Elk
Contributors to this thread:
JLeMieux 21-May-19
fubar racin 22-May-19
midwest 22-May-19
JLeMieux 22-May-19
JLeMieux 24-May-19
21-May-19
I posted this on another site, but decided to post it here as well.

I was looking hard at getting a Luxe Megahorn for 2 person car camping with cots and stove this Sept. We may have a third now, and eventually I know I will need it on a similar 4 person trip. The Megahorn definitely won't work for that. 

Do any of you have experience with the Luxe Hercules? 

Also, what others do you recommend that meet these criteria?

I gave a lot of thought to a canvas outfitter tent, but ideally I want something that goes up and down a little quicker/easier.

My buddy and I have a 10x12 Kodiak canvas but it has some miles on it and he will be using it then. I am not opposed to going that route, but want to see what else is out there. 

I would like to keep the cost of the shelter below $800, but we'll see where that gets me.

22-May-19
No experience but it looks like a really cool tent for truck camping when I don’t want to set up or don’t need the wall tent

22-May-19
It looks like it would be nice sized for 1 guy. 2 would be tight and no way I'd want to stay with 3 guys in there for longer than a couple days.

Nice design, though! I'd never heard of them.

22-May-19
I usually have a canopy/tarp setup and I am normally only in the tent to sleep. As long as there is room to get dressed and and store clothing, being a little crowded doesn't bother me usually. Granted, I've never had more than a day or so of bad weather to wait out.

The Beckel Canvas Eena TT has also got my attention. I haven't been able to find much on it though.

I have plenty of time to make a decision.

24-May-19

JLeMieux's Link
It may not be the 4 person (cots/stove) option I was looking for, but I believe this is the route I'm going to go. Did not know a larger Megahorn was on the way, but after some emails with Luxe, they got me straightened out.

https://luxe-hiking-gear.com/collections/lightweight-camping-tents/products/megahorn-xl-tipi-8p-hot-tent-stove-jack

• Sitka Gear