rattling_junkie 09-Jun-19
Whip 09-Jun-19
badguybuster 09-Jun-19
SteveBNY 09-Jun-19
oldgoat 09-Jun-19
08-Jun-19

badguybuster's embedded Photo
badguybuster's embedded Photo
My overall results for the new AAE Trad Vanes. All shots were at 15 yards using a Toelke Whip. The 4" vanes (black and orange) were difficult to fletch. They are VERY soft and pliable. The base wants to turn once pressure is added. They flew well. I tried 2" rayzr 4 fletch, my standard 4" turkey feathers and the AAEs. The group pictured was typical. The field points are 200 grains

08-Jun-19
Thanks to Aron Snyder.....good ol' "elk reaper" has become quite the trad killer.

08-Jun-19
did you fletch them in a bitzinburger [spelling] ?

09-Jun-19
I remember when elk reaper made his Bowsite appearance. Well good for him. I have been using AAE vanes for years, though I did read about the new Trad vanes, haven't used those.

09-Jun-19
I've been playing with them ands so far am very impressed. They fly every bit as good as my feathers. As mentioned, they are a little tough to fletch with a Bitz. Other than that I haven't found their downside yet other than they aren't as "traditional" as feathers. But if you're sticking them on to carbon anyway who really cares?

09-Jun-19
Ya, i figured i try carbon first and wood next.

09-Jun-19
Couple things on fletching - hard helical and make sure the face of the clamp( the part that the "quill" goes against is straight. Sometimes they need a few file strokes.

09-Jun-19
I got to shoot some this morning, they flew awesome! I waterproof my feathers with that Rust-Oleum Never Wet outdoor fabric treatment and it pretty much lasts the life of the arrow, but eventually they will get wet if it's bad enough so I'd like to have a couple arrows fletched with them!

• Sitka Gear