t-roy 21-Jun-19
The last savage 21-Jun-19
Medicinemann 22-Jun-19
ki-ke 22-Jun-19
Scar Finga 22-Jun-19
18-Jun-19

Beav's embedded Photo
Beav's embedded Photo
I have a god friend that lives in Maryland and have always talked about taking a family vacation out to see him and do some bowfishing for cownose rays and southern stingrays. With my son starting grad school in the fall we decided the time was now! So we boarded our plane in Omaha to head to the east coast for some fun!

18-Jun-19

Beav's embedded Photo
Beav's embedded Photo
After a long day of flights and travel we finally arrived out our friends place near Baltimore. A little sleep and we were off to hunt a river on our way to Ocean City where we would spend the remainder of our trip.

18-Jun-19
The water was a little stained and things started out slow but we eventually got on some rays. Zach scores first followed up by Maddie with two real nice cownose rays.

18-Jun-19

18-Jun-19

Beav's embedded Photo
Beav's embedded Photo
Happy girl!

18-Jun-19

Beav's embedded Photo
Beav's embedded Photo
The trip was already a success!

18-Jun-19

Beav's embedded Photo
Beav's embedded Photo
We ended up boating seven in all on the afternoon and had a blast fighting these hard pullers!

18-Jun-19

Beav's embedded Photo
Beav's embedded Photo
We cleaned the rays and packed them in ice and washed down the boat and headed for Ocean City! Great day!

18-Jun-19

Beav's embedded Photo
Beav's embedded Photo
We arrive right before dark and look forward to a few days of fun and some more bowfishing!

18-Jun-19
I bet there was no fun had on this trip!! Good stuff Beav!! Hunt

18-Jun-19

Beav's embedded Photo
Beav's embedded Photo
We have some drinks that night and the next morning we head out into the big water looking for rays. An hour in and Zach arrows a big Southern ray and after a long fight the arrow pulls free from his wing. We are pissed as we were so close to getting another arrow in him. A short time later Zach arrows a big cownose! After getting him in the boat we continue up the shoreline and I see a big one and my arrow buriies in him. We chase him with the boat and after lengthy battle we get the harpoon in him and he is ours!

18-Jun-19
That's looks like ya'll had a blast !! Congrats

18-Jun-19

Beav's embedded Photo
Beav's embedded Photo
We take pics and clean them and since the action slowed we head for the beach!

18-Jun-19

Beav's embedded Photo
Beav's embedded Photo
We have a blast at the beach and enjoy a few cocktails!

18-Jun-19

Beav's embedded Photo
Beav's embedded Photo
Maddie loved the ocean while we enjoyed our drinks!

18-Jun-19

Beav's embedded Photo
Beav's embedded Photo
Our group was one of the last on the beach on a perfect evening!

18-Jun-19

Beav's embedded Photo
Beav's embedded Photo
That night we feast on crabs and southern ray! It was delicious!

18-Jun-19

Beav's embedded Photo
Beav's embedded Photo
Some great eating stingray!

18-Jun-19

Beav's embedded Photo
Beav's embedded Photo
The next day is a bust on rays with only one spotted and very quick shot. We take a boat ride and anchor up at a restaurant and have some lunch and drinks.

18-Jun-19

Beav's embedded Photo
Beav's embedded Photo
My girls were also having a blast!

18-Jun-19

Beav's embedded Photo
Beav's embedded Photo
The Blue Angels we’re practicing for their performance so they flew over several times while we enjoyed the boat ride!

18-Jun-19

Beav's embedded Photo
Beav's embedded Photo
One more evening on the beach! We made the most of our last night and although it was hard we were up early and on the water looking for rays.

18-Jun-19

Beav's embedded Photo
Beav's embedded Photo
We hit it hard and with the winds the day before the water is murky. We eventually find one big ray out in the middle of the bay and I manage to get an arrow in him! It was a great way to end one hell of a vacation. We hope to make another trip sometime in the future!

18-Jun-19
Awesome trip Beav! Great memories made with the family for sure. Congrats buddy!

18-Jun-19
Awesome! Looks like a blast! I did happen to see a picture of you passed out on the couch with writing all over you. haha Thanks for sharing, did you bring any ray home for us to try?

18-Jun-19
Was fun to follow along on fb, Harlin.

18-Jun-19
Marty I did! Will be served at our next 3-D shoot!

18-Jun-19
Looks like you had a fun trip. Thanks for sharing!

18-Jun-19
Nice trip, thanks for sharing.

18-Jun-19
What a great thread, Harlin! I smiled all the way through and am still smiling! You are blessed, my friend.

18-Jun-19
Man, looks fun. I have a sting ray trip on my short list too, just gotta make it happen! Thanks for sharing.

—Jim

18-Jun-19
Glad you were able to shoot some Ray's. Have done it a few times in Florida in the gulf and they are a blast. They put up one heck of a fight too. Enjoy your vacation

18-Jun-19

HUNT MAN's embedded Photo
For you guys that have never had the privilege of meeting Harlin. He is a one of the finest humans I have ever met. Can’t wait for the next one. Hunt

19-Jun-19
Charlie I have made two deer hunting trips out there as well years ago. Some great looking country with a bit of everything and some great people. Always enjoy going out there but really enjoyed taking the whole family.

19-Jun-19
I think it is very cool to see people excited about shooting the cownose rays. When hit with an arrow they simply go crazy! The marine biologists want them shot because their population seems to be increasing and they are hurting the oyster population.

If any western hunters are interested in shooting rays send me a PM. If for any reason you're heading to Richmond or Norfolk, VA it would be easy to coordinate.

19-Jun-19
Im on the easternshore ...those rays are a pain for everyone...shoot every dam one of them!

19-Jun-19
Looks like a great time, Congrats!

19-Jun-19
elkstabber it is people like you that make this place special! I hope someone takes you up on the offer. It is a blast!

19-Jun-19
Glad you had a Awesome time here. Thanks for sharing your adventure with us. And yes Maryland does have great outdoor opportunities, and climate. Come visit us again.

19-Jun-19
Great stuff Beav! Way to crank out a great family trip and log some more memories. Happy for you!

19-Jun-19
Looks like a blast! Well done!

19-Jun-19
What do the rays taste like?

19-Jun-19
Great pics, Beav. Looks fun.

Y'all should try the Gulf sometime. Great fishing, prettier beaches,...…..and the condos are in much better shape than those in the pic above with the Angels. ;-)

19-Jun-19
Looks like you all had a great time! Nice shooting!

19-Jun-19
Great stuff, Harlin!

19-Jun-19
Probably chicken sorry couldn’t help it thanks for sharing looks like you all had a great time Lewis

19-Jun-19
It tasted like scallops. Very tender and mild. The southern ray in my opinion was the best.

19-Jun-19
Joey Ward when I was younger I spent a month in Gulf Port, Mississippi and it was a great place and enjoyed fishing the gulf.

19-Jun-19
That looks like an awesome time. It's something I've been wanting to do for awhile.

19-Jun-19
Looks fun! Thaks for sharing, Harlin

19-Jun-19
Looks like a great vacation!

19-Jun-19
Beav how did you clean them I’ve caught a bunch but never messed with cleaning one but we always had grouper,cobria,snook,tripletail,and snapper might have to try the next one.Lewis

19-Jun-19
Cut the meat off the wings. Fillet on top and bottom on the cownose and pretty much just top on southern.

19-Jun-19
Looks like a wonderful trip, glad you could take your family!

21-Jun-19
Looks like you guys had a blast!

21-Jun-19
Glad to see you had a great time in Maryland!!!!

22-Jun-19
Man that looks like a lot of fun.....

22-Jun-19
Looks like a great family on a great trip Harlin!! Thanks for sharing!

22-Jun-19
What a great trip, looks like a blast!!

Thanks for sharing!!!

• Sitka Gear