Treeline 15-Jun-19
badguybuster 15-Jun-19
Jaquomo 15-Jun-19
timex 15-Jun-19
Two Feathers 15-Jun-19
15-Jun-19

badguybuster's embedded Photo
badguybuster's embedded Photo
Well, i picked up an Obsession Def Con M7 in trade. Its my very first compound bow and Ill say this....."i now know why people use them"!!!!

I dont plan to switch over permanently but dang.....it sure does make things easier.

This was my best group at 40 yards.

15-Jun-19
They are a lot of fun too. I switched back to mostly hunting with a compound again two years ago. Don’t remember having more fun. Been shooting the longbow again this year so I don’t know which I’ll hunt with more. All I do know is it’s going to be the one I think is more fun.

15-Jun-19
Just think, with some practice you can tighten up your groups!

Nice shootin’ !!!!!!

15-Jun-19
If you can kill a live bear with a rack that big I’ll be impressed ;)

15-Jun-19
Is the group shot from forty yards or is the pic taken from forty yards??

Just kidding :) So is that cross breed called a Beer?

15-Jun-19
I bought a Bowtech RealmX this spring and put a single pin sight on it. Really having a blast too! Don't let your buddies trad-shame you. If they try, its they who have the problem. Enjoy your new toy!

15-Jun-19
Im using a HHA Optima Lite Single pin. Pretty cool little sight.

15-Jun-19
Echo Charlie's comments. That's some dang fine shooting!

15-Jun-19
Dang nice group! What is the name of your 3D target?

15-Jun-19
With a little practice, I am pretty sure you will be able to get some better groups;-)

Shooting critters with a compound is very different from shooting critters with a traditional bow.

Although I am not sure I would want to be so handicapped in the woods as with one of those infernal machines! What with sights that could move, harnesses to fall off the wheels, a release to keep up with, peep sight to keep aligned, stabilizer to get in the way, a fall-away rest to break, etc, etc....

Not sure how anyone can keep those contraptions from blowing up in their face long enough to actually kill something!

I’ll just stick to ‘ol reliable:-)

15-Jun-19
That target is my daughters "pet" and she insisted it was supposed to have horns. Im also not allowed to shoot it when she is around.

I dont plan to hunt with the Compound, this year is designated for my Toelke.

15-Jun-19
Treeline, I needed a new challenge from killin' stuff with stickbows ;-).

15-Jun-19
trendline iv had the same bowtec 101st airborne since 2005. sometime around 2010 had a limb fail which was warranty replaced & I put new string & cable around 2012. &other than that iv done nothing not an adjustment nothing has fallen off or come lose. if ya don't care for compounds that's your business. but your description of one is a bit exaggerated to put it polightly. I shoot both & still have the riser converted to ilf that I killed my first trad bow deer with 38 years ago. I use both & don't get cought up in the one or the other nonsense. I like sneaking in thick cover on windy days with a trad bow & compounds for stand hunting

15-Jun-19
I don't think I can even pick a spot at 40 yards. Nice shooting.

• Sitka Gear