Bou'bound 08-Jun-19
Buskill 08-Jun-19
Wayne Helmick 08-Jun-19
Nick Muche 08-Jun-19
Owl 08-Jun-19
elkster 09-Jun-19
elkster 09-Jun-19
07-Jun-19
What outfit do those with experience recommend for an alaska boat based spit and stalk bear hunt. Thinking about a 2021 trip

08-Jun-19
Do you mean boat based as in you hunt from a boat cruising the shore each day to look for a bear or do you mean that plus actually staying and sleeping on a boat as your floating “camp” as well ? If you mean the latter I have no idea . If you mean the former I have done it unguided several times and I honestly can’t understand why anyone would pay for a guide . Never failed to get into bears( on POW ).

08-Jun-19
I mean a boat based camp like they do in AK. stay on boat, zodiac into shore, return to eat, sleep, dry off, etc.

08-Jun-19
Wish I had a good answer for ya , sounds like fun . I’d love to do that for Browns but I’ve not won the lottery yet .

08-Jun-19
Grant, That's probably the only hunt I would pay for. I've seen some on tv and it looks like a blast. I love seafood and can't imagine how fun it would be to leave the houseboat every morning in a skiff and cruise the bays looking for bears to stalk, or better yet call in with a predator call. Then come back and pull the crab pots and shrimp pots and catch a few fish for lunch. Sounds like a real relaxing hunt. I've seen Michelle Bachman do it on a few of her shows> Maybe you can google her old episodes and see who she went with. Or Muskeg on here either does it or will more than likely know someone who will. That would be an awesome hunt. Weather cooperating of course.

08-Jun-19

Nick Muche's embedded Photo
Nick Muche's embedded Photo
Hard to beat the food on a boat based hunt in Alaska!

08-Jun-19
Homer Ocean Charters is a top notch transporter and they run bear hunts. If you get on a boat with Billy or Roark, you'll eat like a king.

09-Jun-19
Ninilchik Charters.

I'm targeting the same hunt and dates as you.

09-Jun-19
Ninilchik Charters.

I'm targeting the same hunt and dates as you.

• Sitka Gear