Charlie Rehor 08-Jun-19
fubar racin 08-Jun-19
huntperch 08-Jun-19
brunse 08-Jun-19
swampokie 08-Jun-19
elkstabber 10-Jun-19
SoDakSooner 10-Jun-19
06-Jun-19
when do they usually update the statistics? I'm wondering how close I was to drawing my unit.

06-Jun-19
Took about 5 days last month between CC hits on sheep/goat and posting the recaps. So maybe early to mid next week?

06-Jun-19
2019 Elk Stats are up - Wow talk about some point creep

06-Jun-19
Saw that. I think some people in no man's land are cashing in points before the whole state goes draw. People with 5-9 points putting in for zero point units.

06-Jun-19
Yeah. Total PP dumping this year

07-Jun-19
I think it's a combination of cashing in points because of uncertainty about the future as mentioned above, and thinking this is a really good year to hunt with the optimal season dates and moisture. Those factors all contributed to me deciding to cash in on a hunt I could have drawn for the last 4 years.

07-Jun-19
NR $100 annual increase to build points played a role.

07-Jun-19
Could be a great year with all the moisture up there still, 400-500%+ of average in the high country...

07-Jun-19
There is going to be some amazing growth this year. It would be a fun year to be hunting a high end unit with big bulls!

07-Jun-19
First one who sees them is supposed to post a link. You had one job, Brad. ;)

07-Jun-19
Someone spent 10 points on the tag I draw every single year?!?!

07-Jun-19
After applying for the first time ever, in 2018, I did not even bother this year with the new price increase just to apply. Personally, i didn’t feel it was worth it to accrue points in Colorado after that change was made.

07-Jun-19

Aspen Ghost's Link
I see a resident spent 17 points on a 0/1 point unit too. He could have easily hunted 61 with those points.

08-Jun-19
There are so many variables to consider when trying to understand the resident with 17 pts drawing a 0/1 pt unit.

Possibly wanted to hunt with a friend or family with limited time horizon? Thats just one scenario that comes to mind first.

08-Jun-19
He may know where a 400" bull is holed up too!

08-Jun-19
I spent 13 deer points on a 1 point unit after mulling over my options the last few years. Decision was based half on the actual hunt and half on other factors.

08-Jun-19
90 more Muzzy tags in 77 this year. Gonna be even more crowded that week.

08-Jun-19
What’s the daily limit on Squirrels? Gonna spend the month of September thinning the crop.

08-Jun-19
You might be out of luck, last time I looked squirrel season didn't open till October. Maybe I'm wrong. Grouse is open in September, for sure.

08-Jun-19
200 more bear tags in 77 also look out below

08-Jun-19
@ Charlie Rehor

The only small game you can hunt during archery season is marmot, coyotes and Richardson's ground squirrel.

Sounds like tasty table fare to me

08-Jun-19
Thanks for your help. I’m told Marmots taste like chicken. This is my first year getting a small game license from the State of Colorado. Usually I hunt big game. So nice of them to encourage me to get one.

08-Jun-19
Blue grouse are sure tasty and fall under that small game license

08-Jun-19
The small game license may play a role in things and the baby boomers will play a role also. It could be very different dynamics in coming years.

08-Jun-19
Are the 200 bear tags Archery or rifle ?? The 90 muzzy tags are...elk?

I have a muzzy deer tag for 77 this year.

08-Jun-19
700 rifle 300 archery 90 muzz bear tags in 75 751 77 78 771 I think are the numbers. Not all in 77 but plenty will be

10-Jun-19
Wow! That page that Aspen Ghost posted a link to is horrible. Seems like a terrible situation when there are 734 NRs with 20 points. And only 26 of them drew a tag.

Folks! Points don't gain interest and won't help you retire. There are way too many useless points being collected.

10-Jun-19
Couple of things I noticed about units I am used to. We drew our tag with 5 points this year, but only 2/3 of the people did. Now takes 6 to guarantee. It was 3 when we started applying with 2 points, which is what it should be. Unit 55 tags cut in half...a good thing, to 355, now no chance at all for a 2nd choice tag. Another unit we like has slid backward. Now possible to draw with 1pp, although not likely. A deer tag we have been collecting points for has dropped from 8 pp required to people drawing with 6 pp, So, not all doom and gloom everywhere. Also our favorite OTC unit went to 4pt bull or better, no cows, so might keep a few folks out of there (Actually happened last year I believe) Things are lining up pretty well for us in the near future.

• Sitka Gear