drycreek 19-Jun-19
LKH 19-Jun-19
Walleyehunter02 19-Jun-19
DL 19-Jun-19
Shuteye 20-Jun-19
15-Jun-19

DL's embedded Photo
DL's embedded Photo
I was up in eastern Oregon working on a friends 25,000 cattle ranch. For a week. I was trimming trees along roads that were being graded. I was also cutting down junipers. They suck up 30-40 gallons of water a day. Well this big boy bit back. I was on the back side and drove a wedge into the cut to get it to fall away from me. It started going and I killed the saw. It slid down, hit the ground and flipped back on me. I saw one big limb heading for me so I pushed away as it was falling. The gas can got crushed as well as the oil container. I got slammed to the ground with my foot caught under a limb plus a blow to my shoulder that is causing some serious pain. Issues. I managed to crawl out from under it and get to my truck. Another guy had to go out and retrieve the saw. Then he had to tell my wife that he didn’t know how I survived. Yeah thanks!! Had to listen to that feedback for two days. Now I have drawn a premium archery tag here in Ca where they take some400” bulls every year.

15-Jun-19
That was way too close! Hopefully, that shoulder will heal up fast.

15-Jun-19
Hope you're alright Dave. Bad contusions often times hurt for 6 weeks, but usually recovery is full unless you bend/twist a limb/joint in the process. Hopefully you'll be good to go come August.

15-Jun-19
Lost a coworker like that. Glad you are ok!

15-Jun-19
That was definitely too close! Hope you have a speedy recovery and get a crack at one of those monster bulls!

15-Jun-19
Wow, you are lucky! Your situation is why I am having a shoulder holster custom designed for my cell phone.

Take a look back and give it thanks.

15-Jun-19
You’re a walking accident Dave! ;-)

15-Jun-19
That’s what dad told mom.

It hit right on the socket. If I roll over in my left side I wake up quick. I hate thinking about using that friicken crossbow turd.

15-Jun-19
Hope you heal up quickly! And here I thought I could relate to the title of this post. Guess the odds of drawing a second season archery tag in New Mexico go up when you accept your fiancée proposed wedding date 2 days before the season opens.. figures we’d draw this year after the wedding date was set... guess I’ll be leaving her and going on my “hunting moon” ??

15-Jun-19
When I first saw the photo I thought you'd lost your right arm. :)

19-Jun-19
Another little curve ball today from the spine Dr. after trying chiropractor and water aerobics he took one look at my MRI and said my back hurts looking at your MRI. So first an EMG. Closest thing to torture a person can have. Then spinal injections to see if that works. If not go in and team out the channels where the nerves go through the vertebrae. The good news is that all the hardware from the fusion is secure. I said OK but sept 4-15th are out. May be my last elk hunt.

19-Jun-19
That sucks DL. I hope you get better quickly !

19-Jun-19
Junipers are like any heavily limbed, often unbalanced tree. Best cut down with a nylon pull rope attached. Nylon is the only choice since it keeps pulling after the tree starts to move.

Good to see you could still have your picture taken.

19-Jun-19
And my apologies. I wasn’t trying to highjack the thread.

19-Jun-19
Walleye no apologies needed.

20-Jun-19
A logger friend and his son logged my woods a couple years ago. This past winter the son was dragging out logs and when he got back he found his dad, dead under a fallen tree. It was hard to believe since he was so careful. He had been cutting trees all his life and was in his 60's.

• Sitka Gear