Brotsky 24-Jun-21
smarba 24-Jun-21
No Mercy 24-Jun-21
Thornton 24-Jun-21
wilhille 24-Jun-21
Knothead 24-Jun-21
18-Jun-19

Stekewood's Link
Interesting news in the hunting apparel world.

18-Jun-19
Definitely interesting. I like First Lite. Hopefully they stay headed in a good direction under the Meat Eater umbrella.

18-Jun-19
From all I have ever heard and seen, Steve is a stand up guy and a true conservationist! I think he will do great things for First Lite, I just hope Meat Eater doesn't become a non stop First Light commercial:)

Good Luck and God Bless Steve!

18-Jun-19
Having followed Steve's career path I don't see his programing in any form being like mainstream outdoor media.

18-Jun-19
I hope this means they will have stuff in stock more than 4 months out of the year.

18-Jun-19

Zim's Link
I wonder what stake/influence Chernin will have in it going forward? I like Rinella but when he came under attack recently when it was announced Chernin was taking a controlling interest in MeatEater, nowhere in his reply did he address how by me purchasing his product/content it would be enriching an anti-gun proponent (Chernin). The reality is many of the brands we support have outside capital with contradictory views (i.e. nothing is "cut and dry"), but this type of stuff with prominent brands makes me wonder some times what the future holds. All in all I'm glad Rinella portrays hunting in a positive light, I simply wish he wouldn't partner with anti-gun advocates.

18-Jun-19
Break out the tin foil hats.

18-Jun-19
I don't care who owns it as long as they bring back ASAT camo pattern.

18-Jun-19
Sure glad I got all that whitetail gear in ASAT before they got rid of it!

18-Jun-19
Awesome news! I wish Steve and his clan much success in all their endeavors. At 58, I have grown weary of the run-of-the-mill outdoor entertainment and have become somewhat of a "groupy" to Meateater. ?? Steve brings a new light, enthusiam and great perspective to our hunting and outdoors community. I wish them the best.

18-Jun-19
YZF-88 x10 bring back ASAT!!!

18-Jun-19
YZF-88 x10 bring back ASAT!!!

19-Jun-19
In a way they have saved me money by getting rid of it. I started buying cheaper solid colors for multi purpose use (hiking etc). Not paying full price for patterns pushed by the InstaTubaGram crews.

19-Jun-19
Yes bring back ASAT!!

19-Jun-19
You guys do know you can still buy ASAT correct?

19-Jun-19
Yes, but really like the materials and clothes that First Lite has.

19-Jun-19
Tobinsghost, you mean first lite is currently selling ASAT again? Great! where can I buy it because their website doesn't show it.

19-Jun-19
Wow, that's cool, MeatEater and First Lite are both great groups of people who put out great products, I hope it's a successful move for them!

19-Jun-19
My understanding is if you want anything in asat moving forward you’ll be buying it from asat, I don’t think dropping asat was a choice made by first lite.

19-Jun-19
I'm fairly certain FL chose to discontinue ASAT as they didn't want to pay royalties on the pattern. Same reason they dropped Realtree from their whitetail lines.

19-Jun-19
My pet peeve with First Lite is their gratuitous use of their little gimmicky pockets on everything! How about quit worrying about the gimmicky pockets and make a real pair of pants? Case in point is the Merino pants. They have had pockets all over those dang pants and who knows how many different cuts and they still suck from a fit and durability perspective. If you want a durable pair of wool pants you are better off buying pants that were made 60 years ago! WTF First Lite! You can do better than that!

20-Jun-19
Meateater is the best and almost only outdoor show I can watch anymore, and I listen to the podcast all the time. Rinella is a great advocate for sportsmen, and I hope this works well for all of them.

23-Jun-21
I hope they will start making their stuff somewhere other than Communist China.

23-Jun-21
If they move production to the United States of America, I will buy.

24-Jun-21
… only if the "Americans" in the production cycle are actual citizens and not illegal immigrants from south of our border.

24-Jun-21
"If only Americans would work for the slave wages Chinese people work for enabling us to buy American made goods at a price point low enough so that we don't have to start another thread bitching about how much stuff costs."

24-Jun-21
You beat me to the punch Brotsky...thinking the exact same thing only you worded it more eloquently than I could have

24-Jun-21
X2 Smarba

24-Jun-21
Who are the "antigun advocates"?

24-Jun-21
They could totally make everything in the USA and sale it for a profit at the same MSRP as they have now. Just like 90% of the companies out there. It's just that the profit margin is not nearly as lucrative if they had to pay people a living wage in the USA. That's the difference. Greed.

Not saying it's right or wrong, but that is the reality. It's about the bottom line.

24-Jun-21
Long story short.... Americans keep buying crap made in China and other 3rd world countries. It will never change until we stop buying it.

• Sitka Gear