wyobullshooter 13-Jun-19
fastflight 13-Jun-19
DEMO-Bowhunter 14-Jun-19
13-Jun-19

No Mercy's embedded Photo
No Mercy's embedded Photo
Wow!!

13-Jun-19
I didn't think anyone shopped at those stores anymore anyway? :-)

13-Jun-19
Hahaha

13-Jun-19
That's really not great news.

13-Jun-19
I've come to the conclusion that someone MUST still shop at Bass Pro, I just can't figure out who...

13-Jun-19
Dude’s gotta get their crocs somewhere Cory! :-)

13-Jun-19
I think I bought my last several dozen FMJs at MidwayUSA

13-Jun-19
"Camo Crocs"...

13-Jun-19
Bass Pro and Cabelas are big business and sometimes do big business type things. Not adhering to MAP agreements definitely hurts the smaller businesses and they should knock that off, if they are doing it.

I don't buy much from bass pro, but occasionally I'll buy some work clothes there, or catch some hunting stuff on sale.

But bottom line, they are huge companies that still support the hunting and fishing communities. They sponsor all kinds of hunting related activities and organizations. Big companies doing stuff like that are not growing on trees now days.

Sometimes the dislike for bass pro on here(not just talking about this thread) reminds of people who liked a band, but when the band makes it and gets too big, they call them sell outs and don't like them anymore. If you don't like Bass Pro/Cabelas, don't shop there. But I don't understand the bashing of a company that is still, at least at the moment, on our side.

13-Jun-19
Cabelas is used to throwing their weight around when it comes to business dealings...leaving vendors with little profit in many cases.

The thing is, there are so many buying opportunities online nowadays...that vendors do not NEED Cabelas anymore.

13-Jun-19
I agree mountainman they are pro hunting and and fishing.

13-Jun-19
plenty of pro hunting companies out there that have much better pricing and quality than bass pro or cabelas. waste not want not.

13-Jun-19
Easton still makes arrows? I thought the went to just making baseball bats and hockey sticks

13-Jun-19
"I've come to the conclusion that someone MUST still shop at Bass Pro, I just can't figure out who..."

Still a great store for buying crankbaits, soft plastics, and such...

13-Jun-19
That makes sense HDE...The BP’s I’ve been in look like clothing/fishing stores. Cabela’s USED to be such a classic hunting store.

13-Jun-19
mountainman, this ain’t your daddy’s Cabelas. I started buying from them back in the late 70’s, at the original store in downtown Sidney. We used to make special trips just to go to Cabelas when I was in the military. Everyone knew what a “Cabelas run” was. Made it a few times a year. It was like a kid waiting for Christmas morning. If it was in the catalog, it was in the store. On the rare occasion it wasn’t, they would ship it to you when it came in...no shipping charge. Again, on the rare occasion something you bought was defective, you took it to customer service and they made it right.

When they went public, that all changed. In the catalog, the inventory went way thru the roof. However, when I went to the store, most items I wanted were out of stock, and you had to pay shipping if you wanted them sent to your house. If you wanted warranty, you had to pay for it. Their quality, for most their Cabelas brands, has went to sh$t. As far as supporting hunting and fishing, there are other businesses that do the same that give a hell of a lot more bang for your buck.

13-Jun-19
Cabelas and Bass Pro are still ok stores. Of course there are better ways to buy stuff these days. The disgust or hatred that so many show towards a hunting related business is pathetic though. Dont buy there if you dont want. Stop using their credit card if you dont want to. But please stop acting like they are anti hunting and the enemy.

14-Jun-19
I have what I believe is still the largest Cabela's store about 10 minutes from my house. Took the boy there last night to pick up a baitcasting reel that he earned through his good report card, etc. That was the first time I've been in there in the past 6 months or so. I took a walk around to see how things have changed after the merger. The hunting clothing they carry now is almost all of the Red Head stuff and very low quality. Didn't notice much of the Cabela's branded gear on the racks. They have expanded all of the general clothing areas as well.

I think I have only bought fishing gear from there in the past couple years since most of my hunting gear I get online. It is nice for that since they do have a large variety of every type of fishing gear on the shelf to see and handle.

• Sitka Gear