Bigdan 10-Jun-19
BULELK1 11-Jun-19
Empty Freezer 11-Jun-19
greg simon 11-Jun-19
Empty Freezer 11-Jun-19
Empty Freezer 11-Jun-19
Empty Freezer 11-Jun-19
10-Jun-19
So I have plans to purchase a Utah OTC Cow or Spike tag this year and hunt in the Beaver area where I was successful on a Mule Deer Hunt last year. I was talking to a guy, advertised as a guide/scout for that area. I was going to purchase his services to scout for me because I live in So Cal and don't have the time. He fell out of contact for whatever reason. This will be my first solo DIY elk hunt and I am just looking for a little help to locate elk in area to give me a head start. I know alot of you guys are thinkin "what a woos" needs a scout.. i'll give you that. Anyway, any ideas from you guys on ways i can change my little setback. Of course my psychy says this is a major setback. Any Ideas.. Thanks

10-Jun-19
A lot of elk on the Beaver. It’s one unit in Utah that is way above objective to the point they are doing cow hunts starting August 1. Shouldn’t have a problem finding elk, be in shape.

10-Jun-19
Roger that..

10-Jun-19
Start looking were there has been some big fires elk like old burns. That were I started looking is the South west desert and it was full of elk.

11-Jun-19
If ya saw many elk during your Muley hunt last year, that might be a good place to start, plus you know the lay of the land and have experience from last year.

Good luck, Robb

11-Jun-19
Didn't see any elk. We hunted the West side of beaver. I'm thinkin the elk are going to be on the mountain side, maybe around ag fields and water.. but that's just a retarded guess..

11-Jun-19
Ag fields have food, mountains have bedding cover, and elk need water. Sounds like a pretty good guess to me!

11-Jun-19
Thanks guys, it won't be for lack of effort.

11-Jun-19
Thanks guys, it won't be for lack of effort.

11-Jun-19
scout first hunt 2nd. most deer hunters try and hunt elk the same way as they hunt deer at first. I know I sure did. no hunting unless the sign is still steaming.

11-Jun-19
Scout first, hunt second. Kinda like dating. I like it.

• Sitka Gear