spike78 17-May-19
Timbow 17-May-19
Scar Finga 18-May-19
APauls 27-May-19
16-May-19

Bill V - Iron Will 's embedded Photo

Bill V - Iron Will 's Link
I have spent nearly a decade optimizing the steel, hardening process, and sharpening method for our broadheads. At the same time, I love bowhunting the backcountry and have wanted an ultra-light knife with excellent edge retention and toughness that could skin and debone multiple animals without resharpening. After nearly 2 years of engineering and testing, we are now shipping the k1 Ultralight Hunting Knife. It weighs only 1 oz and I was able to completely skin and debone my elk and muledeer this year without sharpening. I also used a second one on my bear and whitetail with the same results. Many other testers have reported great results as well. The top sharpened edges are designed for ripping hide which keeps the belly of the knife sharp longer for skinning and deboning. Let me know if you have questions.

16-May-19

It includes Paracord that can be added for extra grip, removed for easy cleaning, or used for secondary purposes such as hanging quarters. The sheath is made of Kydex providing excellent protection in your pack.

16-May-19
Awesome knife! I used this knife last year. I used it on a sheep, deer, and elk. Amazing how light it is (1 oz). Yet it is a real sturdy knife. Holds an edge very well! Much better than the havalon and tyto knife in my experience and I have them all

16-May-19
Bill,

What's the weight with the para cord and sheath?

16-May-19
That looks nice. I love my McCroskey knives, but this would be slick for a light weight option in the pack.

16-May-19
I’m in.

Thanks.

16-May-19
Weight is as follows: knife only 27.4 grams (0.97 oz); Knife and Kydex sheath 36.2 grams (1.28 oz); Knife, sheath, and paracord wrap is about 43 grams (1.5 oz) [varies a bit depending on how you wrap it.]

16-May-19
That is a damn good looking knife!

17-May-19
Thanks for the weight info Bill. I'll be picking one up!

17-May-19
Looks great. My first thought upon seeing the knife was: how are my extra large hands going to grip that slim handle?

17-May-19

This isn't my photo so I have no idea how it got here.
This isn't my photo so I have no idea how it got here.
I often use it without the paracord wrap, but it does give it a pretty nice grip. Here is a photo showing the width once paracord is wrapped on it.

17-May-19
Seems like a pretty sweet little knife. This knife segment has a lot of competition all of a sudden. I’d be curious to see how they all stack up regarding price, materials, hardness, etc. I only use a havalon and I’ve broke down 5 elk in 3 years with it, but I like the idea of a fixed blade for some of the hide work and removing the skull. Hmmmm.....

17-May-19
So I am not a cheap skate by any means, and I love unique knives and cool stuff... But when i saw the price I was very surprised. I will pass unless the price comes down. I can buy some very nice hand made knives around the same price point, in fact, I just did. I love the look, but I feel it should be around the 85 -90 dollar range. It is not "custom" but it is nice, not fancy, and not hand made. Am I alone on my assessment? if so, please show me the error in my reasoning... I mean no disrespect, I am just wondering what will drive someone to pay the asking price. Is it the weight and simplicity?

17-May-19
Its the weight with the edge retention that makes it a plus. It isn't hard to find a good knife maker to make a knife that is small. It isn't hard to find a good knife maker to make one of the right steel, the right quench treatment, and the tight temper to stay sharp. But, I'm not aware of a knife maker that routinely produces knives with an adequate blade length, that will stay sharp, that weighs any where close to being as light as this knife. I'm no back country hunting guru but, I do know that a vast majority of a 2 pound kill kit comes from the knife/knives you carry. That can be eliminated with this knife if it works as advertised.

Please don't take my response wrong or, as being a wise guy reply. Nor am I speaking for Iron Will. But, I have made a knife or two in my day and my brother is as good as anyone alive at making knives. He gets paid very well to do it. So, I'll never own or carry one of these knives. I am just certain of the appeal they offer because a really good, custom made fixed edge knife, as capable as this one as advertised, will weigh 12-13 ounces minimum. And, it won't look custom at that weight either. If it does, bounce that to a pound.

God Bless brother.

17-May-19
I really like the blade on the top as a hide dulls a knife real quick.

17-May-19
The price actually isn't too bad compared to the Benchmade Altitude at $195. S90V is a lot more expensive than A2 though. This is definitely an attractive design at that weight.

18-May-19
I do want to be clear, I AM Not being a hater by any means, I am just curious. I do like the knife and I am sure it will hold a great edge.

God Bless!

27-May-19

Bill V - Iron Will 's Link
We have had a few questions on how to wrap the paracord on the handle so we posted a video at this link:

27-May-19
Only problem in that video Bill is that a standard razor blade obviously doesn't cut that paracord as easily as a k1 would have ;)

• Sitka Gear