OFFHNTN 13-Jun-19
Tilzbow 13-Jun-19
YZF-88 14-Jun-19
Ace 14-Jun-19
BassSlayer 14-Jun-19
'Ike' (Phone) 15-Jun-19
Ucsdryder 15-Jun-19
12-Jun-19
My current rangefinder crapped out on me, what angle compensating range finders are you guys using and recommend?

12-Jun-19
I just bought a Sig Sauer 1200 and I like it a lot. Can be had for around 150 bucks! Shawn

12-Jun-19
+1 for the Sig

12-Jun-19
Sorry to highjack your thread njbuck but I may also be in the market for a new range finder. Currently using a Nikon non angle compensating unit and for SW Kansas it works fine. Headed to Colorado this fall and was wondering if it makes a big difference? Not like I'm doing or planning on a sheep or goat hunt but value you guys opinion. Will have to check out the Sig unit for sure.

12-Jun-19
Check out a Leopold. I really like mine.

12-Jun-19
I had an old Nikon one I used for years. Recently purchased the Sig 2200 and really like it.

12-Jun-19
Leica. I think it has the best optics and works well

12-Jun-19
How much is that Leica?

12-Jun-19
I really like my Leupold. Probably like the ford/Chevy/ram debate.

12-Jun-19

Ermine's embedded Photo
Ermine's embedded Photo
Trophy hill- I picked mine up for $200 (slightly used)

12-Jun-19
Big fan of the Leupold RX line. Going on about 8 years on mine. A number of my friends have bought. All happy

12-Jun-19
After several range finders I am very happy with my Sig 2200

12-Jun-19
I had every intention of buying a Sig. Walked out with a 1500 Vortex and couldn’t be more pleased, although I’ve heard the 1000 leaves something to be desired.

13-Jun-19
I didn't like the Sig 2200. I returned it and got the Leupold RX 1600i and absolutly love the thing. I had an older RX and should've known to get another one right from the start.

13-Jun-19
Tons of great info on Bowsite dating back a couple of years. I suggest the OP enter “Bowsite rangefinder” into Google and read away.

I prefer the mid to higher end SIG for reasons discussed on past threads.

14-Jun-19
Been very happy with my Leupold TBR the last few years. It has a bow and rifle mode as well. I've used both.

14-Jun-19
Whatever you buy: pay attention to the degree of magnification. Some guys use them for glassing so optical clarity and magnification really come into play.

Also, you may want to do a bit of middle school math and then determine if you really need the angle compensation feature. For those of us here in the east, who hunt from trees mostly, (usually about 20 feet up), the difference is insignificant at the ranges we shoot. YMMV

14-Jun-19

BassSlayer's embedded Photo
G7 BR2 Ballistic Rangefinder. Almost brand new condition-- No scratches on the lens.
BassSlayer's embedded Photo
G7 BR2 Ballistic Rangefinder. Almost brand new condition-- No scratches on the lens.

BassSlayer's Link
If anyone is looking for a solid rangefinder, I am selling my G7 BR2 Ballistic Rangefinder. It's in pristine condition (absolutely no scratches on the lens). I'm looking to get $1,000 OBO (retails at $1,600). I switched to an all-in-one which is the reason I am parting with it.

15-Jun-19
I went to the Sig also...Great lil rangefinder! They have ‘em on CamoFire as we speak!

15-Jun-19
Camofire has gone to crap. They used to have some deals. Now you’re lucky if theyrcdeals are the same as amazon and eBays normal price.

• Sitka Gear