dhaverstick 17-May-19
HUNT MAN 17-May-19
APauls 17-May-19
kota-man 17-May-19
Mule Power 17-May-19
kota-man 17-May-19
JL 17-May-19
15-May-19
For those that have been, what is the next best thing to hunting caribou in Quebec. I'm still heart broken over the entire thing. 7 trips never quenched my thirst. Don't get me wrong, I've got to do fun things because season closed. Actually went moose hunting and was able to take one. Got a mule deer hunt with dad this fall in Alberta. Booked a mountain caribou/ griz hunt for 2022. BUT the north keeps calling. The price of Quebec was doable almost yearly anymore. The hunting was always good. No one for hundreds of miles! The tundra..... the beauty and simplicity of it all....

Those that loved the trip, what do you do and love now? What compares?

15-May-19
Newfoundland moose is for me but not the same and does not have the fishing. It was wonderful to have the opportunity for 2 animals and world class fishing in between!

15-May-19
This is a crime. A traveshamockery. I agree with Newfie moose.

15-May-19
Greenland might be a good alternative. Having done both, I dare say the country is even more beautiful and remote. Cost is a little higher and logistics are a little more complex. But you can hunt both CCBGC and Ox in one trip.

15-May-19
Great hunts to be had in Alaska!

15-May-19
An Alaska Caribou drop is good...really good.

15-May-19
Greenland caribou/muskox this fall!

15-May-19
For trip that can be squeezed into the yearly budget of a lot of folks, deer on Kodiak is fun.

15-May-19
Kodiak is by far the best bang for the buck !! Amazing adventure !!

15-May-19
Agree with HUNT 100%.

16-May-19
900$ for 3 deer tags and license. Few grand split between you and another guy or two for charter flight. Commercial flight to Kodiak. Hotel room split a few ways. Food. Gear. One hell of a hunt and adventure for far less than most any other hunt out there. Lots of knowledgeable guys on here willing to help too!

16-May-19
My wife's cousins who live in Kodiak just traveled to Kentucky/Tennessee last week, where she flew to meet them. Now they 'insist' both of us travel to Kodiak this Sept. to visit. We have been there once to their place (and fished our brains out for coho). Partly based on what I'm reading here, I think we might have to take them up on their offer - free room to boot! Nothing like a big carrot waved in your face to lure you in! Blacktail with a bow sounds great!

16-May-19
The caribou drop hunts are great too, at least the one I did was - Mulchatna herd. Never did Quebec hunt but my cousins did and got 4 between two of them.

17-May-19
Thanks guys. Newfoundland was already on the radar. I'll look into kodiak.

17-May-19
Alaska! I loved Quebec. I had planned on going back before everything fell to pieces. Not only was it beautiful country with the opportunity to take 2 bulls but living in Pa logistics were nice. But I’ll “settle” for Alaska no problem! Moose is more expensive but hey.... it’s moose! The price of Quebec caribou had risen so an AK drop camp isn’t much different except the shipping. Plus you can hunt moose and caribou on the same hunt which actually makes it a better value. The Chez Paris was a nice place to visit some friendly people lol.... but I’ll “settle” for dinner with Nick at the Turtle Club. He’s almost as friendly. ;-)

17-May-19
Okay, I want to do/experience Kodiak. Anyone want to plan one for 2020? I promise I only fart if I consume dairy products. :)

17-May-19
Rick....how bout 2021?

17-May-19
EVERYONE should experience Kodiak. The Kodiak Deer hunt is the best adventure hunt dollar for dollar in North America. I highly recommend the "boat hunt". Fish during down time, eat like a king, and sleep in a warm bed at night while your gear dries in the engine room. Homer Ocean Charters is a great place to start...Questions? Ask Zack... :)

17-May-19
I'm down, Nick!

17-May-19
Guys I got nothing in 2021 either. I'm down

17-May-19
Oh Man the three stooges will be back there for 2021 kodiak . Don’t threaten me with a good time. Hunt

17-May-19
I did a blacktail deer hunt on Kodiak with Homer Ocean Charters back in 2006. It was fantastic! The accommodations are first class and there are deer everywhere. If you're a gun hunter, it's just a matter of picking out the one you want and shooting it. We were bow hunting so that was a little different story. Still went 4 for 6.

Darren

17-May-19
To me living on the island in a tent adds to the adventure . Nothing like waking up to your hunting partner snoring!!

17-May-19
I just wish a Canadian could hunt Kodiak without a guide. Sucks that we can't.

17-May-19
Hunt...Talk to me when you're 50! I, for one, no longer need a tent to "add to the adventure". ;)

17-May-19
Kota man.... Try Blacktail Bob’s Kodiak Buck Shack

17-May-19
Bob's shack has always "intrigued" me Mule Power...Another GREAT option.

17-May-19
If money (and NR laws?) wasn't any issue....I think hunting in Iceland (caribou), Norway (moose) and Russia (anything) might be fun.

• Sitka Gear