Jaquomo 11-Jun-19
Surfbow 12-Jun-19
Pop-r 31-Jul-23
Bigdog 21 01-Aug-23
Shuteye 01-Aug-23
rickepanton 27-Mar-24
HDE 27-Mar-24
09-Jun-19
I'm planning on another hunt this fall out west probably to Idaho. I was hoping to see some of your setups on dirt bikes for hunting.

09-Jun-19

altitude sick's embedded Photo
altitude sick's embedded Photo
Don’t recommend the shorts or no helmet but here’s one. We hid the bikes then went on foot from there.

09-Jun-19
The far one is a Yamaha TW200 Very good for hunting. Low to the ground with racks.

09-Jun-19
Excellent idea,,I've been thinking that would work.....howd it go using the bikes?

09-Jun-19
many years ago I had a Suzuki 250 trials bike it was geared very low &I could go places a 4 wheeler couldn't I had a sapling come up alongside the forks & in my nose it messed me up for a few days. it did ok pulling deer but if the deer hung up on anything the bike would stand up

09-Jun-19
It’s a little sketchy with a 50 pound pack on your back but it saved about 3 miles. I have hit a dog on a mountain road and face planted. Lucky I had a full face helmet, gloves on my bow was on my back and only the sight got messed up. It works better for getting to your day hunting spot. But not as safe as a 4 wheeler.

09-Jun-19

midwest's embedded Photo
midwest's embedded Photo
TW200.....didn't work out like I'd hoped. Sold it and got a quad.

09-Jun-19
www.rokon.com

2wd motorcycle will go about anywhere. Very limited on weight though with any cycle unless you can add a trailer

09-Jun-19

Huntiam 's embedded Photo
Huntiam 's embedded Photo
What no way u can hunt off a motorcycle

09-Jun-19
Same deal as Midwest. Had a TW200. Set it up good. It worked OK but that low clearance resulted in a broken foot. Sold “Tina the iron llama” and bought a Yamaha Grizzly. Way safer packing in camps and packing out camps with a full elk at the same time.

10-Jun-19

eBike John's embedded Photo
Puma 5000 Watt electric "dirt" bike
eBike John's embedded Photo
Puma 5000 Watt electric "dirt" bike
There is an electric model that could help with the noise of the bikes. BackCountry eBikes make this Puma, 5000 watt rear hub motor.

10-Jun-19
Walking is quieter.

11-Jun-19
Both Yamaha and Honda made nice fat tire 200cc bikes in the later 1960s. Honda fatcats can be bought for about $2500 and Yamaha Big Wheels for about $2,000...about 5 pounds of air in the rear tire and a good bike rider can go just about anywhere a horse trails leads them....Honda has an auto-clutch and the Yamaha has a manual clutch....big rear racks are available...Not very good bike riders (like me) prefer the Quad cause it doesn't fall over ! I have some friends who are good bike riders and they drive BW 200 yamahas all over the Idaho mountains on motorcycle legal trails...

11-Jun-19

Bigdan's embedded Photo
Bigdan's embedded Photo
city hunter rides this bad boy

11-Jun-19

Bigdan's embedded Photo
Bigdan's embedded Photo
This was mine 1986 big Wheel 200 haul lots of elk out of the mtns on It on horse trails Long before there were any 4 wheelers Sold it on Crigs List last winter took it to the local Yamaha dealer spent over $1000 in repairs and it never got fixed the gas we have today screwed it up

11-Jun-19
The fat cats were made in the 80's I have a 86 200 cc great trial bike with front and rear racks. all I run is rec. gas in mine.

11-Jun-19
I have one like city hunter’s. Mostly for scouting.

11-Jun-19
I had a BW 200 and it worked pretty well. Got rid of it for something bigger, a YZ450F. The 450 was not good for elk hunting whatsoever.

11-Jun-19
They are very light and easy to haul. But are far more dangerous than 4 wheelers for most of us mere mortals.

11-Jun-19
Dutch Oven, do you walk 7 miles across a vehicle-legal BLM two- track with all your gear just to where you start hunting on foot?

Sometimes the stupidity of posts is alarming.

I had a Yamaha 175 but when 4 wheeled ATVs came out I never looked back. Very few trails in my area open to cycles that aren't also open to ATVs. I can carry a pretty substantial spike camp in on the front and extended rear racks.

12-Jun-19
I have a KTM 450, it's a blast but there's no way I'd carry a heavy load in my pack while riding it. I think that's just asking for trouble...

31-Jul-23
You definitely would be better off on a big wheel bike. I use my normal tired dirt bike a good bit but I have done as altitude said and face planted more than once in the middle of nowhere that had I gotten hurt I'd have been in a bind so be careful! If you ride one enough out west you're gonna go down. ALWAYS wear a helmet!

01-Aug-23
Trade it for e-bike so I don't half to listen to it in gods country

01-Aug-23
Many years ago I used a Honda dirt bike to check trap lines and squirrel hunting. Was really a time saver and i could get places I couldn't get with a truck or four wheeler. Miss those days. I even ice fished with the dirt bike but you have to be very careful on the ice.

27-Mar-24
That sounds like an exciting hunt! Using a dirt bike for hunting in places like Idaho can be a game-changer. When setting up your dirt bike for hunting, there are several key considerations to keep in mind.First, you'll want to ensure your bike is equipped with a sturdy rack or bag to carry your gear, such as camping equipment, hunting gear, and supplies. A gun mount can also be a convenient addition if you plan to carry a rifle or shotgun.Have a safe and successful hunt! If you're interested in more bike-related news and updates, you might want to check out the latest at Latest Bike News in India for the newest developments in the world of motorcycles.

27-Mar-24
"Walking is quieter."

And more tiring...

• Sitka Gear