jingalls 08-Jun-19
lewis 10-Jun-19
BullBuster 10-Jun-19
lewis 10-Jun-19
BullBuster 10-Jun-19
Mad Trapper 11-Jun-19
shiloh 11-Jun-19
06-Jun-19
That is beautiful. I still am not tough enough to do it. Clover just seems so much easier, but the drought tolerance of alfalfa makes me want to try it again.

Good job.

06-Jun-19
Great looking stand, Pat! Did the deer utilize it late into the year, or somewhat abandon it after several frosts? My alfalfa/brome grass hay fields have turned into mostly brome grass this year. The deer have really hammered the alfalfa in them this year.

06-Jun-19
I'd like to hear your opinion in this vs a perennial clover plot.

07-Jun-19
Where do you get it?

07-Jun-19
How do they utilize this later in the year? Hunting season wise?

08-Jun-19
Has anyone overseeded alfafa with radishes, winter rye or brassicas in late summer or early fall? I’m thinking for soil aeration and tilth and for late season attraction.

08-Jun-19
The man behind Alfagraze. Summary Joe Bouton grew up in Washington County, Mississippi, USA, where his family farmed cotton and soybeans. He completed his BSc degree in agronomy from Mississippi State University, and the MSc and PhD degrees in plant breeding from the University of Florida. Dr. Bouton was a Professor at the University of Georgia (UGA) for 27 years and currently is an Emeritus Professor, Department of Crop and Soil Sciences and the Institute of Plant Breeding Genetics and Genomics, at UGA. He then became the Founding Director, Forage Improvement Division, The Samuel Roberts Noble Foundation and was a Senior Professor at Noble until his retirement in 2012. He currently runs his own consulting company, Bouton Consulting Group, LLC, and current clients include Forage Genetics International, America's Alfalfa, Pennington Seed, and Pastoral Genomics (New Zealand).

During his career, his breeding program developed 27 forage and bioenergy cultivars with 11 cultivars currently in commercial production, but is best known for the release of ‘Alfagraze’ alfalfa, ‘JesupMaxQ’ tall fescue (a.k.a. MaxP), ‘Durana’ white clover, and Blade EG1101, EG1102, and EG2101 switchgrasses. Recent research focused on assessing the practical application to the cultivar development process of transgenic and genomic biotechnologies.

Dr. Bouton has published over 150 peer reviewed papers and book chapters. His awards include the Richard R. Hill Achievement Award, Man of the Year in Service to Southeastern Agriculture by Progressive Farmer Magazine, UGA Creative Research Medal, Carl Sprengel Research Award by the American Society of Agronomy, the Massengale Lecturer, Crop Science Society of America, Garry Lacefield Distinguished Service Award, Kentucky Alfalfa Council, and Honorary Membership, North American Alfalfa Improvement Conference.

08-Jun-19
Great looking plot Pat what month did you plant it and with what mix yep you got my attention Lewis

08-Jun-19
How did you get the seed? I was turned down to use it for a food plot.

10-Jun-19
Pat are you out there Lewis

10-Jun-19
Do the deer like the BT?

10-Jun-19
You’ve come a long way pilgrim looks great congrats Lewis

10-Jun-19
nevermind. i see you caption

11-Jun-19
Need something for wet ground, but need to encourage usage. Do the deer use the trefoil much? What about the turkeys?

11-Jun-19
What about joint vetch?? I planted my first two plots of it last week. Should know by summer’s end.

• Sitka Gear