bowhunter24 06-Jun-19
Scar Finga 06-Jun-19
trophyhill 06-Jun-19
Ski-Skin 08-Jun-19
trophyhill 08-Jun-19
Ski-Skin 08-Jun-19
Heat 09-Jun-19
05-Jun-19
So I have been 1 lucky Hunter since I started hunting with a bow in 2008. Many on Bowsite and a couple other forums have helped me out along the way.

I've drawn some great tags, met some great people, and filled my freezer more often than not in this short career. Thank you too all who have helped me along the way!

The Lord truly does work in mysterious ways. Rewind to Memorial weekend. I love to fish! I am a decent bass angler, but even better and prefer walleye! On my way out of town, I saw a beggar and tossed her a 20 on the on ramp. I remember thinking about something the Bible says about being rewarded 10 fold. (I am not a super religious person, but I do believe that Christ died on the cross for all of us)

I thought no more about it. My boat and travel trailer are/were parked at my buddies place at my fav walleye lake. I caught enough fish to tide me over during that weekend and came home Monday afternoon.

Thursday I get a call telling me my boat was stolen. You talk about a bummer. 1988, 17' Grumman with a 70 horse Merc. Fished Lake Powell every weekend when I was working in Junction on the Western Slope and spanked walleye when they told me I couldn't. Caught walleye everywhere I've put that boat on the water, and now it's gone!

I had to put that to rest and move forward thinking about my upcoming Gila archery elk hunt, and my upcoming January Rutting mule deer hunt to keep from being a bitter person, knowing that no matter how bad we think we have it, there are always others who have it far worse than I could ever be. I mean.....a thousand dollar boat compared to others hard ships? C'mon man!

FF to today. I drew a CO deer and elk tag! Plus I have a Gila elk tag and SE NM plains Rutting mule deer tag! I feel so blessed!

Moral of the story? Give and you will be blessed! Yes 10 fold is putting it mildly! Thank you God for blessing me, and may God bless you all! Good luck on your hunts!

05-Jun-19
Good stuff, David! Let me know if I can help with CO

05-Jun-19
Good luck on your hunts

05-Jun-19
I bet your boat will also show up. Luck is good. Paul

06-Jun-19
Just the beginning of this story, great start.

06-Jun-19
Sounds like you're on a roll....minus the boat thing. Congrats on the success. I'd like to know what you think that $20 will be spent on?

06-Jun-19

06-Jun-19
Have fun and enjoy!!

Good luck, Robb

06-Jun-19
Great attitude! Good luck this fall!

06-Jun-19
Congrats and shoot a big one!

06-Jun-19
Your $20 dollar gift may have changed that person far more than you’ll ever know.

06-Jun-19
Ha Ha Dave sounds like you're living right my friend! Glad to see good came out of things! You have the right attitude, sucks about your boat though!

ElkNut/Paul

06-Jun-19
Good things happen to good people! A positive outlook on life is priceless. Kudos.

06-Jun-19
I gave $5 to a guy sitting along an off ramp in St. Paul, MN last summer. Later I got to thinking that if several people per hour gave this guy money, he might be making more than I do. LOL. But anyways, good fortune for you trophyhill. I hope God continues to bless you, that man in St. Paul, and the gal you gave the $20 to.

06-Jun-19
More than the $20, I believe God looks on the motive of our heart. Yours must have been right my friend! Enjoy the blessings....much to be grateful for! And I'll bet we hear more from you after these awesome hunts!

06-Jun-19
so $20 bucks and a $1000 boat for drawing CO elk and deer instead of points? Hmmm...

06-Jun-19
Points? Elk was 2nd choice so I still got my point ;)

06-Jun-19
Appreciate hearing about guys like you, David. I volunteer at our local homeless shelter and I always leave feeling uplifted in some way, as odd as that sounds. I believe everyone wants to be happy. And you will be on those deer and elk hunts. Good luck and let us know how it goes! You'll be able to drop a spare backstrap off with the next roadside person you see!

06-Jun-19
Your welcome to fish with me any time you come to MO!

06-Jun-19
Trophy Hill,

Congratulations on your tags and I wish you the best of luck, I am sorry to for the loss of your boat, but...

Christ knows your heart, not man. I believe the same way as you brother! When I am "Moved" I give freely, and when I am not, I don't. It doesn't matter what the person does with the $$$, that is between them and the Lord!

It is not for me to Judge, as I am just as evil/ bad as they are... So says the Bible, and I truly believe it! If not for the grace of God, but go I!

I am truly blessed every single day, even when the days are bad in my eyes!!! If you would like an explanation to that, PM me and I would be very happy to discuss the awesome forgiveness and blessings of Christ!!!! Especially in my life!

I am not holier than thou, just very blessed, as we all are here... I am a sinner, but I have been forgiven by the ever lasting grace and love of Christ my savior!

I don't know what lead me to share that, but I felt moved to do so...

God Bless Brothers!

06-Jun-19
Wow thanks guys! And thank you Scar Finga!

08-Jun-19
Trophyhill Which Gila tag?? 15, a,c,d?

08-Jun-19
Ski, none of the above, or could be all of the above ;)

08-Jun-19
ha just wondering, ive been down there the last two years looking for sheds. Found some good one too!!

09-Jun-19
Hope you get yout boat back too! Good Luck!

• Sitka Gear