ROUGHCOUNTRY 12-Jun-19
Brotsky 12-Jun-19
bghunter 12-Jun-19
bghunter 12-Jun-19
Beav 12-Jun-19
bghunter 13-Jun-19
Mule Power 13-Jun-19
11-Jun-19
I drew a SD paddlefish tag, gavin's point and I am suppose to chase them this upcoming sun and Monday Any reports? Looks like rain both days which isn't good

11-Jun-19

Brotsky's Link
Not really a report but the river is running high and fast, they are still releasing 75k cfs at Gavin's Point. You can use my link for updates on the releases and pool levels. Be careful out there and good luck!

11-Jun-19
I'm sure Beav will weigh in, they were just up there and did pretty good!

11-Jun-19
Thanks guys. i have a great guide hired so I feel good about being safe on the water, Glad to hear Beav did good, being a ways aways not easy to find updates.

11-Jun-19
You are going to hit it perfect. Clouds are not great but you should be fine. Sounds like fish were up well the end of last week. You should do well!

11-Jun-19
Beav,

That is great to hear. I was a little worried when I saw the weather report. I waited a few years and will be driving 16hours round trip to shoot a fish, so was keeping my fingers crossed :)

11-Jun-19
Marlyn will get you on plenty of fish. You’ll have a blast!

12-Jun-19
+1 if you are going with Marlyn you aren't not going to have any lack of shot opportunities! Enjoy your hunt and enjoy our great state!

12-Jun-19
I am lucky I am going with marlyn.

Brotsky, Second time in your state should be a charm, as the snow goose hunt was a bust

12-Jun-19

Beav's embedded Photo
Beav's embedded Photo
Two tags in my boat this year opening day and we were tagged out in the first 45 min.

12-Jun-19

Beav's embedded Photo
Beav's embedded Photo
My son and his buddy made quick work of it!

12-Jun-19

Beav's embedded Photo
Beav's embedded Photo
A buddy shot this one the second morning out of our boat!

12-Jun-19
Weird looking fish!

12-Jun-19
Prehistoric! They have existed for over 300 million years. Way before the dinosaurs.

12-Jun-19
My native American grandfather who was born in 1914 remembers farmers bringing wagon loads into the reservation when he was a kid. They would sell them as "spoonbill cats" for meat to the locals in northeast Montana. Apparently, during their runs there were back water sloughs along the Missouri river where they would get into the shallows and the farmers would pitch fork hundreds of them.

Thankfully, they're managed pretty tightly nowadays. My father lives in Glendive, MT along the Yellowstone river and F&G folks clean and harvest the roe (eggs) and give you a plastic bag of meat. They are tasty but you lose quite a bit of meat after the big head and guts and red meat are removed. I've snagged lots of them as a kid and shot one with a bow but I keep thinking about the fact I'm killing a prehistoric animal.

12-Jun-19
I will attest that they are pretty dang good eating!

BG, if your snow goose hunt was this spring then you weren't the only one to have a bust. It was tough sledding for everyone.

12-Jun-19
Beav, Thanks for the extra motivation for my trip. Just curious what size are those fish? Just trying to get an idea of length weight etc

12-Jun-19
Brotsky, It was this spring. I wont hold it against anyone that's for sure, as it was one odd spring to say the least.

12-Jun-19
These fish were mid 20s for weight. These are just nice sized for the river.

13-Jun-19
Thank you for the info. I would be more than happy with any of them.

13-Jun-19
I agree very good eating. Similar to halibut. Good luck!

• Sitka Gear