BULELK1 08-Jun-19
BULELK1 08-Jun-19
BULELK1 08-Jun-19
BULELK1 08-Jun-19
BULELK1 08-Jun-19
ElkNut1 08-Jun-19
06-Jun-19

BULELK1's embedded Photo
Sheep Creek Bay Flaming Gorge//I am enjoying my Summer Buzz H-cut too!
BULELK1's embedded Photo
Sheep Creek Bay Flaming Gorge//I am enjoying my Summer Buzz H-cut too!
'morning All,

I did another of my Photo Scouting, lay of the land, access ect. trips for a fellow Bowsiter that drew the Wyo 31 Bull Elk tag for this fall.

Him being from back in N. Carolina, it was a little easier for me to pitch in and help him out.

Plus we also have a few fellow Bowsiters that have applied for Wyo 102 Mule Deer and I have quite a few pix of the SW side of 102

This also is Antelope unit 112

Moose 44

Predator Zone for Wolves

A lot of this Unit is within the Flaming Gorge Lake Recreation Area and allows hunting.

I came in from the Utah side via Sheep Creek Bay and then over thru Dutch John, Utah

Thanks for taking the time to view

#Lovin'Life,

Robb

06-Jun-19

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo
For these units it is closer to stay on the Utah side rather than the 50 some mile 1 way trip out of Rock Springs or Green River Wyo

Of course being summer and the tourist season Rates/Fuel ect are kinda High!!

06-Jun-19

BULELK1's embedded Photo
Nothing Fancy but comfy------
BULELK1's embedded Photo
Nothing Fancy but comfy------

06-Jun-19

BULELK1's embedded Photo
36 degrees This early AM
BULELK1's embedded Photo
36 degrees This early AM
Right before Minnie's Gap and the Utah/Wyoming State line via Highway 191

06-Jun-19

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo
No Jeep on this Trip, the RZR2 and my F350, I've only put 418 miles on my F350 since the oil change back in mid January

06-Jun-19

BULELK1's embedded Photo
Plenty of 2 tracks off this main dirt 33 dirt road
BULELK1's embedded Photo
Plenty of 2 tracks off this main dirt 33 dirt road
And I'm Off!

06-Jun-19

BULELK1's embedded Photo
I've figured out how to use my Selfie Stick and use my iPhone XR, kinda tricky at first with the plug in not a match.
BULELK1's embedded Photo
I've figured out how to use my Selfie Stick and use my iPhone XR, kinda tricky at first with the plug in not a match.
Man it was cold riding for the first hour or 2 and I did have my AR with me just in case on Yotes or maybe a stray wolf

Alright, thanks for viewing, as you know I am off to the gym by 0500 then out hiking this early AM back here @ home

More to follow

Good luck, Robb

06-Jun-19
Congrats to the Bowsiter with the unit 31 tag. Thanks, Robb!

06-Jun-19
Nice country. Looking forward to more pictures. Lee

07-Jun-19

BULELK1's embedded Photo
Big Wide Open country with deep patches of Cedars and PJ's
BULELK1's embedded Photo
Big Wide Open country with deep patches of Cedars and PJ's

07-Jun-19

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo
I made it up to Aspen Peak area of Little Mountain, covered in Quakies/Aspens but still just budding out with no leaves yet.

I saw a small herd of Velvet Bulls and then off in another direction a Solo Bigger Velvet Bull.

07-Jun-19

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo
I put 88 miles on the RZR2, round trip, I went as far north in the unit before more Private Property and the border with Wyo-30 Bull Elk unit.

07-Jun-19

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo
Mule Deer in Velvet, some real nice Antelope Bucks and 2 'Bullwinkle' Bull Moose just with stubs Velvet antlers growing.

07-Jun-19

BULELK1's embedded Photo
Great High Points to Glass and then plan a Spot-n-Stalk
BULELK1's embedded Photo
Great High Points to Glass and then plan a Spot-n-Stalk

07-Jun-19

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo
Kind of surprised me but the biggest Velvet Bull Elk I saw was down low just off a back bay on the lake that I actually thought look very Big Muley Buck type country than elk.....

07-Jun-19

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo
I keep my iPhone XR charged as I was using my OnxMaps Off Grid option, I would go in and out of having cell service (xFinity Mobile/Verizon supported)

07-Jun-19

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo
Scattered throughout the unit had these Cattleman Grazing water tanks with some salt blocks.

A guy might be able to pattern an animal's movement to water and set-up an ambush, NO Doubt later in the summer, trail cam's will be on all the solo cedar fence post!! haha

07-Jun-19

BULELK1's embedded Photo
A lil' Pricey for a Gas can but I sure like the ones I have in 2 1/2 gallon and a 5 gallon.
BULELK1's embedded Photo
A lil' Pricey for a Gas can but I sure like the ones I have in 2 1/2 gallon and a 5 gallon.
Some wrap up pix and this-n-that in the morning.

Thanks for taking the time to view and I am pretty sure I have answered the questions I have received.

Good Luck, Robb

07-Jun-19
I own a couple of those Surecans, best investment I ever made! Beats the hell out of a regular gas container!

Good luck on the scouting, is Pine Mountain in that unit?

ElkNut/Paul

07-Jun-19
Enjoying these pictures.

07-Jun-19
Awesome! I put in for 31, I appreciate the photos of your trip BULELK1

08-Jun-19

BULELK1's embedded Photo
Yes I do have a Rack over the back to those that asked
BULELK1's embedded Photo
Yes I do have a Rack over the back to those that asked
Thanks

Paul--I'm pretty sure Pine Mountain is southeast of Rock Springs, more in Unit 30/Northeast 32 than in 31.

I'm @ 50" so I didn't have any restrictions on my RZR2 for those that have asked privately.

There are so many 2-tracks, some look more like 1-track!! that an e Assit Mountain Bike would be a wonderful tool to have!

08-Jun-19

BULELK1's embedded Photo
The gas can fits nicely under the OEM rack.
BULELK1's embedded Photo
The gas can fits nicely under the OEM rack.
My utility box contains survival stuff, winch assist straps ect, oil, antifreeze, tire flat plug and small air compressor, gloves, Firestarter and the like......

08-Jun-19

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo
Look offers a 7 x 12 model that tows great and is a perfect fit for the Trail Restriction 50" but has a full size drop down ramp and side door for walking upright in and out.

08-Jun-19

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo
I add carpet to the floor to help keep it clean for re-sale in the future by just removing the carpet plus I like to have a hangin' rack for clothes and I do my own Wallpapering-ha

08-Jun-19

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo
Right across the Utah/Wyoming border on the Wyo side via highway 191 is this Spring Creek option for lodging and they use to offer pack out services.

08-Jun-19

BULELK1's embedded Photo
About 15 minutes from the unit drive on pavement
BULELK1's embedded Photo
About 15 minutes from the unit drive on pavement
Back into Utah and the small town of Dutch John which is the Hub for World Class fishing on the Famed Green River, Via Little Hole has some options for fuel, eats, camp gear, fresh water and some shower day use.

08-Jun-19

BULELK1's embedded Photo
'Bendover' fuel prices for sure!
BULELK1's embedded Photo
'Bendover' fuel prices for sure!

08-Jun-19

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo

08-Jun-19

BULELK1's embedded Photo
Very Important to have your 'Spot-n-Stalk' seat on these long and remote scouting trips!
BULELK1's embedded Photo
Very Important to have your 'Spot-n-Stalk' seat on these long and remote scouting trips!
Fun trip, Some how I did Facetime with the tag holder yesterday afternoon!! How embarrassing to admit! Dang good guy and he is excited.

I can understand why this unit takes Max points to draw, I also can see why the overlap deer unit/102 is also in the Max point type chance.

Kinda surprised at the big Antelope Bucks I saw, as I am in these overlap units most every spring for many years.

Thanks for taking the time to view and I am pretty sure I have answered all question I have received.

#LovinLife,

Robb

PS ~~ Next month will be Nv 111-113 as a couple of fellow bowsiters have drawn either, Antelope, Muley or Elk bow tags and I have a personal interest! ha

As it has been 3 years since my last hunt in 111-113 and I need to get myself an update.

08-Jun-19
Robb, thanks! I just recalled it's in 32.

ElkNut/Paul

• Sitka Gear