wildwilderness 10-Jun-19
Hunt98 10-Jun-19
TEmbry 10-Jun-19
Mike Ukrainetz 11-Jun-19
Adrenaline Russ 11-Jun-19
bad karma 11-Jun-19
Buffalo1 11-Jun-19
10-Jun-19
I’ve had trailcam pictures of a boar and a sow hang together for at least a couple of weeks.

How long do boars and sows hang around each other during mating season?

10-Jun-19

wildwilderness's embedded Photo
Then he ate all the food and got hangry, smashed my barrel, sheared a lag bolt, and left
Then he ate all the food and got hangry, smashed my barrel, sheared a lag bolt, and left
I’m not sure but this boar and sow brown bear hung out together for a couple days.

10-Jun-19
I’ve had trailcam pictures of a boar and a sow hang together for at least a couple of weeks.

How long do boats and sows hang around each other during mating season?

10-Jun-19
I think bear densities plays a big role. Areas with a lot of sows I think they move on quicker than other areas with less bears for him to move along for. Brown bears in my area rarely stay more than 7-10 days on a hot sow before moving on to find another. Black bears I honestly can’t tell you how long, cause we kill one if it’s a nice boar that shows up on a sow long before it leaves.

11-Jun-19
About 3 days if he is stuck on a hot sow, then he moves on. But any boar can be seen at a bait together with a sow at any time so it's kind of open ended...

11-Jun-19
I have seen the same as Mike mentions above. 3 days he's right on her and a day or two before and after he may be following her around with a little more space between them. If there are more hot sows around, he's out of there once the breeding is done.

11-Jun-19
I've seen a couple together in late September here in Colorado.

11-Jun-19
In the words of BB King hold true, “the thrill is gone!”

• Sitka Gear