Trial153 18-Jun-19
South Farm 20-Jun-19
WHOCARES 20-Jun-19
WHOCARES 20-Jun-19
keepemsharp 20-Jun-19
midwest 20-Jun-19
dlh4570 20-Jun-19
15-Jun-19
What Foods can I NOT take across the Canadian Border? I am hoping to take a couple of Store Bought Hams, They are Cured and factory wrapped, and some Kielbasi, and lunch meats for sandwiches ?

15-Jun-19
Raw chicken and eggs are a no no. I have been told by friends that they had raw potatoes and other root veggies confiscated. I take freeze dried hash browns for the convenience so have not experienced that. I go to Ontario a couple times a year to fish or hunt. For a number of years we just purchased our grocery needs after we crossed the border.

15-Jun-19
Your not allowed to bring in any of that flaccid canned pee you guys call beer.

Well, you are allowed, but why the heck would you, when you can buy real beer locally.

15-Jun-19
Ambush.... nice... and you do not go to Canada to buy beer when then make better whiskey..

15-Jun-19
Cocaine sandwiches

15-Jun-19
The regs on food imports to Canada (and the US) change frequently, depending on issues with various foods, whether chicken, eggs, beef, salads, fruits etc. Go to the gov’t of Canada website and check it. Google will get you there quickly. Enjoy Canada!

15-Jun-19
Why not just buy it there? I was just in Toronto a few days ago and I found most things were similarly priced or cheaper when the exchange rate was taken into effect.

15-Jun-19
Canada, a country full of alcoholics who can’t afford to drink.

18-Jun-19
Google border crossing regulations for the province that you plan to visit. It will tell you what can and cannot be brought across the border as well as limitation regarding how much you can bring.

18-Jun-19
Canadian bacon, or, as the Canadians I know call it, ham.

18-Jun-19
Cocaine sandwiches...........................................DAMN IT!

18-Jun-19
Not worth the hassle of trying to keep up with the ever changing list of prohibited items. Anything that simplifies the crossing is worth it. Buy the food there.

20-Jun-19
"Why not just buy it there?"

1. Their canned beans taste like shit! 2. Try finding an open grocery store in Armstrong or Pickle Lake at 4 am.

Just two reasons that come to mind based on experience, eh.

20-Jun-19

20-Jun-19
Just got back from the Sioux. Always take our own groceries, whatever we want. Even some homemade stuff. Saves time and simpler. Never any questions asked on food. Just on beer and booze.

20-Jun-19
Last time in Canada got real tired of $7 beers.

20-Jun-19
handgun sandwich

20-Jun-19
One reason for not buying it there, My brother works for a place that makes Commercial Hams and pork products, and gets a super discount!

• Sitka Gear