Aluminum Rain 28-May-19
Aluminum Rain 28-May-19
Vonfoust 28-May-19
axle2axle 28-May-19
Elite 1 28-May-19
IdyllwildArcher 29-May-19
WHOCARES 02-Jun-19
20-May-19
How about a billboard on I-25 by the broncos stadium with a picture of a big black wolf killing a calf elk with a slogan... something like “Do you want to be responsible for this?” Can we make that happen?

20-May-19
I’m n...

20-May-19
Sign me up!

Could be better, though. Show wolves ripping a calf elk or moose out of the still alive mother...

20-May-19
A billboard 14' by 48', in the rural area of Colorado may average $1500 - $2000 per month.

In Denver along I-25 the price can be 3-$4000 and up to 5-$10,000 in very prime areas.

The cost of printing a billboard can range between $300-$500.

20-May-19
Also Google search, "billboards and antihunting" for examples

20-May-19
In Denver along I-25 the price can be 3-$4000 and up to 5-$10,000 in very prime areas.

Small price to pay

20-May-19
The question to ask is if it is effective....will it be worth the cost?

20-May-19
Well.... let's start a billboard fund! Do it strategically 3 to 6 months leading up to vote

20-May-19
You would have to take down the one that just went up that said...."welcome to Colorado where you can still get a safe and legal abortion"....true story.

I would suggest not using a "black" wolf.....you know where that would be heading.

20-May-19
It would definitely need to be a gray wolf and also not assume the wolf's gender.

20-May-19
Lol coy! A black wolf is off the table?

20-May-19
Slogan:

‘Elk calves matter’

20-May-19

Ucsdryder's embedded Photo
Wolves, the ultimate trophy hunter
Ucsdryder's embedded Photo
Wolves, the ultimate trophy hunter
Here’s a picture of an entire herd of elk killed for sport by wolves a couple years back.

20-May-19
Better slogan.. 'All Calves Matter' ... it could be a billboard with three panels showing wolves attacking an elk calf, moose calf and cattle calf

20-May-19
Switch the calf with a human baby and it might get some attention ;)

20-May-19
Wolves and induced elk abortions are the answer to elk population problems.

20-May-19
Back about 2010 in N. Illinois the DNR was jacklighting and sharp shooting deer using CWD eradication as the reason. But the real reason turned out to be connected to the insurance lobby.

There were actual billboards that were put up calling out the DNR sharpshooting the deer. I don`t know who or how they were paid for but it worked as they shut it down soon after.

You`re on the right track.

20-May-19
Here in NM the antis have big full size bill boards along I 25 in ABQ saying..stop all trapping on public land with a picture of a chewed off leg in a trap.

20-May-19
It's all about presentation (emotion) & money by the tree huggers, we did not want them here in Idaho including Fish & Game that were put in place by Government officials to maintain population numbers in allotted country. All was tossed out the window because of money & emotion, two great powers!

Good luck in your fight!

P.s. I sent a note to CO in opposition to wolf introduction!

ElkNut/Paul

20-May-19
Is this something CBA would get behind and spearhead? I think they could raise money in a hurry.

20-May-19
I honestly dont think it would make a difference at all...it would just be viewed as nature being nature...that being said there are a lot of stupids out there. they have an eagle cam on a nest here in pittsburgh and people went absolutely nuts when it showed an eagle taking a cat to her nest. a vet had to go on TV and explain that it was all ok...its just part of the eagles nature lol. so who knows maybe it would work

20-May-19
Need adds on prime time too...

20-May-19
Need a picture of a human killed and eaten by a wolf. A lot of people think wolves would be great because they think there are too many deer and elk already. They will think oh it’s part of nature

20-May-19
How about pics of a pack of hounds ripped to shreds by wolves and the pet owner balling while holding his dead dog. Guarantee that will not be taken as "nature being nature".

Sometimes you have to fight dirty.

21-May-19
That would probably work better. People don’t care about elk.

21-May-19
Also possibly a quick stat from other states such as livestock and pets killed annually. And that wolves do not kill only the weak and sick. With the picture of a pack eating an animal while it’s alive.

21-May-19
I would definitely contribute.

We could set up a GoFundMe pretty easily. Is there a local conservation group that could spearhead?

21-May-19
Better to have the wolves ripping into a herd of Wild Horses. A bloodied foal standing over its struggling mother.

Or a dead sow bear and three tiny cubs clinging to a tree with wolves looking up. The caption could read:

“Yes, they do kill the weak.”

21-May-19

TrapperKayak's embedded Photo
How about this one.

21-May-19
I bet FaceBooger would shut that go fund me down quick. I do think the bill board could be a good idea.

21-May-19
I don't think it would matter to these people. It is nature. They would not think it was worse than a hunter posing behind an animal.

21-May-19

cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo

21-May-19

cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo

21-May-19

cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo

21-May-19

cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo

21-May-19

cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo

21-May-19

21-May-19

cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo

21-May-19
cnelk, those ought to do it. If not, nothing will.

21-May-19
So are we bowsiters going to fund this and make it happen? I'd donate to the cause if someone is going to do this. I think Brad has some great pics that would use the same "emotional" tactics the antis are using.

21-May-19
With the traffic on 25, drivers would be able to read all of that twice.

21-May-19
Just show the carcass of one of those half eaten dogs with the wording: "Wolves prey on the weak and innocent. Protect your pets, stop wolf introduction before it happens."

Good luck getting anyone to put it up.

21-May-19
Would have to be a dog/cat. Unfortunately the people that push these agendas never have their pets near the wild. They don't actually go out in nature they just know how it is best managed.

21-May-19
Below are the links to the above photos - you will need to copy/paste

Distribute accordingly

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/5c36308ff93fd4cf979de3a4/t/5cbf576c652dea8078c54712/1556043631263/WolvesWildlifeFactSheet.pdf

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/5c36308ff93fd4cf979de3a4/t/5c634cf40852296bc8bb8e57/1550011642485/WolvesLivestockFactSheet2019.pdf

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/5c36308ff93fd4cf979de3a4/t/5cbf574f15fcc0956eb121a6/1556043601345/WolvesPetsFactSheet.pdf

21-May-19
Video showing a wolf at work on a family dog. Action starts at about 0:45. Good eats! :

21-May-19
IF wolves stuck to eating fluffy kitties I'd probably like 'em!

21-May-19
I will contribute and I think pictures like the one of the Golden Retriever or livestock are best. We also need to keep the written script simple and not too lengthy.

21-May-19
Although I agree with the sentiment, you’d be wasting your money. The anti’s choices are entirely governed by emotions and no rational argument will sway their opinions.

21-May-19
Find a private land owner that will let you build one

21-May-19
I think this is a great idea...everyone loves horses and I recently saw a pic from Idaho of a horse with half it’s hind quarter eaten off laying there still alive. Shocking photo and hard to unsee. Something like that on I 70 would make an impact.

21-May-19
You guys that say it’s a waste of time. What do you suggest? Sitting back and doing nothing and letting the inevitable happen? That’s just sad. History is filled with underdog dog stories from people who decided to make a stand. Hell, how many people thought standing up to the British was a waste of time. We need positive vibes, not Debbie downers.

Is this something cba will spearhead? I’ve got some money to contribute to a billboard.

21-May-19
I agree that you’re not changing an antis mind. That said if this comes to a vote there has to be a pretty large percentage of voters in CO that only have a Disney view of animals. Showing those people that aren’t emotionally invested either way what wolves do should be effective. It’s not going to make any pro hunting but should help in making some anti wolf.

21-May-19
Word of caution:

Pictures and wording should not be designed to make hunters feel good about putting up the sign.

Get PROFESSIONAL help in designing the message. It needs to be designed to change the minds of "just plain citizens," not hunters and conservationists.

Pete

21-May-19
Spot on Pete

21-May-19

ki-ke's embedded Photo
ki-ke's embedded Photo
Everyone likes to see baby elk getting merked by wolves....

21-May-19

21-May-19

ki-ke's embedded Photo
ki-ke's embedded Photo

21-May-19

ki-ke's embedded Photo
ki-ke's embedded Photo
Not wolves, but let 'em know how top level predators get (gut?) it done....

21-May-19
You'd think RMEF or SCI would help out on this. I mean where is all that banquet money going to?

21-May-19
NOW WE ARE TALKING!!!

This is what people need to see....the REALITY of what wolves do.

I`m with Ucs….it`s time to take the gloves off people and start putting our $$$$ where are mouths are. Either you are with us or you`re against us....no fence sitting allowed.

We non-residents have sat on our hands long enough....meanwhile we all pull our tags and go enjoy the animals in our western states. It`s time we anti up (no pun intended) and support those that are fighting for us.

21-May-19
^^^This^^^.

I’m in. Get it going CO guys and post a link to send money too.

21-May-19
I agree Pete, we will NEVER change the pro wolfers minds. We need to appeal to and to educate the non hunters, who the majority may support fair chase hunting, but have no idea what the impact , once established in Colorado, what the forced/intentional introduction of wolves will be. There in 'NO balance of nature that is Critical" that needs to be fixed here in Colorado. This IS the major selling point of the wolfers.

21-May-19
I think I read somewhere the RMEF has an initiative to stop wolf reintroduction to Colorado... I bet they might sponsor some billboards... or what about publications such as Eastmans hunting Journal or bowhunter magazine or Bugle donating advertisement space to get the word out further and ask for support nationwide?

21-May-19
"publications such as Eastmans hunting Journal or bowhunter magazine "

Again. These arent targeting the needed votes.

21-May-19
I'd be happy to contribute...as many of us would I'd think. Make sure to create a thread with instructions on how to make a donation for the billboard sign...provide updates on how close to the financial goal we are...and please provide photos of the end result billboard sign along the highway when completed. Do that, and I'm in! Kevin

21-May-19
"I agree Pete, we will NEVER change the pro wolfers minds." We don't have to, we just have to beat them. Lots of good suggestions here. Franklin, its 'ante', so no pun anyway. :)

21-May-19

Glunt@work's embedded Photo
Colorado Parks and Wildlife doesnt support introduction.

Elk calf survival rates are poor in parts of the State.

Mule deer are way below historic levels.

Grey wolves in CO threaten the Mexican wolf population that is just south of us.

I think these type of messages will help sway well meaning but not necessarily ag or hunter friendly voters.

21-May-19
Cnelk... what I meant by the publication thing was to get word out to hunters outside of Colorado to solicit additional support.. not necessarily targeting or trying to sway non hunter voters. I think there are many outside the state that don't know the wolf thing is on the horizon and the more support from people that might want to donate to the billboard fund the better

21-May-19
Alright Gentlemen... Here we are... Ucsdryder proposed what seems to be a good idea from the responses in this thread. So, what do we do about it????? There has to be one graphic designer among us and one marketing/advertising person among us that has some experience in billboard advertising and/or publications. I love that we all have the fantastic ideas. BUT at some point we need to take action. I am more than willing to donate to this idea, I personally don't have a background or experience in marketing, advertising or graphic design.. Who does or knows someone that does? Lets take action and get going on this.. OR sit back, discuss it to death and before we know it, its 2020 and the wolf bill passed and we'll start another thread talking about what we SHOULD have done..

21-May-19
Yep or sit back and do nothing just like the spring bear hunt and trapping which are now gone forever. We also need to get pro-active on the bobcat and lion issue as I am guessing those will both be on the ballot as well.

21-May-19
Right, forget the pro-wolfers. Go to the voters, and keep it simple and strong. Tell them the truth in this way: [Horrible picture of little animal being horribly torn apart by wolves] ... then proper wording pointing out to them: "If you allow wolves to come in uncontrolled, you could be responsible for this: ___________________," (over and over and over). In a rational argument about balance of nature, you lose them after the first three words. Fair chase? They don't care about what hunters want; they don't like hunters -- they like little animals, and hate things that do horrible things to the little animals. And who wants to take a chance on being the blame for those little animals being hurt? I don't.

21-May-19
This is a great idea. Putting up a billboard in Denver and/or any other population center with an emotional message is a solid tactic (Pete in Fairbanks nailed it). Simultaneously distributing facts as "Colorado Stop The Wolf Coalistion" is doing will reach a different audience. Both approaches are valid. I'll contribute.

21-May-19
I think "Stop the Wolf" turns people off.

Might be better to have phrases like:

"No to Forced Wolf Introduction"

"Protect Wildlife Management, no on XYZ"

"Conservationists agree, no on XYZ"

"Support Wolves Naturally Repopulating Colorado, No on XYZ"

"Protect the Mexican Gray Wolf, No on XYZ"

Save Colorado's Mule Deer, No on XYZ"

"We support the Colorado Parks and Wildlife on wolf Introduction -No on XYZ"

"Wildlife matters -No on XYZ"

"

21-May-19
This has been bugging me all morning so I made a couple calls and talked to Lamar in Denver to see what prices would be like.

They will be emailing me some detailed info but it looks like around $15000 for I25 and $9000 for I70. That's a 4 week contract. I told them it would likely be photo and some text.

They can provide design work as part of the price or we can provide our own.

Mid June would be earliest availability. She also recommended signs on transit buses as a good option.

Dont want to step on anyone's toes, I'm not a CO resident, it's just been bugging me so I wanted to get some more info! I can relay more when I get her email or forward the i fo to someone else if someone is taking the lead. Would love to see this take off!

21-May-19
For the money listed you would be way better off getting a list of email addresses, etc and sending emails containing the stop the wolf info as opposed to a billboard. Billboards are old school. Get social media involved and get the real word out. A billboard is going to have the same 300k people looking at it everyday plus some tourists. Social media can reach 10x that many in a single day. Taking a page out in the Denver paper, how much does that cost? RMEF, BHA, MDF, and any of the other acronyms that stand for responsible conservation and public lands should be leading this charge.

21-May-19
I think it's spot on to say most non-hunters react with emotion and feelings. The die hard wolfies you will not change any minds. Many if not most of them have a political agenda, likely sparked by emotion but not sustained by emotion,and certainly not facts.... those went out the window LONG ago. To some they even go on about how they are literally "spirits" and "brothers" of the wolf. Or how much they want one as a pet. Not much you're gonna do with that.

I don't think showingthe "nature" of wolves killing elk and moose will stir anything. They see African lions killing stuff on National Geo ALL the time. Not much of an anti-lion push back..... to say the least.

But.... I think a campaign showing the dogs and livestock attacks IS emotional. That strikes home. And shows how it directly effects humans. Most folks have lost pets at some point. Some violently like hit by cars, etc. It's traumatic to lose a pet, part of the family. They never forget it.

Pete and others above are also spot on. Have it done professionally. The words/slogan/caption cannot be seen as just "anti-wolf" i.e. stop the wolf. It has to focus on the FORCED introductions and the damage to PEOPLE and their property..... pets, livestock. Make a easy to remember and clear invitation as to where to go for more information regarding the proposed FORCED INTRODUCTION. And stay on message. It can't be seen as a pro hunting message, or rather a self serving message. It must be a public service or safety message.

I think it's a great idea. And an effective one if done right. MP was also on to something. Could be a rancher/landowner along the route willing to donate space for the cause and build our own. That message would certainly benefit them.

21-May-19
I say use all of the above. And if we're going to get a billboard, it'd be best to do it RIGHT BEFORE the election. I think the pictures of horses and dogs are going to work WAY better than pictures of deer, elk, or even cattle.

21-May-19
What needs to be done is contact the CPW and see what they are doing. Contacting the Outfitters Assocation and seeing what they plan on doing. You need to band together into a few groups. Just randem people doing a few things isn't going to be enough. You've got yo get the CBA, Elk Foundation, Trappers Assocation involved.

Also, the pictures posted above need to be printed and handed out during the week and weekends in places like Denver, Golden, Boulder, Estes a Park, the the national parks Obtaining permits if needed to hand out flyers and pamphlets in front of malls, grocery stores, and in front of sporting goods stores like Dick's. You've gotta to educate the public, let them know what will happen in Estes Park, Rocky Mountain National a Park to the elk and moose. Your chances of educating the public will be improved if these groups are all doing the same thing, with the same material.

21-May-19
I would donate! I’ve been thinking it would be worth foregoing an elk hunt this year and donating my tag cost towards stopping this wolf bullshit.

21-May-19
Gotta agree with Idyll, timing will be everything. Saving the most powerful imagery/ads for later in the "campaign" could fend off rebuttal moves by the wingnut fur-strokers.

I'm ready to drop coin for this, and whatever else is needed.

21-May-19
I would expect that the average voter in Colorado will not even know that this issue might be on the ballot and their first time being approached, is when they go to vote.

Oh! what is this? ISSUE: "reintroduce wolves into Colorado as they will help in the critical balance of nature". Vote, Yes, or NO.

Gee!, I heard it worked in Yellowstone so It got to work here in Colorado. I am going to vote Yes as this will be my contribution to a better "green" world . I may never see one but It would be great just to hear one. And they are only going to introduce them west of the Divide and only on Public Land. Cool! I guess Rancher Joe over there will be safe as will his horses and cattle and sheep, and on this side of the Divide, so will the kids and our dog. What a grand idea. I am all in. Stated the average voter.

21-May-19

JL's Link
FWIW......in Daytona they use small banner planes to tow a banner with your message along the beach or over the speedway (Daytona International Speedway). That might be a possibility to have a banner plane tow a banner with a wolf message along the popular interstates there or thru town/county(s). You can reach alot of people from the air, not just along the interstates either. Maybe fly over where the Rockies play? If you look at cost per potential viewer...it might be a more cost effective option.

This aerial advertising outfit is in Denver. I suspect there are other outfits along the interstate towns. If the owners are hunters, they might offer a discount or do it for free.

21-May-19

cnelk's Link
Here is the Denver Post advertising rates - and daily circulation numbers

21-May-19
Need to photoshop those pictures into main street Estes Park, preferably with the holiday light parade in the background.

21-May-19
We just had a proposition regarding oil and gas development that had the State split. It would have dramatically limited new oil and gas infrastructure and production. It lost 45% to 55% and the oil and gas folks spent $30 million+ to help get that result. They still lost Denver, Boulder, Broomfield (big ones) and a handful of smaller counties.

21-May-19
I had a grudge with coyotes but these walls are out-of-control. Some graphic designer house to make a bumper sticker I can slap on the back of my truck I travel a lot through Minnesota get one big enough to see a wolf eating a pet. I am sure it would turn heads. Maybe time to shoot shovel and shut up. Put a 25.00 charge on the stickers to help for bigger signs.

21-May-19
A pamphlet or banner printed in Spanish, targeting Latino voters could pay dividends. Latinos are generally pro-hunting and pro-meat eating and pro-rancher. It could be a big chunk of votes.

21-May-19

Treeline's embedded Photo
Treeline's embedded Photo

Treeline's Link
Here’s your horse. Lots of inf at the link.

21-May-19
I think the idea of Bowsite buying a billboard is fantastic. The impact of the billboard will be seen by a massive number of people, plus because this is a "different" kind of billboard it is likely that media outlets will pick it up as a story, exposing it far more widely.

To get this rolling someone will need to start a Gofundme campaign. Then once the $15k (or $9k) is reached, the billboard is purchased. Make the campaign end a certain amount of time before the election and if the required funds are not raised, all donors get their money back. I think that we have a wide enough viewership on Bowsite that it is very likely the billboard gets funded.

There are also some folks out there who would consider donating an item to auction, with the funds going toward the billboard fund. A knife, a trad bow, that type of thing.

21-May-19
There has to be a marketing guru on here that can find the best bang for our buck. Whether it’s internet, radio, print, etc. I would think RMEF, CBA and any other group that is involved in western hunting would be willing to put money toward a marketing strategy. Between bowsite and the other big hunting forums a go fund me should do well. This isn’t my wheelhouse, but maybe there is someone out there willing and ABLE to do it? I would think someone with CBA and rmef would have the know how.

21-May-19
If you really got serious about this reaching 15k would be nothing for this site. There are some guys on BS and that lurk on BS that would drop 15k on this ad all by themselves.

21-May-19
I wonder if we could get a funding match from local hunting companies? Snyder has been pretty outspoken about it, maybe Kifaru would fund match?

A quick Google search seems to show RMEF and the Stop the Wolf Coalition on the forefront of this. We wouldn't want to duplicate their efforts.

I think focusing our message purely on beating the ballot initiative would be best,so the message should make it clear what we want (vote no!). Not just random anti wolf stuff. Some people won't make the connection.

I would agree social media might reach more people but I think a billboard would generate the most "buzz". Radio might be a good idea?

Here is what we're up against (from Rocky Mtn Wolf Project):

"Other animals, such as the elk and deer, are stronger since the reintroduction of wolves to Yellowstone. This is because the wolves chase them, and they're forced to run.

When the prey run from the wolves, their hooves aerate the soil. The soil then retains water better and the grasses grow stronger and taller."

Crazy!

22-May-19
Franklin: "...pet owner balling while holding his dead dog." Sir, I think you need to brush up on your spelling. Some of your posts are a bit misleading... :)

22-May-19
Predeter, that statement from the Rocky Mtn Wolf Project sounds like something Alex Occasional cortex would say. it mirrors her logic, as they are all so ignorant about facts and truth that they just make insane statements like this. It is obvious that they will someday implode and get sucked into their own blackhole, and truth (and we) will prevail. How could it not, with statements like that? I guess to an idiot (read Democrats and radical lefties) would believe such a bogus theory - and since the country is full and getting fuller of them, maybe we are in serious trouble.

22-May-19
Im in where do I send money

22-May-19
Quote "I guess to an idiot (read Democrats and radical lefties) would believe such a bogus theory".

Trapper, you are dead wrong there. ANYBODY that has no real knowledge of predator/prey relationships, and that includes about 90% of the population, will believe the only theory presented to them. It's up to hunters and conservationists (not preservationists) to educate the unknowing, but still voting public.

There is a saying "Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!" I believe, in this case you should change "stupid" to misinformed.

22-May-19
Go to the Colorado Conference , ie, 'The new anti.' and read the last few posts, especially the one concerning the " government official" and his response concerning "conservation" and the Colorado Wolf Project's article. This statement is from the current Governor's partner. I hope the OP can post the total reply. Paul

22-May-19
To be an effective ad, I would think you will need to play devil's advocate and think how a pro-wolf viewer or group will react if they see an anti-wolf "shock ad". What will they say or try to counter the ad with? I think an effective ad would be one that is timely, coveys the proper message and can't easily be refuted or spun by the pro-wolf crowd. It will have to stick in the likely voter's mind when they go vote.

22-May-19
By way of price point. I paid Lamar $750 for a month on a Billboard on highway 85 in Greeley.

22-May-19
Ambush, I don't mind being told I'm wrong, but I think maybe I am partially alive wrong here, not dead wrong. I said the idiots (Dems and rad leftists) would believe it, but I didn't say the rest (90%) of the [uninformed] wouldn't. I think maybe the percentage is lower since this is a really idiotic theory and I know most, even those unfamiliar with 'predator/prey relationships' would probably see through that if they had any smarts at all (re: hooves running on ground aerates the soil?? Yeah, right - If anything, it packs it down and more runoff occurs robbing the grass of moisture). I don't believe 90% of our uninformed population is stupid enough to believe this statement/theory being presented by Rocky Mt. Wolf Project, and I also don't believe they would see just this one theory - there are so many people and groups with so many opinions who are eager to share them, that seeing just this one theory would be next to impossible in this heated wolf re-intro proposal world we are now bombarded with. But otherwise, you are correct, I am dead wrong there. :)

22-May-19
What if we reached out to Stop the Wolf to see if they would handle the logistics/backend if we provided funding and billboard design?

I think it would be important to have a contact behind the billboard to point people too or handle media inquiries. Stop the Wolf may be able to fill that roll.

Unless a bowsite local wants to step up?

26-May-19
I'll bring up a go fund me and billbords to the cba board at our next board meeting on Friday june 7th. We start at 6pm at 6060 Broadway in Denver. Hope we can get some Colorado guys to come and form a subcommittee.

26-May-19

Grasshopper's embedded Photo
Grasshopper's embedded Photo
I like this photo with the caption:

Got Wolves?

26-May-19
Grasshopper, that picture is amazing. Thanks for doing this! I got some $$$ that I’d love to donate to the cause. I think we could get some of the big Colorado companies like Kifaru to donate as well.

26-May-19
Awesome Grasshopper! If you want any help from a guy from WI just let me know!

The Lamar rep I talked to did email me a bunch of additional information and ideas I'd be happy to pass on to you (or anyone) if you want to PM me an email.

26-May-19
Predeter, my email is [email protected] Please sned along any and all info.

26-May-19
Email sent

26-May-19
I'm all in to donate

26-May-19
From the continental divide to the base of the front range almost everything is private and winter range. In the mountains on the western slope, every valley is winter range. Might be good to let these people know that wolves will be in the winter range. In their yards eating dogs. Need to put fliers out at every trailhead all summer long like the signs in New Mexico about the wolves.

This trail is in Wolf Winter & Summer range. Non native Canadian Timber wolves have been forcibly placed in colorado they are 30% larger than wolves that historically lived in Colorado. Trail users can not kill the wolves when they attach or kill their pets. Trail users can not harass or haze wolves in anyway. Trial users should not look weak, or be injured or be small (like Children). Trail users should not run because that makes them look like prey. Trail users should not ride bikes because that makes them look like prey. Trail users may defend themselves if a pack of wolves attacks them, however you must have proof that you were attacked. If attacked, you will need to defend yourself. Bear spray is for bears and will not work on a pack of Wolves. A pistol or rifle will work best.

26-May-19
Sorry Arizona signs.

27-May-19
The problem is with showing elk or moose or deer being torn apart. Is that people will say that’s just part of nature. I’ve had some arguments with people and they all think Colorado has too many deer and elk and think we need wolves to thin the herds down.

27-May-19
Ermine, I think you’re right. The reality is we need multiple angles. What works on some, won’t work on others.

I sent an email to Aron @ Kifaru. Hopefully he will her behind it as well on Kifaru cast and Kifaru will sponsor. All this assuming we get this deal up and running.

If CBA gets behind a marketing strategy maybe we can get some “sponsors” and they can have their logos on the leaflets/billboard/etc.

27-May-19
One thing I was wondering is if the pictures available showing wolf attack victims (the pets, deer, etc) some have posted in this thread would be available in high enough resolution for a billboard? I dont know much about it but I would think you would need a really high quality image to work at billboard size. Might also need rights to the image?

Background picture of a torn up dog or other pet picture and a message along the lines of:

The Science says NO! Impacted Citizens say NO! Your Pet says NO! Vote NO to FORCED wolf introduction Initiative 79!

28-May-19
FWIW....just came across this on YT.

28-May-19

Aluminum Rain's Link

28-May-19
Wolves even killed his Spanish Mastiffs.

28-May-19
"What if we reached out to Stop the Wolf to see if they would handle the logistics/backend if we provided funding and billboard design?

I think it would be important to have a contact behind the billboard to point people too or handle media inquiries. Stop the Wolf may be able to fill that roll. Unless a bowsite local wants to step up? "

How about we donate to Stop the Wolf and suggest a billboard? That way one organization has all money rather than many different org's being fractured and none of them reaching their stated goal?

28-May-19
Interesting video. Amazing these ranchers haven’t declared war on introduced wolves and those who forced their introduction. Kevin

28-May-19

Elite 1's embedded Photo
Elite 1's embedded Photo

29-May-19
Ermine is right. Mauled deer/elk/moose are not going to change minds. People already know that wolves eat these animals and they have no emotional attachment to them. Dogs, cats, horses. That's what's going to cause shock and awe.

02-Jun-19
Just went through Helena today. Huge billboard with coyote bleeding in leg hold trap. Says in big letters, "Stop the suffering, make Montana trap free! " Pissed me off!

• Sitka Gear