Coyote 65 15-Apr-20
Ward's Outfitters 16-Apr-20
Scooby-doo 16-Apr-20
Jim Southwick 18-Apr-20
23-May-19

Ward's Outfitters's embedded Photo
Ward's Outfitters's embedded Photo

Ward's Outfitters's Link
The American Archery Vortex 100 grain All Steel 2.0 is available for preorder at a discounted rate. The heads will ship prior to June 1st. The 100 grain all steel has been in the testing phases for over a year now and has been designed to take on the largest game without failure.

23-May-19
"All heads fail at some point." "A sharp 4 blade fixed head will never fail." I'm confused...

23-May-19
"Just my opinion means nothing "

Agreed.

23-May-19
Vortex heads have withstood the test of time and have long-since been proven to be among the toughest.

Similarly, those eager to critique products they've never used, have long since been proven as trolls.

23-May-19
Pat How sir do you assume they will Fail?

23-May-19
Even if you weld this head closed so it's not mechanical, it is still a two blade head with sharp cutting surfaces. Something most other mechanical's do not offer.

23-May-19
By Pat's definition I'm not sure whey he bothers to shoot a bow, or hunt at all, because somehow, someday, one of his pieces of equipment will fail...

23-May-19
Pat you are correct that anything can fail. My promise to you is that, Vortex will always deploy, Blades and Ferrell will not break on an animal.

23-May-19
Is the 100gr shorter than the 125? Trying to figure out where the 25 grains comes out.

23-May-19
I see threads like this and it reminds me of how wise the old saying "if you have nothing good to say keep your mouth shut" is.

23-May-19
Pot meet kettle.

I don’t remember wards asking you for you opinion pat. Was there a question in the Op asking for your 2 cents?

23-May-19
Only one troll here, and it isn't Brotsky...My ordered has been placed.

23-May-19
Will definitely give these a go come fall. Had nothing but good luck with Vortex through the years. Looks like a solid head and thanks Steve!

23-May-19
I like the improvements...good work

23-May-19
What is the blade thickness?

23-May-19
Ucsdryder If you look at the photo attached you will see the body had material strategically removed from the 125 grain 2.0 all steel

23-May-19
Pat, if you didn’t care you wouldn’t have taken the time to respond. Go shoot your bow, drink a beer, enjoy some springtime weather. It’s all better than bitching online about something you’re not going to change anyone’s mind about.

23-May-19
Ambush The blades are 32/1000

23-May-19
Its not that we don't like your opinion. Its the nobody asked your opinion nor wanted it.

23-May-19
My order has been in..just waiting on the goods!

23-May-19
So .032” thick?

I’m not a two blade fan (of any design) but definitely prefer a good mechanical. Might give these a try.

If it’s ok with pat that is.

23-May-19
Pat you sir are a dense individual. Here’s the issue. A sponsor comes on and posts a new Broadhead that many people are excited about with a pre-order opportunity at a discounted rate and out of nowhere you come on and start bashing his Broadhead. It’s not the time nor place to discuss mechanical vs fixed. And it’s a free country but freedom of speech only lasts so far on here.

Thanks wards for sponsoring the site and I really like the looks of that head.

23-May-19
It's all good guys. Pat is simply stating his opinion. I appreciate a good debate at times. Keep in mind the discounted rate is only good until June 1st.

23-May-19
They look good, Steven.......keep rockin’ it my friend!

23-May-19
I love a good Pat thread as of late. Never anything good to say but it’s damn sure funny watching him dig his hole deeper.

23-May-19
"I’m an asshole! Ha."

Wow, two posts on one thread I agree with you!

23-May-19
I had a 4 blade COC head fail on game, but never a Vortex.

Not to say it couldn't, just that I've shot a lot more game with Vortex than with 4 blade COC's with fewer failures.

23-May-19
Top notch product with proven results! And saying that all mechanicals will fail, but a fixed blade won’t is horse crap. Plenty of fixed blades are complete and utter failures!

24-May-19
It's a simple design but it flat out works. I'll be hunting with Vortex this fall.

24-May-19
I can be ass myself....but I do try to keep my head out of the hole, especially in public.

Spent a lot of time with Steven Ward as well. Makes a terrific broadhead, die hard guide and hunter, dedicated family man and has to problem standing up for himself, his family and friends, or his livelihood to the likes of alias "Pat".

24-May-19
The only broadhead that is ever failed me was a cut on contact 4 blade muzzy. it was in front of a heavy arrow and I was bringing so much kinetic energy that the tips were folding over blunt when I was hitting ribs killing all of my penetration. My son was shooting the same head had the same results on the same trip to Africa.

24-May-19
Forest has a better reputation and more integrity than you will earn here in the next 50 years, if you could last that long. I take his word as fact, he's not the only one that has had bad experiences with some fixed heads, I would rather shoot a Vortex than a Muzzy any day.

24-May-19
Man my brain went just a full loop for.

Steve those heads look really good. Always wanted to try some, but the exchange and shipping really kills a Canadian these days. Congrats on the design I hope it does really well for you. Big fan of stainless ferrules.

24-May-19
Eh Muzzy is old news No comparison to Slick Tricks. Besides didn’t Rage buy Muzzy? All China made now.

15-Apr-20

15-Apr-20
I have been shooting them for 2 years now. Unfortunately only at targets. They really are well made and shoot like darts. I superglue the blades in place for my target heads. One of these days an animal will stand still long enough for me to shoot it. Please, please, please lord..

15-Apr-20
How did the super glue work? I bought some but couldn't practice with them so never took them hunting. I asked about making a practice head but couldn't get one.

15-Apr-20
I tried super glue back in the day and it didn't hold for more than a couple/few shots. Epoxy maybe? Floss and metal ties they used to have a the grocery store veggie section didn't work too well either.

My solution was just to buy some more o-rings and designate a couple of heads as practice heads. I have since quit practicing with them because they hit the same POI as field points within archery range.

Tip: the aluminum ferrule heads will eventually get a little burr at the base of the blade slot from the blades slamming open and these burrs eat o-rings. A little work with a fine file every few shots keeps them humming.

One thing that exercise really taught me is how unlikely the claim of blades not opening were. I couldn't keep the heads from deploying no matter how hard I tried.

15-Apr-20
I've done the super glue on blades to make a practice head. Works good.

15-Apr-20
I was thinking about ordering some and now i am definitely....... I just wish I could have read the missing posts!!

15-Apr-20
I tried the bread ties & small zip ties that was recommended. They were a pain to deal with. I'll try to glue a couple shut & try that. Thanks

15-Apr-20
Who is Pat??

15-Apr-20
Last season was the first that I used an expandable. (Vortex 125 steel) I bent the blades on a used one where they lay inside the body and they hold themselves in tight enough that they don’t open in flight. After each shot I just close it up with pliers and that works fine.

15-Apr-20
Use a heavy super glue. I use Gorilla Gel. I just like shootin broadheads sometimes. I only shoot the 2" Steel 100's. Good Luck

15-Apr-20

ki-ke's embedded Photo
ki-ke's embedded Photo
ki-ke's embedded Photo
ki-ke's embedded Photo
ki-ke's embedded Photo
ki-ke's embedded Photo
I used Vortex heads for the 1st time last season. Stole them from Shug......(don't tell him)

I shot a few whitetails with them. Flawless performance, all but one complete passthrough. On the one that didn't make two holes, it was a head on shot out of a high stand. I was at full draw when the doe stopped and decided to look up the tree I was in. She did that to every tree she passed on the way in. As soon as her chin cleared the throat patch, I released.....Besides the grotesque entry hole, the head completely severed 4 ribs and lodged in the sternum. For a pile of bone encounter, I believe the blades remained in decent shape. The edge of both blades was amazingly intact.

Only complaint I have is that they could certainly be sharper out of the box. I disassembled every head and sharpened each blade, which was a bit of a chore, but beyond that, I like them well enough to buy more!

15-Apr-20
I can attest to the toughness of the broadhead. I centerpunched a chainlink fence post, did not get a pass thru, the blades deployed and stopped the head. One of the blades was bent, the rest of the head was ok the point was ok, If I had a spare set of blades I could have swapped them in and been confident with the broadhead.

This was on a 125 gr. in the 90's, and I am sure they have gotten.

Terry

16-Apr-20
Guys thanks for the feed back. I have found that the gel Super Glue works great with keeping the blades shut. We still recommend you have the o-ring in place even if the blades are glued shut. This year starting in June The American Archer hosted by Tom Nelson will be airing new shows using Vortex Broadheads. if you get a chance and have the Outdoor channel be sure to watch and see some amazing blood trails.

16-Apr-20
Try a shoulder shot on a 250# whitetail and see how much penetration you get. Not that you should but mistakes happen. I would much rather shoot a 3 on 1- 3 blade and take my chances. Shawn

18-Apr-20
Placed my order, cant wait.

• Sitka Gear