "the King's deer" and feeding starving villages.

Gonna have to go with a different handle though, not "Robin Hood"..... maybe something like "Bond.... James Bond...."

14-May-19
I am going to be a outlaw and a pothead:)

14-May-19
Besides family that’s what I live for. Mind is almost always on it been that way since I was a kid count me in.

14-May-19
Our politicians aren't in the game for the good of the people anymore. I hate politics, but I don't know if I'd turn outlaw unless it was a full fledged evolution.

14-May-19
Outlaw all the way...

14-May-19
“.....hunting turned into a covert hobby."

Hunting covertly is most stimulating as it amps up the senses as you are not only hunting but you are being hunted weather for real (enforcement action being taken) or imagined (possibility of being caught).

Now a whole different set of actions and concepts need to be considered while hunting. Stealth mode needs to be your A game not only to acquire the quarry but not to be acquired by the authorities.

WoW!!! potentially exciting times ahead!

14-May-19
There's been a couple threads on this exact same subject over the past 5-6 years.

I'd absolutely be an outlaw. I would try to follow the old laws and not diminish the resourse as best as I could, but no way will I ever stop hunting, no matter what.

On a related note, who's taking these bans to the SCOTUS? If you decide to be the sacrificial lamb, Pat, I'm sure you could start a GoFundMe for your legal expenses and a lot of us would contribute.

On another related note, how many of our rights do they threaten/take away before we as hunters march on Washington DC and demand that as a minority group, we stop being persecuted?

14-May-19
The law is being ignore every day with the illegals coming in and non-enforcement. It is a cherry pick law enforcement just like in any banana republic. Just attended a wake for my wife's cousin and some came in from Ma. and Ct. to Ia., a noticeable pc attitude that is carried about different ideology, more so with their kids than older ones. Was ask if I still hunt and I said I do and enjoy eating fresh bloody liver right after the kill, thought I was a savage.

14-May-19
I just had my son in firearms safety. The instructors said that approximately 9% of the population hunts, 9% are anti-hunting and 82% are neutral non-hunters. It is those neutral folks that ultimately determine if we will keep hunting. Every bad hunting image scenario lessens our future hunting hope as it will recruit more anti-hunters from the neutral crowd. If we keep our image clean, it betters our chances of keeping our hunting heritage. But if it is taken away, I'll be an outlaw on the back forty.

14-May-19
I am sure all of our minds have been there more than a time or two. The problem with that line of thinking at this point in time, is that it is a slippery slope. For me, it is an intrinsic battle I fight not very unlike contentment. If I say, for sure, I would be an outlaw later, because the laws are ridiculous, then I run into a logical problem because we have ridiculous laws today.

Where I live here in Manitoba, based 100% on race or skin color, one race is allowed to hunt 24/7/365, bait whitetails, shoot rifles in bow zones etc. Now I know this has been discussed at nausea, but I never did anything to "owe" anything to anyone. This line of thinking tells me "screw it, if the natives can shoot multiple animals and bait, then I'm going to as well." And there's a fair portion of the population that ends up going that way here. But it just isn't worth it. If I was to get busted for poaching a whitetail next fall, not only will I have hunting issues, but my business reputation could be affected, and everyone here would lynch me before I could say a word. I've seen the threads where guys were busted for something. Everyone LOVES throwing stones. This thread, and the raw raw attitude would be a thing of the past when it comes time to stone someone.

Like you, sometimes a guy almost feels like it would be easier if the entire thing was illegal, because then I wouldn't have to worry about checking off all the little boxes. In my own personal reflection, this thinking does me NO good. I'm much better off thinking about how good I DO have it, and go from there.

14-May-19
Here’s my deal. Just because something is illegal doesn’t make it wrong. And just because something is legal, doesn’t make it right.

Our country was founded upon freedom and liberty. But even here on bowsite, there are tons of guys willing to take things away from somebody else simply because they don’t agree with it.

Think baiting and now apparently, Mylar balloons.

Anyone wonder why the antis WILL WIN? Because they can all get on the same page. Hunters can’t.

Too many here even on these boards are willing to make a new law against somebody else.

Instead of rating our lawmakers with the laws they make, rate them on the laws they get rid of.

Too many suits telling us what to do. Too many people willing to give it up. They work for us. Not the other way around. But even here on these boards, there’s those who think the law makers are some sort of God. Civil disobedience, that’s what America is about. I absolutely will fight against a bullshit law. We owe it to our country, ourselves, and our children.

14-May-19
We as hunters CHOOSE to be hunters. Its not a race/color/creed/religion/etc so it would be difficult to demand rights.

14-May-19
"Now remember, when things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is."

"It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men."

If it comes down to it I'm gonna get mad dog mean and that might mean hunting guerilla style. No double tongue is going to take away my God given right to hunt.

14-May-19
Of course we all have stopped hunting of some sort or another because it has been outlawed. Big example is sheep. There are thousands if not tens of thousand that would want to be sheep hunting this fall. And would be but it has been outlawed except for a select few tag holders.

For now the vast majority are following the restrictive bans on hunting some sort of species at sometime somewhere. Wasn’t that crazy Big Fins crew found two poached rams on a Breaks hunt.

14-May-19
Huntcell, those restriction are based upon sound biological reasons in following the North American model of game management. We're talking about banning hunts for political reasons in the grizzly's case. Two very different things.

14-May-19
One more reason to buy land where you can escape to if it ever hits the fan....

14-May-19
I hear you and I think the crossbow folks are already there at least many around here are.

14-May-19
I hear you and I think the crossbow folks are already there at least many around here are.

14-May-19
I know this is not a post about crossbows. I think your point was however about being over regulated to the point many consider breaking the law.

14-May-19
I know this is not a post about crossbows. I think your point was however about being over regulated to the point many consider breaking the law.

14-May-19
I would start hunting sheep first... in Colorado... Ed F

14-May-19
I try to follow a 100% integrity rule. I try not to break any laws.

It will come to a point some day where I will break laws, intentionally. i.e. Mom bought herself a sports car one fall, a WRX, fast little buggy. I took her for a drive and broke laws intentionally. " I wanted to". I got pulled over doing 110 ish. Cop asked if I knew how fast I was going, I responded yes withing a couple of miles per. He asked why and I told the truth, I wanted to.

There will come a day where I "may" break a law again, because "I want to". As mentioned before it will have to be at a time where it will not affect my business, my family. I am willing to risk my reputation, but don't want that to affect my family. i.e. my kids are recent college grads and trying to find jobs here at home. I don't want to do something stupid and mess that up for them. There will be a time. For example I may set an age limit and say if I have not drawn a moose tag by such and such age, I'm going to poach one. So far I have aprox. 40 years of applying for moose tags, and never drawn one. Hmmmm maybe in another 20 years If I still have not drawn one, I will join the ranks of the local natives and just shoot one.

oz

14-May-19
Oz when you get caught just tell the judge you already paid the fine three times in lotto applications! In all seriousness if hunting is banned there goes the game warden, biologist, and land money.

14-May-19
Good point spike

14-May-19
Hmmm probably better to ask forgiveness than permission Lewis

14-May-19
Because it's a law doesn't mean it's just. Throughout history unjust laws were broken, and this will continue as long as laws are put into place that are unjust.

14-May-19
I'll do what's right. If what's right isn't legal, I won't be telling anyone on the web about it.

14-May-19
Whats wrong with smoking a little pot?I smoked it every day for years,no problem...Now people just call me "Special" or maybe a little slow.

I'm not for breaking laws,but if they outlaw hunting I'm Jesse James AND I'm gonna start up a still to keep me fat and happy! Go Big or Go Home.

14-May-19
I would still hunt. Hunting in eastern MA is pretty much a covert activity now. Place is lousy with liberals and dems.

14-May-19
I have hunted all my life and I am now 74. I am at a point that I have to give it up because of my back problems. I have been looking forward to one more sheep hunt and a brown bear hunt with my son in Alaska. It's coming to a point that there will have to be another civil war in our country where we can get rid of these worthless Liberals. JMHO. I don't associate with Liberals (period).

14-May-19
Better idea, tie the Liberals to a tree in bear country and smear them with honey.

14-May-19
Time to invest in more night vision and suppressors! And of course HECS camo!

14-May-19
I have always disobeyed stupid laws I to hunted on Sunday in va since I was in my 20s. just stayed low profile. argument so it's ok to drink beer & kill fish but not hunt game ??? as for pot I smoked enough as a kid to fill a truck bed & may would still take a hit if I didn't have random drug tests to keep my cdl. but the fact that pot is illegal & alcohol is not is absolutely stupid. 3 friends of mine literally drank themselves dead several other friends are still alive but alcohol destroyed there lives . after the accidental death of my 5 year old sister my mom crawled inside a vodka bottle & never came out & I bet not a single person on this forum hasent been affected by alcoholism in one way or another yet it's legal & pot is not so stupid

14-May-19
Might doesn’t equate to right.

Success comes from good decisions. Bad decisions shouldn’t be relegated to an ethereal of blissful entrapment (e.g., “We are a nation of laws, so I must do as I’m told.”).

I’m just an Appalachian hillbilly anyway. Count me in on the outlaw crowd.

I serve as a chaplain to my local Sheriff’s Dept. I serve those guys when they need a counselor, put my life on the line every time I ride with them WITHOUT A WEAPON STRAPPED TO MY SIDE, and do it because I care about them.

I’d be the first to take up arms against tyranny too, if it came to that.

Ethics aren’t for those without dirty hands. Go read Elizabeth Fiorenza on that one.

Peace

14-May-19
Problem is we’re either a nation of laws or we’re not.

If we’re not, you’re going to find that a bunch of people will follow your lead on stuff they don’t like either. And you may not enjoy the result.

14-May-19
TxHunter, I hear what you’re saying, pal. I get it.

I’d say that nobody lives that way though. No single society has ever lived by that principle you cite 100%.

Example: Kratom is an opioid like drug that is coming to the town nearest you. It’s legal, but gives an opioid like high and carries terrible side affects, with addiction that manifests life’s unmanageable. It’s legal though, so...

I see the Sherrif’s guys pull people over all the time and never write a ticket for a plethora of reasons. Less than %25 of the time does a traffic related ticket occur, and when it does there’s usually a real safety risk involved.

Common sense...

Whatever happened to decency and common sense?

14-May-19
Maybe we're hunting the wrong species

14-May-19
Regret nothing....

14-May-19
I predict that will change very soon Junior....this country is hopelessly seperated and winn never come together. It`s time to acknowledge the marriage is over. Amiacable divorce or Civil War.....I`m cool with either.

14-May-19
"Problem is we’re either a nation of laws or we’re not. If we’re not, you’re going to find that a bunch of people will follow your lead on stuff they don’t like either. And you may not enjoy the result."

BINGO!!! And it's not just the stoners that they caved in to, but the illegal aliens also. "Sanctuary" cities/states that ignore Federal law??? How about a "sanctuary" city/state from the IRS???

And eventually the people who DO have to follow the laws while others get to ignore them will start thinking, "What the hell, am I garbage or something?" And then the trouble starts.

14-May-19
I would bet that after the last couple idiotic posts Pat really is regretting this thread... "hunting the wrong species," "Amicable divorce and civil war." both very regrettable statements. Maybe some of you guys should take a nice long vacation in someplace like say... Venezuela for a little perspective on just how "bad" you really have here in the good ole USA. You can respond if you like but I won't be back to revisit this thread. Pete

14-May-19
I don’t buy into the we’re a nation of laws BS. Yeah we have laws. But because we are a nation of laws, we have to abide by bullshit? The SS and gestapo were just following their laws. Again, just because it’s legal doesn’t make it right. And just because it illegal doesn’t make it wrong.

14-May-19
I've always been a hunter. And, will always be a hunter. It is that simple.

14-May-19
Yep..... You’ll regret it.

14-May-19
You stop hunting for herd management and species bounce back when necessary.

Not because some dipshit politician says so...

14-May-19
I said it here: within ten years there will be a revolution if things keep going in this direction. Sooner or later the right is not going to keep standing by and taking the left's irrationality, idiocy, and bullying. I am just glad its the right that has the most weapons.

14-May-19
i will be a hit man for the Outlaw Gang...

14-May-19
Seems like you have a problem with "potheads". Geez get with the times. I smoke everyday, it's the only thing that makes me mellow. How many are your friends get wasted and do dumb things? Anyone ever been blacked out and dont remember what they did?Alcohol does far more worse things than pot could ever do. Trust me I own a liquor store.

As far as the laws. If hunting ever became illegal, yes i would still hunt. It's my passion and I wont give that up. Gotta take a stand at some point.

14-May-19
Bye Pete too bad your not around to read this.

15-May-19
Pat, I'm going to hunt. I promise.

15-May-19
If hunting is outlawed then you can't say you won't stop hunting. At that point your activity ceases to be hunting. It is called poaching and with it carries a whole series of possible negative outcomes. Before you become a poacher I would hope that you would wade into the political foray and fight for a reversal. I would hope that your passion would have you call everyone that you thought you could get to show up at the capitol steps for a political rally to support ethical hunting practices and that you would make the anti-hunter shrink in fear and shame for what they have attempted to impose upon you. If we want the tables to turn then we have to be willing to roll up our sleeves, organize and show up. We need to show up at town hall meetings and put these politicians in the hot seat for voting against sound wildlife management and we need to pack the house (townhouse meeting) with our people to create a feeling of power for the politician to change his mind about these concepts. These are different days but please do not stoop to the level of a poacher.

15-May-19
when my kids were home & I was working 6-7 days a week to support my family & get a house paid off often times Sunday was the only day I had to get into the woods to kill some game if that made me a poacher then so be it !!! no hunting on Sunday is a stupid law with absolutely no merrit

15-May-19
I could never envision not hunting at all. Worst case, scale it back and only hunt my own land. It's not like anyone is going to hear me shoot!

15-May-19
Put it this way... there’s a difference between legal and ethical. They used to mean the same thing until politics, money, and a new breed of man, some wearing women’s clothing, started having an influence on wildlife management. As long as I’m ethical I will sleep at night.

15-May-19
Wow think how much cheaper it would be! Im in for sheep, goats and moose

15-May-19
APauls x 1,000,000

15-May-19
"Before you become a poacher I would hope that you would wade into the political foray and fight for a reversal." Agree, would be fighting til the end, but if/when it all failed, I'd be eating game. Swampbuck, somewhat agree with ^^, but I'm thinking we'd be fighting off poachers/trespassers way more than we'd be hunting if it came to that. Bottom line is we can't ever let it come to that, as in Shaft's post.

15-May-19
Welcome to NJ... where your hunting rights hang on a thread from year to year depending on who’s in the governors office

15-May-19
Just think of the logistics. If every hunter became a poacher and they all got caught, that's 30 million people, can the court system cope? Is there enough jail space? If they were just issued with fines and nobody paid then back through the court system we go. Passive resistance is an option!

15-May-19
Wait....I thought we hated poachers and wanted them dead....I'm so confused!

15-May-19
I’ll be hunting......regardless

15-May-19
It is getting harder and harder to not just ignore the idiots in "control" of this mess...

15-May-19
I’d mail in my license fee ( with a nice 3% annual CPI bump) every year with a note saying YALL KNOW WHAT ITS ABOUT

15-May-19
So who gets to decide what laws are just or right and which are wrong and should be ignored? Sounds like sanctuary cities to me. What's the difference? Laws need to be followed or changed.

15-May-19
I'd love to say that I'd be this big rebel and keep on hunting, but the fact is, I wouldn't. I think always looking over my shoulder to make sure I don't get caught would suck all the enjoyment out of it. I'd probably get some chickens and maybe a few goats. I know for a fact that I'd do a whole lot more fishing.

15-May-19
Fishing is mean (fish are people too)...that will be next on their agenda. RE: Carp fishing in CT. has been banished, remember?

15-May-19
Shaft X2

15-May-19
Bowhunting is my life......but my freedom is more important. I’d fight the fight where it needs to happen.....those who make policy. JMO

15-May-19
I am good, but probably not good enough to keep you out of the pokey. In fact, after the dust settles, I would probably be sitting beside you as my ability to deal with pure idiots keeps diminishing as I get older.

15-May-19
The problem I see, is that we have all gotten way too lazy....way to compliant. We have taken for granted what we have had all along, and now many of those things are being threatened. Our enemies do not understand compromise, an this generation is full of young folks who vote solely on emotion...facts be damned, and simply do not matter to them. What scares me is the fact that, we are 2%, Antis are 2%, and the middle is comprised of the other 96%. We are going to lose, if we don't start doing something about it NOW! Confront your senators, congressman, legislators, and voice your displeasure with them, through email, phone calls, faxes, whatever. On the same token, if they are fighting for you, and you are pleased with them, let them know you appreciate what they are doing.

The American way of life is what is under attack....not just hunting certain species of predatory animals. Ask yourselves what needs to happen for you to take action. This country was founded by a small majority of folks....something like 3% of the population is all it took to spark the flames of revolution. How much are you willing to take, before you start to push back?

As to the original topic of this thread....hell yeah, I'd keep hunting.

15-May-19
Reminds of a friend of mines story of an old fella in there Duck Club. He was getting towards the last years of his hunting abilities. He had always dreamed of going into the protected refuge nearby and hunting. There were tens of thousands of birds there. So one day he did. He went in and shot till he was tired of shooting. Then sat down waiting for wardens to come and pick him up.

15-May-19

TrapperKayak's embedded Photo
TrapperKayak's embedded Photo
"Ask yourselves what needs to happen for you to take action." Its going to take the equivalent of this to jolt us out of this stupor, unless we get our collective $#!+ together NOW and prevent it from happening.

15-May-19
Ever notice that when Pat starts a thread it's usually a really good thought provoking thread, and then he just bails and watches the carnage?

15-May-19
I think most if us obey the laws and follow the rules each state imposes because we believe, in general, that they are looking out for the best interests of the wildlife and hunters. You may disagree with the management philosophy, but within those constraints they try to keep the herds healthy and promote hunting opportunity. If the goals of wildlife management were completely taken over by bunny hugger idiocy, I would not feel too bad breaking them.

15-May-19
I'd have no problem going outlaw. None whatsoever.

15-May-19
I can see that new "cloaking" camo I've been sitting on is going to be a hit soon!

15-May-19
"At what point do we start ignoring some of these ridiculous, political laws?"

- the point of subsistence, herd health and/or the realistic expectation of getting away with it. Honestly, if it gets ridiculous enough, we have a moral obligation for noncompliance. And while not wholly arbitrary, that point will be different for each of us. For the sake of a stable society, it would be best to avoid mining those points.

15-May-19
Years ago I landed my Super Cub at the Slippery Ann runway to meet a sheep hunter to do some pre season scouting in the Missouri Breaks. When we returned I was approached by a usfw individual who informed me I was not welcome at this taxpayer owned facility. Received a certified letter a couple weeks later to make that official. Always wanted to go back in an act of civil disobedience to challenge that. But I realized the federal government has way more and better legal resources than me.

I’m of the opinion that if one chooses to go against what they deem unjust/wrong they must also be ready to fight the fight and live with the ultimate outcome.

I wasn’t willing to put my family/self through that.

15-May-19
I hope they Tax the crap out of the people who ever vote to ban hunting to cover for the hunting revenue loss. It’s not just fish and wildlife revenue loss either. How many millions are spent and donated towards hunting gear conservation organizations like NWTF, DU etc x100s. Thousands of lost jobs, more like millions. There are small rural towns that survive only because of the hunters dollars spent during hunting season.

I’m against breaking the law to hunt, But if someone seriously needs to feed his family because of an economic situation I would turn a blind eye towards that. Just don’t go out and kill the biggest deer or bull around and say we need the meat. Having said that if they ban all hunting look out. There aren’t enough wardens to stop that.

15-May-19
"I think most if us obey the laws and follow the rules each state imposes because we believe, in general, that they are looking out for the best interests of the wildlife and hunters. You may disagree with the management philosophy, but within those constraints they try to keep the herds healthy and promote hunting opportunity. If the goals of wildlife management were completely taken over by bunny hugger idiocy, I would not feel too bad breaking them."

That statement pretty much sums up my sentiment on the subject. That said, I guess it would boil down to the consequence of breaking the "law". If it were a felony, where I'd end up in the pen for 20yrs, that would certainly influence my decision. If it were a misdemeanor, I'd happily pay the fine.

I do agree that the foundation of our great country is based on the "Rule of Law", and we can't turn to total anarchy. However, in this case, I'd have no more problem breaking the "law" than I do by driving 3-4 mph over the posted speed limit.

15-May-19
to be able to hunt & fish for food is a God given right. unfortunately there are many that cannot control themselves with this right & this is where regulations are needed however if those that make the regulations are ignorant or easily influenced well then what ? ill take my chances with the creator

15-May-19
I'm a law abiding citizen and will always be. This is an open forum after all... correct. Buzzards gotta eat, same as worms.

15-May-19
Well what are ya? Buzzard or worm?

Thought I’d throw this in. Revelation 6:8 Modern English Version (MEV)

8 So I looked, and there was a pale horse, and the name of him who sat on it was Death, and Hades followed him. Power over a fourth of the earth was given to them, to kill with sword, with hunger, with death, and by the BEASTS of the earth.

Some day they’ll regret eliminating hunting.

15-May-19
"They" won't miss the revenue from hunters at all. Like all Liberal Leftists, push to shove they will simply try to raise taxes (to funnel elsewhere anyway) as well as just let it all fall to disrepair as they have Detroit et al as they bleed anyone productive dry. It's SOP for them. Secondly they will feel no pressure, as where they live, no jobs or businesses related to outdoor sports will be harmed because none exist there. It's like the Citiots who want wolves introduced.... but do not live, work or have to deal with them in any way as they are hundreds if not thousands of miles away and will NEVER have to deal with them. AOC was not elected from some deep rooted well of self awareness, logic and reason.

If they would just stay in the hole they have dug and quietly lived out their lives in peace..... nobody would care, I might even care the least. But they don't. And they won't. They feel they elitist need to tell you how to live YOUR life too. Hunting. Guns. Trucks. Right down to how big a soda you are ALLOWED to buy. They are Green New Deal Clueless.

Tell me again why I can't walk up, look these people in the eye and tell them they are insane, go away, get a life. I mean, one of their own....not mine....

15-May-19
GENESIS 27-3: Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field and take me some venison.

Well now....based on this, if they ban hunting then the government is taking away your freedom of worship, UNCONSTITUTIONAL! ;-)

(Like that makes any difference to them!)

15-May-19
Gonna be a lot harder to be a covert bow hunter. Pretty obvious toting around a camo compound bow. Of course hoyt and everyone else will be out of business soon enough. Will most likely end up concealing a silenced pistol. Range will be comparable...

15-May-19

Shaft's Link
"We need to become a MOVEMENT!"- Rocky D This is true. We really do need to become a movement. Now how does that happen? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hO8MwBZl-Vc We need a leader and more important we need some crazy nuts to follow. What say you Pat? Will you be our shirtless guy? Who here would become the first followers and then ask others to join in to create a tipping point? What would it take? All you got to do Pat is show us the dance. Oh yeah you are going to regret this! (wink)

16-May-19
"I do agree that the foundation of our great country is based on the "Rule of Law", and we can't turn to total anarchy." Yup, I agree with this - anarchy is exactly what the left, in its desperation at having lost Hillary, has turned to. Pure crazy irrational blind careless outrage is who they've become.. We can't become that too. They are truly digging their own mass grave, and already jumping in head first. We can win this and in the end, we will. But we have to organize, stick together and act rationally. We did it with Trump. I have no doubt we will come out on top and the liberal fools will die off. Socialism doesn't work. Just think... Back to the USSR...

16-May-19
LOL, Shaft, I watched your link. I could be that shirtless guy! Because I was, many times at Phish and Dead shows right there at the Gorge at George! Acting like a 'Leader" haha! It was some of the most fun I ever had while not hunting. I was a total anomaly there. I had a bunch of jam-band stickers on my car, and one that really stood out like a sore thumb to them: "Guns Cause Crime Like Flies Cause Garbage!" I got questioned by so many of those fledgling left leaning friends of mine, "What the heck is that sticker on there for?". I convinced some of them of the truth! I'd gladly try to convert all of them to see things 'Our Way". I did some of them then... ;) They were still my friends - they saw that hunting and fishing was not all that bad, esp. when I invited them over to parties for grilled wild vittles. They converted easily with a little convincing.

16-May-19
Thought I'd share this story with ya'll here: I really was there, at the Gorge, many times while I lived in WA. I thought that was funny how all those people just ended up flocking to that guy once a couple people 'followed'. I saw that display so many times there - yes, I participated. It was a helluva lot of fun, and no hunting seasons were open anyway so why not! LOL! I fished there actually. Hippie fishing! This is a crazy story. I found a slightly broken spin-cast reel and Johnson rod in a garbage can there. It had good line and casted just fine. So I tied on a yellow glow stick and at night I started swinging it around in the air like a propeller. Stoned hippies were going "What is that man?" I had 'followers', believe me! Then I started casting it out into the crowds (in the parking camping areas after the shows). As soon as someone would grab for it, I'd pull it away and reel it in, and cast it again. People were freaking out at this thing moving away from them thinking it was just tossed there. I even reeled in one gorgeous girl (I let her take the bait), and got a nice kiss out of it. Fun times for sure. Concerts at the Gorge. Yup, I was the anomaly. I was like a 'spy'. Maybe that's how we can beat the left - filter in unnoticed and occupy them. :)

16-May-19
I'll hunt and say it is part of my religion. Hunting is part of my religious experience.

16-May-19
"Before you become a poacher I would hope that you would wade into the political foray and fight for a reversal."

^THIS. Saying "Oh yeah? I'll just become a poacher!" is such a cop out, if you don't fight for something then you don't deserve it. Even the potheads here in Colorado fought for their precious weed...

16-May-19
I'm pretty sure if it got down to it hunting is considered a right not a privilege.

16-May-19
Civil war will come first before everyone just becomes poachers I would hope. Common sense on one side and the PC, can't decide which bathroom to use on the other. I know which side I'm fighting with!

16-May-19
I self identify as a minority group ‘HUNTER’

Stop the persecution. Leave me alone!

16-May-19
State levels, local levels, is where this is all going to shake down, and where hunters as a minority can fight and leverage themselves to retain/guarantee their rights. As stated earlier..... gotta love WY. They stood by their stance on wolves..... I'm guessing bears will be about the same.

Many states already HAVE adopted hunting into their state constitutions. That..... that is awesome, a game changer. And those states have little fear and great.... skepticism.... of the Federal government. More need to find their testicular fortitude.

Then there are other states like Cucknecticut that are just screwed...... but honestly, that's how the great American Experiment was designed. State by state and state rights, with US Constitutional rights restricting what government(s) can do to their citizens..... not what government ALLOWS citizens. Natural, inalienable rights, endowed to them by their Creator.... not the government.

Feds sometimes need to be told to go pound sand. WRT stupid states like banning legally taken African imports (or in CA's case, legally taken game in other states) hopefully legal challenges can have some impact. Sucks that liberal leftists want to tell everyone how they must live their lives, their own they've mostly screwed up already.... spread the misery.....

16-May-19
I just keep Watching eBay for a leopard and lion mount from CT.

16-May-19
I don't think for one second that the income generated by liscens sales is nonessential to the states otherwise why would they increase the fees. va for instance 1980 $15.00 2018 $82.00. va had a deer kill in 2018-19 of 190.636 if each hunter killed 2 deer that's 95.318 hunters × 82$ = 7.816.076 now perhaps in the world of state politics 8 million dollars is just a drop in the bucket. but I'm sure that income is essential for vdvig to function

17-May-19
I count myself in the 3%.... Liberty or Death...... Our greatest men in the history of our great country were outlaws.. I would be proud to join that group..

Being a realist, as our population dynamic continues to swing the other way, this fight is inevitable...

• Sitka Gear