Trial153 17-May-19
walking buffalo 18-May-19
walking buffalo 18-May-19
rattling_junkie 18-May-19
stealthycat 18-May-19
16-May-19

Elite 1's embedded Photo
Elite 1's embedded Photo
Bear fat is very easy to render and is the very best lard for pastries. Lots of YouTube videos out there on it just cook it down slow cheese cloth pint jars good to go. If anyone has any good bear recipes would love to here them.

16-May-19

Elite 1's embedded Photo
Elite 1's embedded Photo
Here’s a chicken pot pie bear crust very hard to beat. Makes great Chocolate chip cookies to

16-May-19
Good for you! to much of the resources go to waste.

16-May-19
We always do. My wife makes skin products with it.

16-May-19
My grandfather used it for waterproofing his boots.

You can do a lot of boots with that much....

16-May-19
Dave I bought some handcream for my wife in Manitoba last spring I think it was called Bear Naked she loved it if you would have a recipe for hand cream would love to get it [maybe tip secret if she sells it] yes there are lots of uses for it great for guns i guess can even grow hair back makes hair grow faster beards head makes hair shine great to.

16-May-19
She's actually in the process of getting licensed to sell it.

16-May-19
Ok well let us know when it’s ready for market I will try a bottle.

16-May-19
Nice! I am curing pork belly right now. I took the "scraps" and cooked it down so I would have lard for clam chowder and baking. Skin was fried for treats for the dog. It is a lot of fun trying to find ways to save all the bits and pieces. Good for you!

16-May-19
Does bear fat carry trichinosis

16-May-19
My wife has been making soap from bear fat for years. She makes an unscented That I use for hunting. It is awesome. She also makes many different scented soaps. Fall bear is when you can get large quantity of bear fat to render for cooking or soap making.

16-May-19
The birds love it for suet

16-May-19
Soaps hand lotions need a recipe I won’t tell anyone promise.

16-May-19

16-May-19

JohnMC's embedded Photo
JohnMC's embedded Photo
I have rendered it down before - agree good for baking. I am almost out.

Here is a fall bear I shot a couple years ago. You can see half the quarter has had fat trimmed off. The other half that has not been trimmed.

Almost as much fat as the average Texass woman! ;)~

16-May-19
I absolutely can’t wait to try this maybe this year will be the year!

16-May-19

grape's embedded Photo
grape's embedded Photo
Wife’ Bear soap area...

16-May-19
It is the best water proofing for leather boots I have ever used, keeps them soft too. Forrest

16-May-19
Wow you guys have some good wives mine hasn’t even looked at my bear mount from last year. She says they remind her too much of a dog lol.

16-May-19
Skin lotion recipe? Who needs one? Just touch bear fat and your skin is soft. Ever noticed what your hands were like after skinning a bear? Grab a piece and work it over your skin. My dad used to say all the old ladies on his street would bug him for bear fat.

16-May-19
I shot my first bear last year but unfortunately it was September and 89 degrees out and left me zero time to do it myself so had to bring it to a butcher with a cooler.

16-May-19
Adam I'll tell my wife's friends that there's no need for any lotion, they can just help me butcher bear meat from now on!

16-May-19
Apauls for wife she already puts leeches night crawlers minnows on but she still wants to smell like a women.

16-May-19
Spike I take them to the "butcher" also. If you ask them they should save the fat for you so that you can render it down.

16-May-19
WTF?

16-May-19
Texas women? Guess you have never been to Alabama... or Mississippi. Sorry Buffalo Greg. Haha. The truth hurts sometimes.

16-May-19

16-May-19
If you have a local place that butchers bears in the fall; many times , if you know the guy, he will save some fat for you. It doesn’t hurt to ask. There is lots of it in the fall.....

16-May-19
I have skinned, fleshed and tanned so many disgusting bears the thought of eating that fat is tough to get past...lol.

Your finished product does look really nice though.

16-May-19
Don't forget that you can melt it down and then use it on leather for waterproofing.

16-May-19
Took me a second to figure out that pic above....Silence Of The Lambs??

16-May-19
Oh for sure Silence of the lamb’s

16-May-19
I think he wants her to put lotion on softer skin for skinning her out lol. Can’t make it up

16-May-19
I new this tread would go south at some point but I never seen that coming!!!!

17-May-19
I hunted with an Indian outfitter in Alberta for 3/4 years.. every year he tried to talk me into rubbing bear fat onto my head. He said Indians do it all the time and it would grow my hair back... “ ya never see a bald Indian eh?”

17-May-19
One other good use for lard: Melt a bit of it down before grilling steaks, burgers, chops, etc. Use a brush to paint the meat (on the grill) with the liquid lard. It adds flavor and helps achieve a beautiful sear. It can be lard from pork, beef, bear....most any clean, white lard works well. And then there are homemade biscuits using lard....not to mention bannock made from bear or caribou fat.

17-May-19
Rendering is definitely the best use for it, increased shelf life and multiple uses. Bear fat will turn rancid in the freezer given enough time, so best trim it all anyway.

18-May-19
Rattling junkie, "She's actually in the process of getting licensed to sell it. "

I'm very curious as to how this can be done within our Wildlife laws.

Bear fat products were all the rage not that long ago. This international market played a significant role in the massive bear population reduction in the 1800's early 1900's...

Bear fat Cracklings.... good for you, good for your dog.

Lots of scientific research has been done on bear grease. There is a reason why many say it is the best natural grease/oil, because it is.

18-May-19
Dirk, Legality will vary by jurisdiction. Canada is quite restrictive on the sale of the edible portions of wildlife.

I foresee interest in the return of Bear farms if this was allowed.

18-May-19
Sad day if there were bear farms in North America. As for licencing I would suggest talkng to your local authorities on the matter.

18-May-19
I rendered mine - Bear fat Cracklings were delicious and the fat was super white and buttery almost very good

• Sitka Gear