Jaquomo 10-Jun-19
Franklin 12-Jun-19
Hancock West 12-Jun-19
Jaquomo 12-Jun-19
Inshart 14-Jun-19
Michael 15-Jun-19
SteveB 18-Jun-19
09-Jun-19
Looking for a decent otc guided elk hunt in Colorado to fill spot after not drawing. Any suggestions

09-Jun-19
Man, good luck. It’s gonna be tough, all the “decent” guys I know are way booked before now. I’m sure there are a few out there but they are gonna be few and far between. And leaves me asking the question “why do they still have spots”.

—Jim

09-Jun-19

standswittaknife's Link
Try calling Joey taverna or Ute Trail guide service. His unit is a draw unit but he does have some connections with vouchers annually. Not sure if he is completely booked or not yet but he’s one of the best guys you’ll ever meet..

09-Jun-19
Rockin R Hunting

Hit the Bowsite Sponsors Tab for reports and contact info. Good luck!

09-Jun-19

ki-ke's Link
When I don't draw, I've come to look forward to hunting with San Juan Outfitters in S. central Co. Fantastic experience in spectacular country.

Link attached.

09-Jun-19
Justin's, aka San Juan Outfiiters, isn't in south central Colorado. He's based out of Pagosa. He might have an opening, best thing is to call him.

09-Jun-19
Anthony- I say tomato, you sat tomato....yeah, PS is an inch and half west of south central Co.

But you are correct about calling him regarding an opening. I usually call him after the NM results come out and dash my hopes....

09-Jun-19
Bear Mtn Outfitters out of Kremmling. Brad had three spots open a week ago. Very good.

09-Jun-19
+1 on Bear Mountain

09-Jun-19
Pagosa, gmu 77, is considered sw. South central is Trinidad and the areas around there. I'm not sure how busy Justin will be during archery season, know he runs a lot of drop camps and hunts the area west of Pagosa pretty hard, in the Nuche wilderness.

09-Jun-19
I’ll give a vote to Bear Mtn. Good people, beautiful property, loads of elk.

10-Jun-19
Would it have been better if he had said south central MOUNTAINS? Cause that is where the majority of elk live in Colorado. (In the mountains)

10-Jun-19
I'd stay away from Bear Mountain.

10-Jun-19
I'd stay away from any advice from someone with a fake name who posts on here about anything

10-Jun-19
Buck N, if you're not a regular poster on Bowsite, you have to give more than a negative quip or else you'll be called out as a fraud for ulterior motives. Got more? Post your name and experience with dates. Or are you a competitor? If you have a real story, people will believe you. Otherwise, people wont.

10-Jun-19
Well.......First, I did not say anything negative. Secondly, I made no comment that anyone should have to choose to believe in. I merely stated what “ I” would do. If the original poster wanted to hear more details, they could request thru private and then nothing would have to be perceived as an attempt to publicly slander. If the OP chose not to, their choice and no one had to get butt hurt and defensive. It’s called having a little “tact”.

10-Jun-19
Having a fake profile is tact. Got it.

10-Jun-19
Where ya from Larry Barry? I'm familiar with a Larry Barry from around where I live, but I'm thinking it isn't you.

10-Jun-19
I know his brother, "Dingle". Have hunted with him on occasion.

10-Jun-19
I know nothing about Bear Mountain but I know the type that would post something like that and run. The kind that goes on a hunt and a guide works his butt off but things don't come together or opportunities get blown and then it's a "bad outfit" because someone came home empty handed.

10-Jun-19
I first hunted the place now called Bear Mountain in the mid 70s, four owners ago, and hunted it off and on until they started outfitting. Much of it was BLM before the land trades and I gained permission to hunt the private too. I hunted the BLM and ranch next door until 2012. I know current guides on the ranch. Helped carry the beer keg in for the open house party for the "chalet". Have stayed in the rustic "two story" backcountry cabin many times. The place is loaded with elk, relatively gentle terrain for elk country, and a variety of accommodations from rustic to modern.

The only way someone would have a bad experience is if they came into the hunt with a bad attitude or unrealistic expectations.

And I'm not afraid to register with my real name.

10-Jun-19
Jaquomo, I’ve sent you a private message.

10-Jun-19
"Jaquomo, I’ve sent you a private message. "

That doesn't really help the rest of us.

10-Jun-19
This thread took a weird turn..

10-Jun-19
I was an elk guide. I know there are always at least three sides to every "bad hunt" story. I advised Mr. Norris to own it with his real identity or stick to PMs.

10-Jun-19
Lou....If you hunted with his brother “Dingle” on occasion, maybe you should go back and revisit the “manscaping” thread?!

10-Jun-19
That was back before I knew about manscaping!

12-Jun-19
Buck Norris.....you want to hang around here you best keep your opinions to yourself...you got it....lol

12-Jun-19
Im not sure i agree with the fake name because where does the fake part begin and end? But i can understand it to a degree. If your a business owner or a person that just doesnt want your opinions to be searchable on google that is understandable. Conservative opinions unfortunately are not appreciated much anymore and the lobbyists, activists can affect someones life and business. I understand you stand up for what you believe in but if your conservative opinions effects the livelihoods of hundreds of families that has to be taken in consideration. Thats why i wish this site had its own search engine instead of using google.

12-Jun-19
Opinions are fine as long as you own them and explain them. That's why the Bowsite is a great forum for healthy debate. Franklin, we may not agree on some things but we know who you are and where your perspective comes from.

But when someone runs in here wearing a ski mask and throws a flaming bag of dog poop, he needs to be called out. For all we (still) know, he's a competing outfitter in the area. The outfitters over there mostly don't like each other, and one I know, who coincidentally has the same first name as "Larry", regularly spreads outright lies about Bear Mountain and another adjacent outfitter. Even after the PM I'm not convinced it isn't that guy.

14-Jun-19
Lou, can you post the PM?

15-Jun-19
Is the OP still around? If so have you called any outfitters?

A quick search of outfitter reports for Bear Mountain Ranch on bowsite shows 2 reports. Both are good reports.

Between that and 3 people giving a thumbs up for Bear Mountain it appears worthy of looking into.

Oh and OP there are a handful of guys I reach out to in Co for advice on Co. One of them happens to be Jaquomo.

18-Jun-19
Spoke to Brad there and it sounds like a great place with great people.

• Sitka Gear