c5ken 09-Jun-19
Tyler 09-Jun-19
Tyler 09-Jun-19
BOWNBIRDHNTR 10-Jun-19
axle2axle 11-Jun-19
26-May-19

Tyler's embedded Photo
Tyler's embedded Photo
Good morning everyone! My 2019 season is nearly underway! Hunters arrive in a week. I have started the trip to camp this morning. Loaded up and 2600km to go! Hope you all enjoy following along on this seasons Buff hunts.

26-May-19
See you in a couple weeks!

—Jim

26-May-19
Cant wait for you to start posting pics. Ive got to get over there soon.

26-May-19
Looking forward to following along Tyler! Have a great season!!

27-May-19
Oh yes, I will enjoy! Good luck again this season!

27-May-19
Good luck Mate!!! How many km's is the drive to camp from your house?

27-May-19
I’m not sure about Tyler, but it’s about 9,150 miles from my house! Gonna be some serious travel!

—Jim

27-May-19
Looking forward to the pics and stories in this thread.

28-May-19
Looking forward to this thread!

Good luck on your hunt, Jim!

28-May-19

Tyler's embedded Photo
Open road
Tyler's embedded Photo
Open road
Tyler's embedded Photo
Tyler's embedded Photo
Tyler's embedded Photo
Tyler's embedded Photo
Tyler's embedded Photo
Tyler's embedded Photo
Thanks for the well wishes. I'm about half way now. The drive is 2800km. I don't mind it though pretty relaxing. Spent last night in Jericho in my swag at the show grounds and have just stopped at walkabout creek hotel the pub where crocodile Dundee was filmed.

28-May-19
Looking forward to following this one as well! Good luck!!

28-May-19
Hello Tyler,

Good luck with the upcoming season.

I talked to Kerry a few days ago & he's all pumped up.

Keep the picture/info coming... Best of luck!!

28-May-19
Last bit of service here at the Barkly Homestead. Update June 3rd after camp setup and a bit of scouting.

29-May-19
Have a great season Tyler! Looking forward to your post and some brilliant pictures!!! Wow... Your rig is almost unrecognizable, it's so clean LOL

02-Jun-19
Toooo funny Ilene. I can assure you she gets a nice life outside of buffalo camp! Well serviced and always clean. It's been lifted a couple inches since last year too but hard to tell with all the gear on board!

02-Jun-19

Tyler's embedded Photo
Camp arrival
Tyler's embedded Photo
Camp arrival
Tyler's embedded Photo
Camp set up
Tyler's embedded Photo
Camp set up
The remainder of the drive was much the same arrival at the property first thoughts are man is it ever dry. Apparently there wasn't much of a wet season. Very little grass/ground cover the buff have it chewed down pretty well. No burnt areas with green feed either initial thoughts are it could be a challenging season. With all that said camp set up went well and to my knowledge I didn't forget anything. Oh and I saw plenty of shooter buff plenty of scrub bulls one wild dog and one giant boar. I got some photos only of the bulls that were within 100 yards of the track plenty others spotted at a distance. First hunters arrive in 30 minutes!

02-Jun-19

Tyler's embedded Photo
90incher
Tyler's embedded Photo
90incher
Tyler's embedded Photo
High 90s
Tyler's embedded Photo
High 90s
Tyler's embedded Photo
Tyler's embedded Photo
Tyler's embedded Photo
This guy had lots of curl would go high 90s but doesn't look it in this photo
Tyler's embedded Photo
This guy had lots of curl would go high 90s but doesn't look it in this photo

02-Jun-19

Tyler's embedded Photo
Tyler's embedded Photo
Tyler's embedded Photo
Tyler's embedded Photo
Tyler's embedded Photo
Tyler's embedded Photo
This little fella could make a cool mount in 5 or more years

02-Jun-19
Very cool markings on that last bull for sure! Keep it coming, Tyler!

02-Jun-19
See you in about a week! Grow some grass for me to hide behind before i get there though! Thanks.

—Jim

02-Jun-19
Very interesting, looking forward to following along.

03-Jun-19
Let the fun begin! Very cool markings on that young bull....what do you say T-roy, start planning to chase him in about 5 years?

03-Jun-19
Looking forward to following along Tyler...thanks for the heads up. That first bull looks like a bruiser! Keep it coming. Kevin

03-Jun-19
Some real nice looking bulls!!! Good luck on the season and please keep the pics coming.

03-Jun-19
Jim, Have fun, shoot straight and don’t forget the Bacardi! Tyler, Jim’s okay but keep both eyes on him!

09-Jun-19
Tyler, Your killing me.... Where's the update on week one?? I need to get back there soon..

09-Jun-19

Tyler's embedded Photo
Tyler's embedded Photo
Afternoon 1. Stalked 100 incher he got nervous at 75 yards. Stalked 80 incher got to 32 and saw shadows

Thom shot scrubber

Day1 morningThom stalked a bedded buff got to 21 yards and double lung shot the buff for a short recovery of 50 yards. We stalked a mid 90s lost in the river. Stalked to 21 yards of 70inch bull. Stalked 22 yards of scrubber busted drawing.

Day2 Tim shot buff. Was a bit of a rodeo from what I heard. I busted my toe. Jake passed young bulls and got to 45 yards of a good bull.

Day 3 was a bit of a slow day. Only shots fired were at a wild dog at 50 yards with a longbow. Got the dog on the bounce but only with the back end.

Day 4 was a full day out from camp. Mission 1 was getting jake a bull. Mission accomplished at 11AM 25 yard quartering away shot hit a touch far back 1 lung only. Thom missed a sub 10 yard shot at a cat that worked down a dry creek right to us. Thom also missed a white dog on a uphill shot around the 20 yard mark shooting low. We thenFished with no luck at the big hole where we had lunch. had a swimsuit the hot springs and road hunted back to camp. Tim and I stalked a bull got busted and I called him into 35 yards no shot taken.

Day 5 stalked to 15 yards of 100 incher no shot through thick cover then got busted. Jake missed short horn bull at 15 yards. Thom arrowed 2 pigs after a long mornings walk. The swamps are dry so pigs will be hard come by this year. Saw 2 big scrub bulls as well one that Dino knows as 4H!

Day 6 was a good one with big plans to go hard it paid off with Mick and Jake taking an old cow at 30 yards and Tim and I getting a buff that should go in the high 90s.

It was a very busy week so my apologies for not being as detailed as I normally am. All up the boys had about 20 stalks each and took home all they wanted.

09-Jun-19

Tyler's embedded Photo
Tyler's embedded Photo
More photos to come next week. Heading back to camp.

10-Jun-19
Good job. Looking forward to the pics! Best of luck with the next group.

11-Jun-19
Nicely done Tyler! Your guys are getting it done...looking forward to the rest of the stories and photos as time permits. Kevin

• Sitka Gear