Bowboy 27-May-19
Busta'Ribs 28-May-19
Smtn10PT 28-May-19
Florida Mike 28-May-19
Zmax 30-May-19
Shawn 30-May-19
Genesis 30-May-19
25-May-19
Well after 5 straight years of getting a Kansas archery tag my luck ran out this year !

25-May-19
I knew this was coming, I have a few friends who did not draw last year and a couple the year before that. I just bought a point so I will draw next year I would think! Shawn

25-May-19
I didn’t draw either... WTF!

25-May-19
Same here. Bummed.

25-May-19
I just went to my spot and hung 8 stands this last week. To say I’m disappointed is an understatement.

25-May-19
I guess I’ll be the odd man out. Not only did I draw, but I got the mule deer upgrade!!

25-May-19
First time in 4 years I didn’t draw, I guess I should’ve put my 2nd choice first since there are usually leftover tags for that unit

25-May-19
I’m hearing there are ZERO leftovers this year

25-May-19
I have 2 buddy's that didn't draw

25-May-19
I am now a Kansas resident :)

25-May-19
I drew 14-12

25-May-19
After 2 years strait of drawing we didn’t draw either. Not sure what plan B is yet but we need one.

25-May-19
I'll wander into Wal-Mart the day before season and "draw" my $22.50 tag.

25-May-19
?? Sweet!

25-May-19
Jason, can I come live with you?? Establish residency and than go buy my 22.50 tag too?? I did not put in this year but I bought a point so I should be good for next year! Shawn

25-May-19
Do you draw it it crayon or do they let you use ink bwahaha

I'll wander into Wal-Mart the day before season and "draw" my $22.50 tag.

I'm not too worried about it got mule deer in Montana and Nebraska to keep me busy and hopefully antelope too !

I have enough poiints for Iowa but still researching that out .

25-May-19
That's funny! Actually us resident landowners get it a bit cheaper so I take full advantage of it.

25-May-19

Zmax's embedded Photo
Typical Ks corn field.
Zmax's embedded Photo
Typical Ks corn field.
Sign of Trumps Economy and xgun inclusion.

The kdwpt will find it very difficult to not allow the legislature to raise quotas, based on "demand"..

Thankfully, Rep. Ken Corbet was defeated with his "transferable tag" legislation. You can bet he along with Joel Wimer and others are pissed. I have little doubt they are kissing butts, getting ready to propose the same bs bill again next year.

More rain falling in ks now..a lot of stands under water.

25-May-19

Thornton's embedded Photo
Thornton's embedded Photo
I agree, everything is flooded with more rain on the way. I'm 38, lived here my whole life and never seen it this bad. This is the Whitewater River in the hills of Butler County. Normally it is 20-30 yds wide. Lately it has been 1/4-1/2 a mile wide. I fear a lot of wildlife have drowned

26-May-19
I will be coming back in 2019!

26-May-19
Wow, seems like a lot of people missed drawing. I haven't applied in Kansas for awhile but my partner and I did draw this year. Based on last year's apps I figured we had over a 90% chance so wasn't really surprised. But with so many here not drawing I wonder if apps were way up this year.

26-May-19
Me and my buddy both got tags.

26-May-19
That's funny! Actually us resident landowners get it a bit cheaper so I take full advantage of it. As it should be I expect to pay a lower price where I reside as to that of a non-resident. As far as the rain you don't have it all we have a strawberry festival here every spring near the main river and the whole area is under water for the first time in 40 years they have to move it or cancel it. And where I turkey hunt it looks more like the swamps of Florida then a forest lol

26-May-19
Unit 16 for Me

27-May-19
I drew 16 as well

27-May-19
I drew 12.

28-May-19
Zone 1 successful

28-May-19
I am in! This will be my first time bowhunting KS deer!

28-May-19
Kansas hasn't rebounded from the CWD in 2014. Plus a lot of guys shoot 120" deer for meat. I'll wait another year or two to hunt Kansas again. It may never get back to what it was unless people start letting the young deer grow. Goodluck to ya'll anyway. FM

30-May-19

Zmax's Link
Confusing cwd with ehd and believing the entire state was effected by either does not lend creedence to your statement.

Ks will never get back to what it was pre-1994

30-May-19
I believe one of the biggest issues with NR's is a lot of them come from states where 120" buck is a true trophy(the northeast ecsp) so when that first bomber 2.5 year old with 115" rack walks out they get excited and shoot it. I know of very few easterners who pass any 3.5 year old they see in Kansas or Iowa. Iowa limits the tags which helps. i have hunted Kansas 4 times in the last 7 years and I see it all the time. I had a Just this past year I had 3 guys from Mass. all come back to the motel I was staying out and all of them had tagged out, same day withn a couple hours of each other. Everyone swore all their deer would go over 130"s. I knew none would so we measure and the biggest grossed 127"s. I don't blame the guys and it is their tag and they were all thrilled but I can see why the resident guys get a bit upset with these folks. I came home empty handed last year but I passed a few good deer and one on m 3rd day there that would of been around 140"s. I did not put in this year but I did buy a point, that is what it has come too. If you want to be assured of drawing buy a point or two, they are cheap compared to the $65 I just paid in Iowa! Again good luck to all who drew, it is gonna be an unusual year out there with all the rain they have had. I wish everyone the best! Shawn

30-May-19
Yes,my home county has never had a PY entry....let me preapologize.

• Sitka Gear