Charlie Rehor 26-May-19
t-roy 26-May-19
Hawkeye 27-May-19
22-May-19

Hawkeye's embedded Photo
Hawkeye's embedded Photo
Hawkeye's embedded Photo
Hawkeye's embedded Photo
I thought I would share a couple of pictures from 2018 as it's a down time of year and thought it would be fun to share.

In the spring of 2018-I had a 'Head Hunter' broadhead clip my blind window....then the birds wing...leading to a rundown through a frozen clover field. I had my trail cam in the field and miraculously it caught me seconds before I jumped and tackled him in mid-air. I wish I could say it didn't hurt or was 'smooth as silk' but...I'd be lying;)

Then that coming fall, I was fortunate to get an opportunity at the buck pictured below. I had placed a trail cam in the area a month earlier, and wondered if I had captured an image of the buck as he approached my stand?

After I pulled the card--I couldn't believe what I saw....

If you look close, you can see orange fletching, bow limbs, a stocking cap and a 'bowhunter's beard' in the trees ;)

The trailcam not only photographed the buck when I stopped him with a grunt....but also captured me at full draw just before I released my arrow! I was fortunate to have the story "Hunter's Moon" in an issue of Bowhunter this past fall and was fun to write.

It was the largest bodied whitetail I've ever taken--weighing 271 on the hoof. I was very fortunate to get an opportunity at this buck and the trailcam image was icing on the cake.

I doubt I'll EVER have fate and fortune line up like this again...but I'll take it!

Thanks for reading and remember.. you don't need a camera man...lol!

22-May-19
Pretty neat! Certainly helps capture the memory!

22-May-19
Congrats in two really cool captures! I am amused by ther turkey pic and I cam relate!

Unfortunately one thing I really really dislike about the site is the quality of the pics displayed. Your pic is probably very clear, but it's so pixilated when I look at it I just can't see you. I see where I think you are, but I just can't make you out. I bet it's a very cool pic though. Congrats!

22-May-19

Hawkeye's embedded Photo
Hawkeye's embedded Photo

22-May-19
You may not realize it but you actually wake up with unbelievable good fortune everyday E. Because everyday you wake up in Iowa!!! Great shots buddy... That buck is a gagger!

22-May-19
I could tell the buck was big from the 1st picture but wow, that's a monster!

22-May-19
Eyad,

That’s a great buck..... but I gotta tell ya..... wrestling the turkey picture made my day!

22-May-19
I love it!

22-May-19
Now those are trophy photos

22-May-19
Great photos!!

22-May-19
That's cool. Also great buck!

22-May-19
So dang cool! Turkeys photo is one in a million

22-May-19
I love the action shot Eyad. Gitim!

22-May-19
Very cool pics for sure! If you TRIED to time those shots, it would never happen. I’m with scoot. I think I know where you’re at in the tree, but not 100% certain.

22-May-19
Congrats!!

22-May-19
Pretty cool for sure! I would love to have had someone videoing me as I chased a wounded turkey in circles around a cedar tree before I was finally able to pounce. Much like you, there was no grace and it hurt just a little. :)

23-May-19
Outstanding! Super buck and nice bird and the pics just make it that much cooler. I'd be interested in reading the buck story but I no longer subscribe to Bowhunter Magazine and I imagine you are prohibited from posting it online, correct?

23-May-19
Great pics and definitely NEVER seen a whitetail as big as that Bodacious Beast

23-May-19
Thanks guys! Overland-they sometimes post the stories on their website and I checked but didn't see it. If I can get my hands on some extra copies I'll send you one.

23-May-19
Unbelievable pics to say the least!

Just look at that athlete (Eyad) in action....knees bent, his weight on the balls of his feet, athletic stance and that look of determination on his face anticipating where his target was heading!

That poor Turk didn't stand a chance!!!

Congrats Eyad!!!

Mark

23-May-19
Very cool- congrats!

My eyes aren't that great anymore..................................................can you give us a hint where you are in the 1st pic? I have been looking it over for 5 min now and can't spot you! ;-)

23-May-19
Those trail cams pics are definitely once in a lifetime!

23-May-19

wildwilderness's embedded Photo
wildwilderness's embedded Photo
this looks like it

23-May-19
Thanks guys for the comments and appreciate the help wildwilderness.....you got it:)

Didnt come out as clean on here but Ill check my phone and see if I can enhance.

23-May-19
What a great year Hawkeye!!!! Congrats that's super cool in all respects.

23-May-19
Very cool Eyad...Great buck....

23-May-19
Thanks Wildwilderness- I thought that might be it, but could not confirm with these old eyes! ;-)

23-May-19
Awesome all the way around! What a massive buck!

23-May-19
Eyad you are a turkey ninja, deer killing machine!

25-May-19
Out of curiosity did you weigh that buck dressed as well? Just curious how much they lose when dressed so I can have an idea. We always weigh everything after dressed or "gutted" around here. So it just makes me curios what 271 on the hoof is dressed? Congrats on a beautiful buck!

25-May-19

Hawkeye's embedded Photo
Hawkeye's embedded Photo
Thanks everyone:)

Grindersonly--we did weigh him after and I am sitting here trying to picture the scale but I keep seeing the live weight. I will see as might have taken a pic of that too but can't be sure. I 'think' was 225-230 dressed but can be sure?

26-May-19
Big boy for sure!

26-May-19
What was the date that you killed that big rascal, Eyad? My 2 biggest bodied bucks were shot on Halloween before the rut really kicked in. It’s amazing how much weight they can drop once the rut gets fired up.

27-May-19

Hawkeye's embedded Photo
Hawkeye's embedded Photo
It was October 21st Troy and I agree. It was a couple days before the 'Rutting' moon as the late Charles Alsheimer would say--the second full moon after the fall equinox.

I can't say I've ever paid that much attention to it but after I took this buck I started to read more about it and thought back through the years. The buck activity on cams soared that week and there is definitely something to it..although not quite sure what that is.

More of a surreal fact to add to the story--check out this page from Alsheimer's book " Hunting Whitetails By the Moon."

I was reading it again after I took my buck and came across this chart. Check out the date where my pencil is.

October 21st..first Chase Period day he listed and they were definitely doing that as I remember being shocked how he came into the field so early after another buck was bird-dogging a doe.

Remember...it was written 20 years before that fateful day:) Weird :0

• Sitka Gear