JTreeman 03-Jun-19
JohnMC 03-Jun-19
keepemsharp 03-Jun-19
02-Jun-19
Have not

02-Jun-19

HUNT MAN's embedded Photo
HUNT MAN's embedded Photo
Yes lots. Ground squrriels , rockchucks , prairie dogs. Hard on arrows. Great practice.

02-Jun-19
Yes. I set up a ground blind one time on a rarely hunted dog town. I think I got two. I don’t know how successful you’d be if you tried it on a town that sees hunting pressure. They’re pretty damn smart little rodents. If you got there about the time the young ones emerge from the dens, you’d have a very target rich environment however.

02-Jun-19
Shot at many w/longbow. About 160 fps. They always seemed to be gone when the arrow arrived.

02-Jun-19

02-Jun-19
Slick Trick, right in the head...

02-Jun-19

I have several PD rifles, most of which I have designed and built myself, all with obscure wildcat chamberings. This one is in 17/23 SMc for example...but I thoroughly enjoy slinging sticks at them! An absolute blast.

02-Jun-19
Shot a few with my bow....a lot more with rifles. They are string jumpers as noted. Be aware of plaque risks from handling them, bloody arrows and getting fleas off the carcass. I prefer not to shoot them with the bow for those reasons. If you do bow hunt them, judos or blunts work....field points not so much at least not without an “added” or washer behind between the field point and arrow.

02-Jun-19
Nice Gearhead bow Krieger! Love mine.

02-Jun-19

spike78's Link
You want to see some prairie dog shooting? Tim Wells 120 yards no sights.

02-Jun-19

JTreeman's embedded Photo
JTreeman's embedded Photo
I’ve shot bunches. They can get pretty smart. I’m not a great shot, but have killed them from 8 to 80 yards, and missed a LOT more then I’ve killed!

—jim

02-Jun-19
They carry the black plague on fleas. i shoot w rifle but never go near them I don't want to be the fleas next host

02-Jun-19
I shoot them a lot with rifles. No interest in doing so with archery gear.

03-Jun-19
Ha, I’m the opposite, I have no interest in shooting them with a rifle ;)

—Jim

03-Jun-19
I shot several with judos and the arrow hits ground behind them and the damn things go there hole with my arrow.

03-Jun-19
The Kansas Bowhunters Assoc. has an annual prairie dog hunt every spring and it's a hoot, would like to invite you all.

• Sitka Gear